My doubts about the case

twizzler333

Inactive
Reaction score
I watched the Lou Smit documentary on Court TV last night, and while he brought up some interesting questions as to what may be evidence and what may not be, I had to sit and look at the whole idea that the BPD seemed, to me, to be one sided. I guess my problem with it all is, that if indeed they had all this evidence they claim they have pointing towards the Ramsey's guilt, and then someone they called in to help investigate presented possibilities of some other scenarios, etc., why in the world did they just blow off all of his findings, essentially fired him from the case, asked that the grand jury NOT be allowed to hear any of his evidence and also wanted it permanently deleted from record? To me that is just wrong. I don't care who the case is about, that should NEVER be an option to dismiss any potential evidence or theories. What if they were allowed to dismiss the evidence pointing to SP in the Laci case? While I think the evidence that his lawyer is trying to bring in sometimes is far fetched, it still should be presented if it is indeed a fact or a possibilty, regardless of how someone feels about it. I like to think the jury will see through the BS, and they usually do.

I think the BPD has forgot that this is a case about getting justice for precious little JonBenet, NOT a who's right/who's wrong case. If they are right, they are right, if they are NOT right, then so be it and accept it! Deal with it! We all make mistakes everyday and sometimes we have to swallow our pride and just get over it!

I feel like if the BPD had enough evidence as so many seem to think they have, then they certainly would have indicted the Ramey's. They did not do that, so that alone should tell you something. It may come out one day that they really did this, but for now they have to investigate all avenues available and pursue the justice for JonBenet.

We cannot overlook these other things- I hear all the time people making fun of Lou going through the basement window, etc. He said last night that someone either went through the window or attempted to. He did not say they definitely went through the window. There was evidence there from the BPD photos, and I saw it with my own two eyes, where foliage was present underneath the iron cover going down to the window, there was disturbance of the dust on the window seal, etc. And these were photos that the BPD took. It doesn't mean someone went in that window, but someone did get in that area at some point.

The sloppy investigation should also tell you something. C'mon, if any of these other high profile crimes were investigated so sloppily, all these people who apparently are supportive of the RDI theory and the BPD, would have a fit! I don't get it.

I read these posts on here and no matter what other "evidence" may be presented here, someone always discloses it. I would hope that if this happened to my child, (while I know I would have to be investigated) I certainly would want the police to do a thorough job and all the evidence be presented, not just the evidence that suits the prosecutor or police departments thoughts, especially if it were sloppily investigated to begin with and THEY KNOW IT. That is just disturbing to me to think that someone can just take justice into their own hands and because they have a certain opinion about it or have so much pride, or think they're position in the investigation is superior and without fault, turn someone's life upside down without looking at all the facts and without taking into consideration they may have failed from the get go on the investigation and admitting it.

Pride! puh! phooey on that! Get the truth out there NO MATTER what it is! They could have solved this crime already, they look like bigger idiots now than if they had just said they messed up and needed to redo the investigation completely!

And as for this forum (and I may be banned for my opinion here) It seems like anyone who presents some other idea other than the one of the RDI, the thread is just closed. It doesn't matter if it is a ridiculous theory to some, it may well prove to have some merit and it may not. Why is it fair to close it? If people don't like that particular thread, then they can choose NOT to read it. I certainly do that myself when I get into a thread that has a lynch mob mentality to it. Of all the threads on this Websleuths forum, the JonBenet threads are the most unfair. If I am banned for my opinion here then adios! I think there are a few posters on here with quite a few screws loose! Sorry, but that is my opinion. Have a nice day. :)

This thread starter should be a lesson to all that want to learn about the case. It is naive and uneducated.

First, the police don't indict, the D.A. does.

Second, the major screw-up by police was done by Arndt.

Third, Lou Smit was brought in by the D.A.

Fourth, IMO, the use of the Grand Jury was a shell game by the D.A.

The real investigating team (ST et. al.) by any standards outside Boulder operated by the book, the old time book; good cop, bad cop routine, percentages, history and knowledge of criminal behavior on the street level etc. etc. In short, they operated by the commonly known procedures that are found in any American big city.

The major screw-ups were done by Arndt, Koby and Hunter.

Now listen carefully. Those people are products of the strange philosophical culture of Boulder Colorado which is based on an over-idealized, fantasy driven assimilation of Eastern religions coupled with the hang-over from the sixties hippie counter-culture that settled in Boulder.

Those people listed screwed up, just like others in Boulder are still screwing up, because the Boulder Culture prefers fantasy to reality.

The real old time cops were insulated, blocked and under-cut by a mindset driven to protect itself from The Truth.

Hunter's use of the addlepated Smit was classic misdirection, a slight-of-hand shell game.

The Ramseys are guilty, the real cops knew it, they had their target and the Boulder Culture snuffed it all.

What COURTV won't admit is that they broadcast the LOU SMIT dog and pony show as part of the Lawsuit settlement brought by the Ramseys.

PERIOD.

Sigh. Keep in mind that Lou Smit was given free reign here to put forth his silly and dishonest "theory" on the Ramsey case. The Boulder Police Dept. who know ALL the evidence and HAVE looked at it objectively would never - as much as I am sure they would love to - have a debate about the case in public. That is totally unprofessional and good law enforcement officials don't do it knowing that it would jeopardize the case should it ever go to trial.

i have so much more to say about this but it will have to wait. My child calls....

~Angel~

On this occasion, I agree with BrotherMoon. I think all the posts are good replies to your questions, Twizzler. We do not have all the evidence and have not been privy to it like the BPD. I am sure there are many things that have been protected--even Schiller admitted that he did not include many things in his book. Have you read Steve Thomas' book? You may not believe his theory (neither do I) but it is good reading to get the big picture of the BPD vs. DA and how the case itself got bogged down in politics. I have a friend, whose best friend served on the GJ. I have posted this several times but the friend on the GJ said the case was "sickeningly political". Now what she exactly meant by that I don't know because she didn't (couldn't) discuss the proceedings with my friend. Just to say what she did makes me realize that at least Thomas was apparently on target with his viewpoint of the political machine that ruled (rules?) in Boulder. BrotherMoon lives near Boulder, and I think he has a good handle on the new age atmosphere there.

I personally think there were many blunders made in this case but I do think it could be solved IF there weren't so many politics involved. I am neither RDI or IDI. I am one of those weenies who can't make up my mind. Perhaps I'm a politician myself.

I don't know what you mean about closing a thread. Do you mean that Tricia is locking it, or posters are simply not posting to it? I do think that WS has a definite RDI flavor, but I enjoy reading all viewpoints and for the most part, I feel comfortable posting what I think at any given time. I hope that you will stay around even if myself or others don't agree with you.

Do you personally know any of the Ramseys, or their friends?

IMO

I believe Twizzler is right, sure a few little errors in the workings of LE in the case, the overall opinion is valid. The police department had egos at work, they failed the child and the investigation by not accepting the possibility that they were wrong in their first "gut feelings and impressions" ,and YEP a lot of what they were basing their opinions on was wrong information, starting with forgetting there were windows and at least one door unlocked, then misrepresenting the cleared walks with the spin of "no prints in the snow".
Red fibers consistent with Patsy's tricolored jacket?? but no consideration that EVERYONE wears red at Christmas, even SANTA! and on.......and on

There is male dna in this case, it will be solved !

We haven't heard a peep from Smit since he hooked up with Keenan's new investigation. Seriously, what does Smit think now? Why isn't he talking? Something has changed. He done a turnabout in speaking with the media. Has he done a turn about in his opinion? Files and information were added between the time he resigned from Hunter's office and hooked up with Keenan.

Keenean does not exclude the Ramseys. Does Smit exclude the Ramseys today?

Every word he said to exhonerate the Ramseys predates the renewed investigation. The silence is deafening.

I heard somewhere that he was not allowed to speak further on the case to the public. I think he is under some sort of gag order or something like that.

And to answer the questions above-

No, I am not in anyway related to or do I know the Ramsey's. I actually use to think they were involved because I only listened to the media coverage of the case. I had not even thought about this case at all for several years, and one night had a horrific dream and it was as if I were seeing the crime through JonBenet's eyes and I woke up in a sweat terrified. The dream bothered me so bad, I decided to check on the net and see what was going on with this case. Upon doing my net "investigation", albeit a little one, I just feel like something is not right and they are going in the wrong direction accusing the parents. I admit I am very "uneducated" on this case, but I also had no idea of the evidence the BPD presented, nor the Lou Smit stuff and now that I have seen both, I tend to think the BPD are way off.

Unfortunately, it is all screwed up by political crap and that is a real shame. Someone will actually get a clue one day and this will be solved and I think we will all be totally shocked by who really did this. It ain't over yet, by any means.

twizzler333 said:
Unfortunately, it is all screwed up by political crap and that is a real shame. Someone will actually get a clue one day and this will be solved and I think we will all be totally shocked by who really did this. It ain't over yet, by any means.

Maybe Smit had to become more involved in personal matters, with the grave illness and death of his wife.

I hope you are right, Twizzler. Who do you think is responsible for the murder of JB? Any theories?

That grand juror was RIGHT. The reason no one was ever indicted in this case has everything to do with politics in Boulder - and nothing to do with justice for a little girl. It has to do with power, connections, money and egos.

Were JonBenet some poor little girl who was found dead in the basement in her home with her mothers clothing fibers all over her and her mother's evidence in the fake 'ransom' note left on the stairs (not only handwriting evidence but more importantly linguistics and style - exclamation point useage, acronym useage, etc.) you never would have heard her name in the press. But she was rich and blonde and pretty and her father had very important connections. Bottom line: All evidence points right back to HOME.
Respected FBI profilers asked by Ramseys early on to join their team said NO.
And they continue to say no. They all agreed (except the ego-hungry Douglas) that the evidence - even just the basic facts - point right back to a familial homicide and they wanted nothing to do with helping parents continue to cover it up.

One day we will know much, much more about this case. Some nosy investigative reporter is going to get a confidant in this case and people are going to start talking. After careers have wound down and the case seems to have been left in the dust for good - we'll hear what REALLY went on with John and Patsy Ramsey and the murder of her daughter.
I believe it is a tangled web of a good ole' boy system at it's worst.
And behind it all is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Any talk of a "new investigation" is nothing more than a scam. Don't believe it for a minute.

~Angel~

Smit's evidence is delusional.

The touted open window, which is fake - the fact that the door was closed with a chair behind it - and a shard of glass on the suitcase is nonsensical.

That was no way out for an intruder - stepping on the suitcase to get out the window, leaving the shard of glass: NOT WITH A CHAIR BLOCKING THE DOOR CLOSED.

Smit explains the pineapple as - JonBenet eating pineapple from a tupperware in her bedroom. The pineapple is downstairs on the counter and he has her waking up and eating it from a tupperware (which was never tested) in her bedroom.

Smit has her being knocked unconscious with a stun gun - I don't think so. Even IF IF IF (thankss Camper for that expression) there was a stun gun - it doesn't knock someone out unconsious.

Anyway - Smit's theory can't be backed up with any hard evidence.

Smit ignores the hard evidence in the development of his theory - he was dupped by the "cover-up."

I am new to this site. I know this case inside out. I have spoken to Steve Thomas online, and he couldn't win a game of Clue. There is absolutely not one shred of evidence to indicate that these people had the slightest thing to do with the death of their daughter. She has foreign DNA between her legs. I am surprised that people are still discussing this, and I would be happy to respond to any question any of you might have.

kimba said:
I am new to this site. I know this case inside out. I have spoken to Steve Thomas online, and he couldn't win a game of Clue. There is absolutely not one shred of evidence to indicate that these people had the slightest thing to do with the death of their daughter. She has foreign DNA between her legs. I am surprised that people are still discussing this, and I would be happy to respond to any question any of you might have.

What is the airspeed of an unladen African swallow??????

Where did the pristine bullet come from??????

Where is Hoffa's body?????

What does defute mean?????????

What is the sound of one hand clapping????????

Does Blazeboy really have a twin or is she schizo???????????

What is the combination of that lock I have had in my garage for the last 12 years?????

How long is my wife's G*d d*mn cat going to live???????????

That about covers it for me and probably all the posters on this forum as well.

Waiting........................breathlessly................

BrotherMoon said:

Where did the pristine bullet come from??????

Where is Hoffa's body?????

What does defute mean?????????

What is the sound of one hand clapping????????

Does Blazeboy really have a twin or is she schizo???????????

What is the combination of that lock I have had in my garage for the last 12 years?????

How long is my wife's G*d d*mn cat going to live???????????

That about covers it for me and probably all the posters on this forum as well.

Waiting........................breathlessly................

:slap: BrotherMoon, you are high maintenance.

kimba said:

First, welcome to the site

Second, I'd be curious, since you know this case inside out, where, if anyplace, you posted prior to coming here.

Knowing the case inside out is not humanly possible BTW. There is nobody, except for the LE authorities, and the Ramsey lawyers (and we can't be positive who really knows, if anyone, EVERYTHING about the case) who know this case inside out, so I am a little surprised at your claim.

Thomas wasn't hired to play Clue. He was hired to investigate a murder, which he in fact, did. His opinion is that the Ramseys are hiding quite a bit of information, based on knowing the details of this case much more than ANY of us. You must remember that Steve Thomas put forth a THEORY about this case, like Smit and so many others have done. Nobody has been proven right and nobody has been proven wrong.

What we DO know, based on the FACT that NOBODY has disputed the claims, is that the corruption and the internal fighting that carried on UNinterrupted was the major obstacle in solving this case. The Ramseys were screaming that the FBI should have handled the case, but when the offer came in to clear themselves (like they said they WANTED to) it was refused by all LE involved and then the Ramseys, suddenly didn't TRUST the FBI.

What also surprises me is your statement that there was DNA "between her legs". I am assuming that you are referring to the DNA found on her panties and the DNA found under her fingernails. So, I must also assume that you are aware that there is no credible document that states the DNA is from the same source, nor is their credible documentation to show that it is from a "white male". Lin Wood has stated that it is saliva based DNA. We also don't know if that is true or not, as there is no credible facts regarding the DNA other than thus far, it hasn't "matched" anyone!

The fact that you state there is not a single "shred of evidence" that leads to the Ramseys tells me, imo, that you are obviously biased and that you in fact, do not know everything about this case, just like the rest of us.

Those of us who know a great deal about the case can understand, if not agree, with both "sides of the fence" if you will. We see what leads to the Ramseys and we see what claims have been made leading to an intruder. Then we base our opinion on what we feel is the stronger of the evidence. In my case, I believe there was no intruder, but this is based on everything available to us, the public.

It is a far reach for me to accept as credible any opinion that states there is not "a single shred of evidence" leading to one or the other.

That is why we are still here discussing this.

More curiousity: You seem a little surprised that this is still being discussed, so I must ask why you are here as well, discussing the case when your mind is clearly made up?

Also, I have been asking but nobody seems to know, so I'll try asking you: What is the current relationship betweent the Ramseys and the Stines? Are the Stines still living in Atlanta? Are they still friends? Are they planning a move to Michigan?

Welcome again to the site.

I think Kimba has indeed posted elsewhere under a different hat but thats just moo..........care to 'defute' that Kimba? :)

messiecake said:
I think Kimba has indeed posted elsewhere under a different hat but thats just moo..........care to 'defute' that Kimba? :)

Nope, just me, Kimba. Yes, of course have posted, given the age of this subject it would be irrational to think I just had sudden interest. Easy to find.

The idea that a tiny swallow could even be unladen it really the phsycological effect of that question. And stop questioning my late night spelling.

messiecake said:
Im not anyone of particular interest to this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back