A Message From Marc Klaas. WE DID IT. Over 4100 dollars raised.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
CHECK POST 123 FOR FINAL TALLY INFORMATION.

My Friends,

The missing children in America need 5 dollars from you. That's it. A 5 dollar donation to KlaasKids could make the difference on whether a missing child's information is seen all over the country.

KlaasKids is sponswering the Fireball Run. Read about it here

There are 35 racing teams. Each team receives 1000 posters of one missing child. The goal of the team is to hand out those fliers and post them in every place they go. The end goal is to recover America's missing kids.

Here is a message from Marc Klaas. He can tell you so much better than I can:

"KlaasKids would like Websleuths to sponsor the Fireball Run.

We need to raise $2,600 to cover the cost of printing 30,000 missing children flyers.

Whoever underwrites this project automatically becomes a major sponsor for the 2010 Fireball Run, the “Race to Recover America’s Missing Children!”

The value of the sponsorship is $50,000 in free publicity and recognition.

Help us to achieve our goal by making a ‘tax deductible’ donation to the non-profit KlaasKids Foundation.

Simply go to the KlaasKids.org donation page right here, select donate from the main menu and use PayPal or the credit card of your choice.

Alone none of us has the power to effect profound change, but together we can change the world."

If about 5 percent of the people who visit Websleuths today donate 5 dollars we will have our money.

Guys, I never ask anyone for money but I am asking you help out KlaasKids so that Marc can get the publicity needed for the missing kids the media ignores. You can make a difference with a small donation.

5 bucks, tax deductable, right here. Come on. We can do this for Marc Klaas, for Polly, for all the missing children. 5 dollars ( or more if you want) that's all it takes.

Thank you.

Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

How are they keeping track of the donations from Websleuths made via Paypal?

I always donate to KK every year (along with Texas Equasearch), and this year will be the same. Though I do have to make it $25.00 instead of $50.00 cuz I'm unemployed-- plus I need my beanie bear :)

Is there a way I can reference WS in my donation? or is that against TOS?

GO MARC!

Mel

Hey guys, I just donated, and want to let you know it doesn't take long at all just maybe 2 minutes and done. So take a few minutes and do this.

Thanks for posting this, Tricia. It's a relief to have something positive and proactive to do.

That felt good. So many frustrations, that was a positive statement. :) If you want to use paypal you click on donate now and a paypal screen comes up.

Done! Klasskids does great work! I paid using paypal --took 30 seconds- and in the instructions to seller I mentioned websleuths.

Done! And I think it took me less than a minute! Press paypal, how much you want to donate, your pass code and "donate" - EASY PEASY!

I like that you can donate without having to use your credit card on line. I'll call first thing in the AM.

ETA: I'm going for the bear also!

they have an address for the old fashioned, pony express mail.

i"ll send a check in the morning's mail.

Did it! I've been reading your posts involving printing, Tricia, and I just didn't know anyone who could help. I feel good about helping you and Marc, but just one thing: Is there some kind of FB linky I can post to perhaps get MORE people to help? Thanks!

Done.

Marc is a class act who manages to make a positive choice to help others every single day. I admire him.

Do we know if Marc will be running in part of the race? I'd love to see a photo of him at the finish line posted here. Team Marc!!

Done. I love Klaas Kids SO MUCH! They went out and searched for the Wix girls. :hug:

I :heart: Klaas Kids!

Don't know when all the money has to be in but maybe we coulld have a couple "post-a-thons" ("Web-a-thons"?) over the next couple of weeks where we have a thread like this and whoever makes a donation gets to post on it. (or maybe a private thread where whoever donated got to say anything they want about another poster without getting timed out. :) (LOL, I bet a lot of people would pay five bucks to do that!) or something similar but more positive).

ETA: Don't know if anyone thinks the idea above is decent or not but I wanted to add to it. We cold have people volunteer and sign up to be 'roasted' by their fellow posters so they would know it was all in good fun and not be offended. Then for five or ten bucks you could post about or too the persons being roasted.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd
Back