Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 319DFCA

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/319dfca.html

Ruth Ann Leamon
Missing since August 19, 1982 from Modesto, Stanislaus County, California
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: February 25, 1966
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5; 84 pounds
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
•Tattoos: Leamon has a small tattoo of a cross on the web of her right hand between her thumb and index finger.
•Clothing: Levi's jeans, tennis shoes and a cream colored T-shirt with writing.
•Dentals: Available
•DNA: Available in CODIS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Leamon was living with a guardian in Modesto, California in 1982. She became acquainted with two men in their thirties on August 19 of that year. Leamon made plans to meet the men later that evening at Sam's Food City on Carver Road. Leamon was last seen at approximately 20:45 as she left her guardian's residence. She said she was walking to a nearby store to purchase a soft drink.

Her guardian was at work during Leamon's scheduled arrival time at home and did not realize she was missing until approximately 07:00 on August 20, the following morning. Leamon has never been seen again.

Authorities questioned the two men scheduled to meet Leamon during the night of her disappearance, but both denied any involvement in her case. No arrests have been made in connection with Leamon's disappearance. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Leamon's whereabouts, please contact:
Modesto Police Department
209-572-9500
You may remain anonymous when submitting information to any agency.

Agency Case Number: 8244560

NCMEC #: NCMC601797.

NCIC Number: M-648422065
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children Modesto Police
CA DOJ
Modesto Police Department

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/leamon_ruth.html

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...FAAAAIBAJ&pg=854,6244892&dq=ruth-leamon&hl=en
1982 (Newspaper scanned off center, you will have to move highlighted box over yellow area to see article)

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...FAAAAIBAJ&pg=938,4925907&dq=ruth-leamon&hl=en

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/6285/0/
NamUs Profile:
Dental: NA
DNA: NA
Fingerprints: NA

Ruth has been gone 28 years today. Come home soon.

Attachments

• RLeamon.jpg
    RLeamon.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 29
  • RLeamon1.jpg
    RLeamon1.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 30
  • RALeamon2.jpg
    RALeamon2.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 29
MODESTO (CBS13) ― A 16-year-old girl vanished nearly 30 years ago, and no one has seen her since. Now, there is new hope for new leads in this cold case thanks to a cash reward.

Even though Ruby Brown, 67, suffers from dementia, she still remembers a message for her missing daughter.

"I want to tell you I love you with all my heart and I hope you come home," says Ruby.

Ruth Ann Leamon was 16-years-old when she disappeared in Modesto 28-years-ago. Her little sister, Silvia, was only eight-years-old at the time.

http://cbs13.com/local/ruth.ann.leamon.2.1965255.html

Her sister is in Linden. She thinks it was Shermantine that killed Ruth. She had witnessed her with Shermatine and brought his name up to the cops at the time, but nothing happened.

These guys were 2 killing machines and I wonder how many cases will be solved in this dig.

If she was seen with Shermantine, then I have strong suspicions that he was involved. They would have both been 16 at the time. He may have made a pass and she denied him. He seems obviously, like the type to not take NO for an answer.

If she was seen with Shermantine, then I have strong suspicions that he was involved. They would have both been 16 at the time. He may have made a pass and she denied him. He seems obviously, like the type to not take NO for an answer.

that is SO true! I read that during his trial a number of women came forward and told of being raped by him. I was also reading on a site called Mayhem about the case, and at the time Loren Herzog's wife was on there defending him. She actually got into arguments with members of victims families. I wonder how she feels about it today?

This is extremely sad and a lot of familes are going to get devastating news.

that is SO true! I read that during his trial a number of women came forward and told of being raped by him. I was also reading on a site called Mayhem about the case, and at the time Loren Herzog's wife was on there defending him. She actually got into arguments with members of victims families. I wonder how she feels about it today?

This is extremely sad and a lot of familes are going to get devastating news.

I can't find the link right now. But I stumbled across one the other day same one with Shermantine ex. And herzog wife still loves him and will always love him till she dies. And claims he is innocent. made me want to throw up.

Ruth Ann Leamon – The Charley Project

Ruth Ann Leamon

• ruth_ann_leamon_2.jpg
Ruth, circa 1982; Age-progression to age 49 (circa 2015); Wesley Shermantine; Loren Herzog
______

Ruth Ann Leamon - California Missing Person Directory

NAT_6285_1.jpg

Age progression
Public viewable
Ruth's photo is shown age-progressed to 43 years (10/20/2009)
NAT_6285_2.jpg

Facial/case ID
Public viewable

____

Stanislaus Area Crime Stoppers - Missing Persons

Missing Since: 8/19/1982
Leamon, Ruth Ann

Alias: N/A
Sex: Female Race: Caucasian
Height: N/A Weight: N/A
Hair: N/A Eyes: N/A
Modesto Police are investigating the disappearance of Ruth Ann. The day Ruth Ann disappeared, she had become acquainted with two men in their thirties. She made plans to meet them later in the evening hours. She was last seen leaving home at 8:45 p.m., telling her guardian she was going to the store for a Coke. She never returned. Both of the males were questioned and denied any involvement in or knowledge of her disappearance. The photo on the right has been age enhanced to show what Ruth Ann might look like today.

Ruth Ann is listed in this article along with other MPs.

'Missing' most always found

[Snipped]

RUTH ANN LEAMON -- She was 16 when she disappeared, last seen leaving her Modesto home at 8:45 p.m. on Aug. 19, 1982. Police said Leamon told her guardian she was going to a nearby store for a Coke.

#

Could Missing Modestans Be Victims Of 'Speed Freak Killers?'

Ruth Ann Leamon disappeared at age 16.

Ruth Ann Leamon disappeared on August 19, 1982 when she was only sixteen years of age. A sophomore at Davis High School in 1982, Leamon was last seen leaving her guardian’s residence in Modesto and walking to a nearby grocery store (Sam's Food City on Carver) for a soda. Although Leamon’s body has never been recovered, this case is presumed to be a homicide.

[Snipped]

Convicted killer Wesley Shermantine writes that Loren Herzog may have victims from Modesto.

The letter written to CBS 13 by Wesley Shermantine can be read here ( http://centralvalleytv.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/shermantine-letter.pdf)

*This link would not open for me.

Wesley Shermantine's Map

A crude map drawn by convicted killer Wesley Shermantine, showing the site of a well where Loren Herzog disposed the bodies of their victims. This is the current site where officials are excavating in Linden, at Escalon-Belotta and Flood Roads.

*No map or link provided.

____

*BBM

This is the first I've seen about a letter and a map. I'm going to dig a little deeper to see of I can find either but hopefully both.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back