Family Sets Up Website for Kyron - BringKyronHome.org /All Fundraising Information

MsFacetious

What a Kerfuffle...
Reaction score
http://www.bringkyronhome.org/

I don't think I agree with this one part....I am quite sure this did NOT come from LE and I can't really see the family suggesting it either as it could easily endanger Kyron. But I guess it probably came from them, I would think anything would be cleared through them first.

"3. Look for Kyron - Keep your eyes and ears open whenever you're out; watch for children who look like Kyron, and remember that his appearance may have been altered, i.e., no longer wearing glasses or wearing a different type of frame, hair may have been dyed a different color or cut to a different style, etc. If you suspect a child might be Kyron, call him "Kyron" and look for a reaction from the child and the adult(s) he is with."

I turned around and drove back by a child a few days ago, just to be sure. It wasn't him, I was 100% sure. But if I had doubt, I would not have said his name....I would have called 911. If you call the kid Kyron and the people with him react...they could easily just take off before LE gets there. There is always the chance they will leave him and run, but I wouldn't be willing to risk it.

I think that is bad advice.... but what do I know, I might be missing something. :waitasec:

on Kyron's bio page there is no mention of any medical conditions he may have (allergic to bees, almost blind w/out glasses) imo this sadly speaks volumes.

That advice to call his name stood out for me as well. I would call 911. There would be no telling what type of a lunatic you would be dealing with.

That advice to call his name stood out for me as well. I would call 911. There would be no telling what type of a lunatic you would be dealing with.

Along the calling out his name vein (not that he wouldn't be freaked out already) but if he didn't have his glasses or didn't know you or whatever wouldn't that scare/freak the ummm, bejeebies, out of the poor kid!:angel: IMO, that might make things worse (ie kidnapper you know versus one you don't).

Although, maybe if they followed up call out his name with 'and if he responds please call 911..) That would kind of make sense to me.

Well, maybe I'm crazy, but if other people were around, I would call out his name, and if I got a reaction, would deal with whatever at that point. OTOH, if I was totally alone in an area where NO ONE else was, I would be calling 911 first, and trying to follow surreptitiously.

Well, maybe I'm crazy, but if other people were around, I would call out his name, and if I got a reaction, would deal with whatever at that point. OTOH, if I was totally alone in an area where NO ONE else was, I would be calling 911 first, and trying to follow surreptitiously.

I just have to say ... you get bonus points for using the word 'surreptitiously.'

My husband and I got braclets from the site when it first went up. We won't be taking it off until he is found. <3

It just seems like such bad advice, and dangerous. Who is actually suggesting this? I hope they rethink that suggestion.

It just seems like such bad advice, and dangerous. Who is actually suggesting this? I hope they rethink that suggestion.

I have been thinking...it might have been in response to sightings where people have actually tried to nab him. (IE, know who you are 'getting' first)

I agree-call the cops!

People have actually tried to grab children who rememble Kyron? That is crazy and dangerous. It would traumatize the child and could lead to violence and charges being filed on the nabber. It would depend on how close a person is to a child when calling out " Kyron". If very close, of course there might be a reaction just to see who is standing around calling out some name into the air, but if farther away it could be a good way to see, but not fool proof.

In addition to tipping off the abductor before LE could even be called...I would also be concerned that he would have been trained to not answer to his name at all. (Elizabeth Smart did not.) Him not responding may cause someone to not report it. When, maybe he would simply be concerned about the ramifications if he did respond, even just by looking up.

If his name was David, or John, or Benjamin.... that'd be different. But it's Kyron. There is not a reasonable chance you are talking to another person in that store/building because it's such an uncommon name. If it IS him you are going to tip off the "abductor." They aren't going to risk that tiny chance that someone else has that name, they are going to assume you are talking to him and react accordingly.

If it was a more common name I would feel a bit differently. I might have my brother or myself go over near the person and then have the other one of us, say the child's name...with my brother or myself (depending on gender of the child) looking up as if that is our own name. But Kyron...is just too uncommon of a name. I would be too afraid to risk it.

Then again...I know Kyron's features better than my own brother's. I would not need to say his name. I have seen 100 or more little boys with glasses since Kyron went missing. Only 1 time have I even looked twice. If I wasn't so confident I could recognize him, I might feel differently?

I just hope that if he is out there and he does get taken out in public...that it is the right person, at the right time that sees him...and does the right thing. That's all.

good catch - why advise to call Kyron's name & send out such a signal to the adult with Kyron without at least having taken a picture of potential Kyron and adult & the vehicle first?

surely LE reviewed their website. no?

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/

I don't think I agree with this one part....I am quite sure this did NOT come from LE and I can't really see the family suggesting it either as it could easily endanger Kyron. But I guess it probably came from them, I would think anything would be cleared through them first.

"3. Look for Kyron - Keep your eyes and ears open whenever you're out; watch for children who look like Kyron, and remember that his appearance may have been altered, i.e., no longer wearing glasses or wearing a different type of frame, hair may have been dyed a different color or cut to a different style, etc. If you suspect a child might be Kyron, call him "Kyron" and look for a reaction from the child and the adult(s) he is with."

I turned around and drove back by a child a few days ago, just to be sure. It wasn't him, I was 100% sure. But if I had doubt, I would not have said his name....I would have called 911. If you call the kid Kyron and the people with him react...they could easily just take off before LE gets there. There is always the chance they will leave him and run, but I wouldn't be willing to risk it.

I think that is bad advice.... but what do I know, I might be missing something. :waitasec:
VERY bad advice, IMO.

I really feel for people with kids who resemble Kyron. There are a lot of kooks out there, ya know.

These parents just can never win can they? These people are desperate to find their child, if calling the childs name provokes a reaction, then thats what needs to be done,whether anyone deems it safe or not. Instead of being appalled, I am just sad, because statistically speaking and the sketchy behavior of his step mom, basically indicates this child isnt alive anymore, so I dont think theres going to be that miracle sighting and the yelling of his name and his recognition.

These parents just can never win can they? These people are desperate to find their child, if calling the childs name provokes a reaction, then thats what needs to be done,whether anyone deems it safe or not. Instead of being appalled, I am just sad, because statistically speaking and the sketchy behavior of his step mom, basically indicates this child isnt alive anymore, so I dont think theres going to be that miracle sighting and the yelling of his name and his recognition.

bbm

?????

I agree with Ruby. You'd have no idea what that person would do, to the child OR you.

The last thing I'd want to do is provoke a person who would kidnap a child.

Also think of this...
If you were *already* sensitive to the fact that your child looks like Kyron you probably would react if someone shouted his name out...

Volumes about what?

I take it to mean that it implies Kyron is not alive, i.e. one doesn't have to know about allergies, glasses, etc. because it's not a matter of safety, life or death now.

The family is requesting donations for searches for Kyron. Besides what LE does when they have a significant tip, have there been other search efforts taking place that haven't been publicized? Just curious.

Bette, Thanks for asking that, I was wondering too but I was a skeered to touch it for fear just asking the question would be taken wrong, lol.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back