GA GA - Lydia McDuffie, 33, Atlanta, 18 Aug 1991

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 559DFGA

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/559dfga.html

Lydia Michelle McDuffie
Missing since August 18, 1991 from Atlanta, Fulton County, Georgia.
Classification: Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: July 4, 1958
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 33 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8"; 160 pounds
•Distinguishing Characteristics: Black female. Black hair; brown eyes.
•Marks, Scars: She has a burn scar on her right arm.
•Clothing: Lydia was wearing a burgundy uniform dress trimmed in pink. She had with her a white top and jeans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Lydia McDuffie was last seen on August 18, 1991, near her Techwood home in Atlanta, Georgia, talking to a friend.
She disappeared after leaving her two small children with her mother while she worked. Her mother reported her missing August 20 after she failed to come back for her children, and failed to show up at her job at the Comfort Inn on North Avenue.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Atlanta Police Missing Persons
404-853-4235
Email

NCIC Number: M-512116095
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Atlanta Police

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mcduffie_lydia.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/661/0/
NamUs Profile:
Dental: NA
DNA: NA
Fingerprints: NA

(Who enters the missing persons into the NamUs database? There isn't even a picture attached to Lydia's profile and no detective named as a POC, IMHO it should be restricted to qualified personel).

No google archives can be found for Lydia.

Lydia has been missing 19 years today. Her children deserve to know what happened to their Mom. Come home soon.

Attachments

• LMcDuffie.jpg
    LMcDuffie.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 18
How tragic that there is so little information available on this woman, her missing persons case.
I want to know if the friend she was talking to before she left for work was male or female? Who last saw her? Why did it take 2 days to report her missing? Did she have any substance problems? Did she have an angry ex? What was the crime profile (if any) of the hotel where she worked? Were there any known felons who stayed at that hotel at the time of her disappearance?

Has ANYONE looked in to any of these basic questions? Why on earth wasn't there any DNA or dental records? They could have gotten DNA from her tooth or hairbrush.
I'm sincerely baffled at the lack of info. Where are her remaining family and are they still pursuing this?

Amateur opinion and speculation

How tragic that there is so little information available on this woman, her missing persons case.
I want to know if the friend she was talking to before she left for work was male or female? Who last saw her? Why did it take 2 days to report her missing? Did she have any substance problems? Did she have an angry ex? What was the crime profile (if any) of the hotel where she worked? Were there any known felons who stayed at that hotel at the time of her disappearance?

Has ANYONE looked in to any of these basic questions? Why on earth wasn't there any DNA or dental records? They could have gotten DNA from her tooth or hairbrush.
I'm sincerely baffled at the lack of info. Where are her remaining family and are they still pursuing this?

Amateur opinion and speculation
I think the same as you but I think it takes them 2 days to report not because they want to but because as they are adults the police investigate after 48 hours because either he could appear or he simply escaped but I don't think that is the case... but the mind of people is something so private... you never know what another person is thinking...
Her children are the ones who have suffered the most without her all these years...
either way
rest in peace

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member