Fresh Express recalling some salad products

Dark Knight

Reaction score
SALINAS, Calif. – Fresh Express is voluntarily recalling some of its salad products because of a possible health risk from Listeria monocytogenes.

The Salinas-base company is recalling 2,825 cases of its Veggie Lovers Salad. The recalled salad mix has a product code of I208 and use-by date of Aug. 10.

According to the FDA and Fresh Express, the product was distributed to Missouri, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Kansas, Kentucky, Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

The mix could then have been sent to Arkansas, Tennessee, West Virginia, Iowa, Minnesota, Virginia, Vermont, New Hampshire, Nebraska, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Mississippi and the District of Columbia.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100812/ap_on_bi_ge/us_salad_recall

The Veggie Lovers mix is the one I usually buy. Lately tho I've been getting an organic mix that has a lot of flavor.

VB

Thanks DK, I buy this every week at the grocery.

I didn't have any in the recall. (Got up and checked to make sure!)

I don't even buy these any more because every time I turn around it is being recalled. I have been craving a big salad lately so I guess I need to do it the old fashioned way and buy a few heads of various lettuces. And pray over my food.

I'm lazy so I often get this type of salad greens. I also get the battered chicken filets and put them in the salad. That is a meal for me.

Even though the recall was not in Louisiana, I went ahead and threw away my last bag. I do not believe in taking any chances.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcerPacer
Back