TN TN - Morterrius Settles, 27, Memphis, 11 Aug 2010 - Kidnapped?

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/local/081410-foul-play-suspected-with-missing-man

Foul Play Suspected With Missing Man
Updated: Sunday, 15 Aug 2010, 9:56 AM CDT
Jill Monier

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - Memphis Police are looking for a missing man who could be in danger. Some family members fear the worst.

Police have listed the man as kidnapped and endangered. The Missing Persons Bureau is working to tie together leads that have come in. The family spent Saturday putting up flyers in hopes of finding him soon.

27-year old Morterrius Settles has been missing since Wednesday. Police say he may be a victim of foul play.

missing_081410_20100815095636_320_240.JPG

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-family-search-story,0,477294.story

Police reports say Monterrius Settles possibly kidnapped
Stephanie Scurlock
1:32 PM CDT, August 15, 2010

FAST FACTS:
Family launches search for missing 27 year old man
MPD lists Monterrius Settles says possibly kidnapped
Apartment tenants saw Settle leave with angry man
(Memphis 08/15/2010) - A family desperate for answers sets out on a manhunt in search of a missing relative. The family filed a report with the missing person's bureau but it hasn't helped. This Sunday, they launched a search of their own throughout the streets of North Memphis.

The family of Monterrius Settles can no longer sit still and wait. They braved the sweltering heat in search of their 27 year old missing relative

http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/new...Southeast-Memphis/RiEbhKOKb0S_bslV8W6HUQ.cspx

Reported by: Kevin Holmes
Email: kholmes@myeyewitnessnews.com
Last Update: 9:20 am

<snipped>

Beatrice Banks is also in search of closure. Her brother, Morterrius Settles was last seen August 11, 2010 at the Tunica Apartments in North Memphis. Investigators say he is likely the victim of a crime. “Even if his body were to turn up that would allow us to give some closure, because we would then know he’s at rest,” Banks said.

Email sent to Memphis Police Department. Will post if I hear anything back.

--- On Mon, 1/2/12, Cindy.Capps@memphistn.gov <Cindy.Capps@memphistn.gov> wrote:

From: Cindy.Capps@memphistn.gov <Cindy.Capps@memphistn.gov>
Subject: FW: TN - Morterrius Settles - 27 years old - Memphis - 11 Aug 2010 - Kidnapped?
To: <redacted>
Date: Monday, January 2, 2012, 12:22 PM

Dear XXXX XXXX,

I am the lieutenant in the MPD Missing Persons Bureau. No, unfortunately, Mr. Settles has never been located. I speak with his mother on a weekly basis. We hope and pray always that he will be located so that this family can have some closure. If you have any further questions, please call me or email me. My numbers are listed below.

Thank you,

Lt. Cindy L. Capps
Memphis Police Department
Missing Persons Bureau
(901) 636-4444 desk
(901) 636-4479 office
(901) 636-3979 fax

Morterrius Dantonio Settles – The Charley Project

Morterrius Dantonio Settles

settles_morterrius.jpg
settles_morterrius2.jpg
settles_morterrius3.jpg

Missing Since 08/11/2010
Missing From Memphis, Tennessee
Classification Endangered Missing
Sex Male
Race Black
Age 27 years old
Height and Weight 6'3, 190 pounds
Clothing/Jewelry Description A white t-shirt and blue jeans.
Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Settles had a light mustache and goatee at the time of his disappearance, and his hair was in braids. He has tattoos on his neck and both arms. His nickname are Boney and Boney-Head.

Details of Disappearance
Settles was last seen at Aureen Manor Apartments at Chelsea and Tunica Streets in Memphis, Tennessee on August 11, 2010. He called his girlfriend, sounding upset, saying he needed her key to get into their house so he could get some people their money.

According to a neighbor, a man named "Bookie" picked up Settles. He had a gun and seemed angry. After Settles got into the car, a burgundy Toyota Camry with the Tennessee license plate number 338-YKW, they drove off quickly. He has never been heard from again.

After Settles's disappearance, his family received tips that he'd been murdered and his body fed to hogs. He disappeared on the day his girlfriend was giving birth to his third daughter, and his family says it's uncharacteristic of him not to contact his children. Foul play is suspected in his case, which remains unsolved.

His NamUs page The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back