Found Safe Canada - Anna, 43, & Kym Hakze, 29, Lethbridge, AB, 1993

Wow, seeing more and more of these lost and found alive cases!

Anna and Kym, two sisters who have been missing for over thirty years, are seen in these handout photos.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 130
Bizarre!!

http://globalnews.ca/news/3283616/l...n-30-years-found-alive-and-living-in-the-u-s/
Over the past decades, police have chased leads and many dead ends, including the submission of DNA during the Robert Pickton investigation in B.C. There was some suggestion the two sisters had moved to Vancouver and there was concern they may have been victims in the Pickton case.

Lethbridge Police also put out a new release in 2005 of historical missing persons cases and that led to some new tips but none of them panned out.
Then, this January, during an annual file review, it was noted a theft report had been filed by the Vancouver Police in 1999 by a woman with the same name Anna was known to use. Investigators followed the lead and while it turned out the woman was not Anna Hakze, she did provide police with information that corroborated a Crime Stoppers tip in 2012.
The woman in Vancouver had saved a newspaper clipping from 1984 that advertised a book written by another woman with the same unusual name. Police say the Vancouver woman had never known anyone else to share her name and found the ad humorous, so she held on to it.
In 2012 police received and investigated a Crime Stoppers tip that identified two women – one being the author of several books and the other with an alias known to have been used by Kym Hakze – as the possible missing sisters. Police attempted to contact the author and her publisher at the time but neither responded and they could not find the other woman.

This is bizarre, but it just adds to my belief that everyone who disappears isn't always missing or has met foul play. These sisters stayed out of touch for over 30 years and they are alive and well.
Goes to show that not keeping in touch with family for a long time is not a certain or definite indicator of coming to an untimely end.

Police say the sisters did not know they were the subjects of a decades-old cold case in Lethbridg
From the article
Thanks, Dot!

I wonder how much time and money has been spent looking for these two women. Would it have been so hard to send a note to someone to say they were checking out of the family?!

Sheesh!

Glad they are fine.

I wonder how much time and money has been spent looking for these two women. Would it have been so hard to send a note to someone to say they were checking out of the family?!

Sheesh!

Glad they are fine.

I totally agree.

A little curious as to why they weren't reported missing by their mother for more than ten years.
Just seems odd. Imo.

A little curious as to why they weren't reported missing by their mother for more than ten years.
Just seems odd. Imo.

They were adults and could go missing if they wanted to. There's no law stating anyone has to check in, and I think one or both of them had a falling out with the family, which might have added to the delay.
I had a friend who hadn't talked to his mum for 15 years and he wasn't missing, he knew right where he was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back