LA LA - Janet Landry Brice, 21, Baton Rouge, Aug 1982

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 1371DFLA

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1371dfla.html

Janet Landry Brice
Missing since August 14/15, 1982 from Baton Rouge, East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana.
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: July 8, 1961
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 21 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7"; 110 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
•Marks, Scars, Tattoos: Tattoo on unknown hand of a flower in the webbing. Scar on unknown knee, Bump in the center of her forehead, lump on chin.
•Clothing: White t-shirt with gray sleeves and black stripes, with 'Alaska' on front.
•Dentals: Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Brice was at a Baton Rouge lounge with friends the evening of August 15, 1982, when she spotted a familiar face in the crowd. She introduced the man to her friends as an old school chum and offered him a ride home.
Brice dropped off another friend first and then headed in the direction of Cedarcrest to take her old schoolmate home. She never returned to her apartment.

Brice's Ford Galaxy 500 was found near Belaire High School a few weeks later. The keys had been left in the car and different people in the neighborhood had been driving it.
Brice had worked as a barmaid and was married. Her husband was working offshore when she disappeared. Authorities were never able to track down the identity of the old school friend. Foul Play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Department
225-389-5073

Agency Case Number:
82-1228

NCIC Number:
M-094735158
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1581/232
NamUs Profile:
Dental: Unavailable
DNA: Initial inquiry underway
Fingerprints: Not available

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/brice_janet.html

http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=1860406500148

Janet has been missing 28 years today. Come home soon.

Attachments

• brice_janet.jpg
    brice_janet.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 30
  • brice_janet2.jpg
    brice_janet2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 33
:bump: for fresh eyes to take a look at Janet's case

The Doe Network:
Case File 1371DFLA

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1371dfla.html

Janet Landry Brice
Missing since August 14/15, 1982 from Baton Rouge, East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: July 8, 1961
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 21 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7"; 110 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
•Marks, Scars, Tattoos: Tattoo on unknown hand of a flower in the webbing. Scar on unknown knee, Bump in the center of her forehead, lump on chin.
•Clothing: White t-shirt with gray sleeves and black stripes, with 'Alaska' on front.
•Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Brice was at a Baton Rouge lounge with friends the evening of August 15, 1982, when she spotted a familiar face in the crowd. She introduced the man to her friends as an old school chum and offered him a ride home.
Brice dropped off another friend first and then headed in the direction of Cedarcrest to take her old schoolmate home. She never returned to her apartment.

Brice's Ford Galaxy 500 was found near Belaire High School a few weeks later. The keys had been left in the car and different people in the neighborhood had been driving it.
Brice had worked as a barmaid and was married. Her husband was working offshore when she disappeared. Authorities were never able to track down the identity of the old school friend. Foul Play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Department
225-389-5073

Agency Case Number:
82-1228

NCIC Number:
M-094735158
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1581/232
NamUs Profile:
Dental: Unavailable
DNA: Initial inquiry underway
Fingerprints: Not available

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/brice_janet.html

http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=1860406500148

Janet has been missing 28 years today. Come home soon.

Were the friends Janet was with that night shown yearbooks from Janet's high school? It's possible the old friend was from middle or elementary school too. But I'm thinking probably high school. What name did she introduce the old friend as?

Were the friends Janet was with that night shown yearbooks from Janet's high school? It's possible the old friend was from middle or elementary school too. But I'm thinking probably high school. What name did she introduce the old friend as?

Hi, I'm Jan's big sister, and yes, they were all shown yearbooks going back to elementary school. She was part of a large group of friends that had known each other for years, going through elementary, middle and high school together. They said she referred to him as "Randy" and he was not identified in any of the yearbooks. Law enforcement said "it was if he never existed."

Totally agree Ktgirl ... :bump:

Somewhat curious on the name of the lounge she was last seen, and were the schools she attended locally in BR or somewhere else.

Jan was last seen at the "Rack" lounge on Airline Hwy, and all the schools she attended were located in BR: Park Forest and Belaire High School.

Thanks for posting this newspaper article!
I had not seen it before and didn't know the Sheriff's department was checking into a possible connection to Henry Lee Lucas. I'm assuming nothing turned up as we were never contacted by law enforcement.
Do you happen to know the date it was printed?

Thanks!

Hello Sunnybrook, I believe at the time LE was trying to connect many open cases to Lucas. Lucas frequented BR to Slidell more that I ever realized.

I will check on the date for you, June 24th 1983, I saved the pics in a dare format hover over the article you will see the date.

Thank you for coming here, I did not find a lot of information on your sister.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If there is any further information you can provide here even additional photos it would be greatly appreciated.

Was Janet's car ever located?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was just going to ask if her car was ever located. Great minds, folieadeuxnola!

Sunnybrook, on her NamUs link, MP#1581, it says under DNA the initial inquiry is underway. Did any of the family get notice, they need DNA from family members? If not, it'd sure be helpful, as NamUs, has solved a lot of missing persons cases through DNA.

Yes, the car was located about 6 weeks later, in the parking lot of a large apartment complex. The keys were left in the car and a neighbor said it appeared to have been abandoned for about a month. and then someone started driving it. The police towed the car and found nothing of evidentiary value. Her case went cold and has remained that way ever since. Thank you!

Sunnybrook, on her NamUs link, MP#1581, it says under DNA the initial inquiry is underway. Did any of the family get notice, they need DNA from family members? If not, it'd sure be helpful, as NamUs, has solved a lot of missing person
cases through DNA.

I believe my father may have received a notice, but I know he didn't follow through and has since passed away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back