Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 1428DMKS

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1428dmks.html

Anthony Sinisgalli
Missing since August 17, 1987 from Salina, Kansas
Classification: Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 37 years old
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Black hair; brown eyes.
•Marks, Scars: A heart-shaped tattoo on his right forearm.
•AKA: Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Anthony Sinisgalli was last seen by his family at Jerry Ivey Park in south Salina, KS on August 17th, 1987.
His wife saw him driving east on his way home from work at Beech Aircraft Corp. in Wichita. She followed him to the park, where he stopped near the rest rooms. Tony was surprised to see her and told her he was not feeling well. He would not let her drive him home, so she left him to get her brother's help. When she returned to the park, the car was still parked by the rest rooms, the car was locked up, everything of his was in it, lunch box and everything was still there but her husband was gone.
He didn't show up for work the next day. His wife reported him missing on May 19.
Nothing has ever showed up on the use of his social security number, and he has not contacted anyone in his family to let them know he was alive. Police flagged his credit card and checking accounts but nothing came of that.

Tony was devoted to both his children, and the disappearance was uncharacteristic. Tony Sinisgalli had been living in Salina for about nine years.
Tony is originally from New York. His parents emigrated from Italy and settled on Thompson Street in Greenwich Village before moving to Astoria.

Sinisgalli had a drinking problem, and on the day he disappeared he had drunk a pint of vodka. His family fears he may have ended up homeless and alcoholic. Possibly in New York. At the time his family distributed fliers in New York and Florida, where his sister was living, and a trucker passed out fliers in other states.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Salina Police Department
785 826-7210

Source Information:
KWCH
The Hutchinson News

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sinisgalli_anthony.html

I could find only one archived article and was unable to access it. I found this website that has the article copy and pasted for viewing. Link to single post below:
Cold Case Investigations - View Single Post - Anthony Sinisgalli, Missing, 1987, Kansas

I don't find Anthony listed in NamUs at this time.

Attachments

• ASinisgalli.jpg
    ASinisgalli.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 42
  • ASinisgalli2.jpg
    ASinisgalli2.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 44
  • ASinisgalli3.jpg
    ASinisgalli3.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 42
  • ASinisgalli4.jpg
    ASinisgalli4.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 45
Hmmm, maybe I wil check for UIDs in that area but would assume police have already done that. It sounds like he may have wondered away and fallen or gotten lost and perished. I'm not familiar with the park or the state, I wonder if it is pretty big...

Hmmm, maybe I wil check for UIDs in that area but would assume police have already done that. It sounds like he may have wondered away and fallen or gotten lost and perished. I'm not familiar with the park or the state, I wonder if it is pretty big...

I'm not familiar with KS or the park, but I looked it up and according to the Salina city website http://www.salina-ks.gov/filestorage/126/168/950/211/JERRY_IVEY_PARK.pdf
The park is 23.8 acres and adjacent to Salina High School South at Magnolia Road and Ohio Street.

Does anyone else think that Anthony could be this man? http://doenetwork.org/cases/2286umks.html

NamUs shows DNA as available for both and tests complete - so unless the comparisons were for different types of DNA, it's likely NamUs would have triggered some sort of match? Not 100% sure on this, but the good news is that DNA is available for both in case they haven't been compared.

There's a photographer that has/had an exhibit showcasing striking portraits he did of the local homeless population in San Francisco. This particular subject reminded me of this case and how Tony Sinisgalli's family is worried he became homeless and has distributed flyers all over the U.S. in an effort to find him: https://www.flickr.com/photos/stoneth/56811844/in/album-1562065/.

Bump

1679942431512.jpeg1679942449436.jpeg

Tony was last seen by his wife at Jerry Ivey Park in south Salina, KS on 08/17/1987. His wife saw him driving east on his way home from work at Beech Aircraft Corp in Wichita. She followed him to the park where he parked near the restrooms. Tony was surprised to see her and told her he was not feeling well. He would not let her drive him home, so she left him to get her brother's help. When she returned to the park, the car was still parked by the restrooms. The vehicle was locked and Tony's possessions were still inside. Tony didn't show up for work the next day. His wife reported him missing on 05/19/1987. He has not contacted anyone in his family to let them know he is alive. Tony was devoted to both his children and the disappearance was uncharacteristic. He had been living in Salina for about nine years. Tony is originally from New York. His parents emigrated from Italy and settled on Thompson Street in Greenwich Village before moving to Astoria.

The earliest article at bottom of post indicates there was a couple of days+ delay in reporting his disappearance. The same article provides info on what his wife said he was last wearing as well as info concerning his upper front teeth being chipped.

The Salina Journal, 14 Jun 90, pg 3
1680035637911.png
The Salina Journal, 2 Sep 88, pg 3
1680035724929.png
The Salina, 24 Aug 87, pg 3
1680036228752.png

Attachments

• 1680035872066.png
    1680035872066.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 1

Members online

Online statistics