Girls Entering Puberty at Younger Ages, Study Suggests

I worry about the growth hormones in the milk, personally.

Hormone laced foods IMO

"They" are doing something to food and drink and it hit me the other day.
Red Bull. If I have one Red Bull I start to crave them. It's almost like addiction with them!

"They" put hormones in everything that is mass produced, IMO.

I'm never feeling ill after I eat organic from my gardens, eggs from the neighbors farm and meat that is locally raised And local moo juice.

I buy that in a grocery store? I don't feel too well after eating it.:waitasec:
imo

I can't imagine having to start puberty so young. I read years ago that bigger girls tend to start young, so when my girls were born I made a point to make sure they had a healthy diet and got plenty of exercise. I always struggled with my weight, and I didn't want them to not only have the same problems, but maybe have to deal with puberty early because of extra weight.

I also steered clear of hormone-laced milk, although I've heard recently that it is a myth that those growth hormones have anything at all to do with early puberty. Still, I do make sure our milk has no growth hormones.

Oh, and by the way, the girls are now 19 and 14; both are healthy weights and started puberty at around age 12. But I also wonder how much of it is genetic.

"They" are doing something to food and drink and it hit me the other day.
Red Bull. If I have one Red Bull I start to crave them. It's almost like addiction with them!

"They" put hormones in everything that is mass produced, IMO.

I'm never feeling ill after I eat organic from my gardens, eggs from the neighbors farm and meat that is locally raised And local moo juice.

I buy that in a grocery store? I don't feel too well after eating it.:waitasec:
imo

You are absolutely right!. "They" are poisoning our food if ya ask me! I recently started the HCG diet (Dr. Simmons) I've been eating nothing but locally grown & raised and wild caught sea food. Since I am the one that shops for food...my family is also eating it. ....... The rest of my family also has benefited greatly, even my 12 year old son feels a difference.

Now ALL of my stats...from hormones, cholesterol, blood pressure is PERFECT. I am eating more now than I ever did and I'm losing weight like you wouldn't believe. I feel absolutely amazing.

and don't even get me started on ...high fructose corn syrup!

Hormone laced foods IMO

I am not a scientist and I have absolutely no proof, so I can't even call mine an "opinion." But I suspect you are right...

I thought 9 was young when I started and I grew to a tall ht. of ALMOST
5 FEET.. :woohoo:

I too believe it has to do with our environment and all the hormones we have put into our food.

For years too I only ate organics but now I cannot afford the luxury. I did feel much more healthy. I do suggest most try to eat some on a weekly basis. Funny, I majored in traditional dietetics in college and they do not center too much on organic foods but more on the four basic food groups and back then considered those who hate organics flaky.....:banghead:

Goz

Potentially TMI:
I entered puberty at 8 almost 31 years ago and grew to be 5'6 by fourth grade (also my current height). The interesting thing in my mind is that I'm half-hippie/half-redneck, so I had only homegrown food prior to starting school and then I couldn't eat the cafeteria food due to allergies to preservatives. We had our own dairy goats, beef, and bartered for eggs, chicken, and ham from other hippie/redneck families. We grew everything else (even peanuts, 'cause Daddy loved 'em). In my case, it was simply genetic.
MOO

Quick question...

Please define entering puberty.

Are we talking stinky pits? hair? Or are we strictly talking menstruation for girls and ? for boys?

Hormone-laced food additives - particularly soy which contains estrogen - is likely responsible. Soy protein is added to many foods, many of which most people might not even realize. In addition to the onset of puberty at a young age, ever noticed how many men have "moobs" (man-b**bs)? jmo

Quick question...

Please define entering puberty.

Are we talking stinky pits? hair? Or are we strictly talking menstruation for girls and ? for boys?

What is puberty?

Puberty is the time at which a growing boy or girl begins the process of sexual maturation. Puberty involves a series of physical stages or steps that lead to the achievement of fertility and the development of the so-called secondary sex characteristics, the physical features associated with adult males and females (such as the growth of pubic hair). While puberty involves a series of biological, or physical, transformations, the process can also have an effect on the psychosocial and emotional development of the adolescent.

http://www.medicinenet.com/puberty/article.htm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back