Werter wants immunity for Tommy due to threats of felony murder charges

MADJGNLAW

Reaction score
Tommy's attorney Werter wants immunity for Tommy before he will allow him to talk to LE any further due to LE's threats of felony murder charges against him.

UPDATED: 12:59 pm EDT August 20, 2010
"Snip" http://www.news4jax.com/news/24700021/detail.html

Hank Croslin's Attorney Talks: Two days after Misty Cummings' lawyer dropped a bombshell We're hearing another from the lawyer for Misty's brother. http://www.news4jax.com/video/24698963/index.html

Attorney: Croslin's Cousin Killed Haleigh
Hank Croslin, Misty Cummings' Attorneys' Accounts Coincide
"Snip" http://www.news4jax.com/news/24690929/detail.html

POSTED: Thursday, August 19, 2010
Video: Hank Croslin's Attorney Talks http://www.news4jax.com/video/24693288/index.html

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- James Werter said Thursday

Werter said Putnam County investigators threatened Croslin with accessory to murder charges, which is why Werter will no longer allow Croslin to talk to tell his account. Werter said he wants immunity for his client."My advice to him is that he does not talk because they keep threatening him with felony murder charges. That would make him, technically speaking, an accessory after the fact. I can't let him talk with even that stupid little threat."

You really can't make this stuff up. And if any of this is true that LE was threatening Tommy with felony murder, I am certainly not feeling very good about the state's case at this point.

"Stupid little threat"...hmmm. Well, wonder what PCSO will have to say about this. It's almost like these lawyers have decided to force things....

Well, I've always felt that immunity would have to be given before we got to the truth in this case...

But they can't give everyone immunity! Well, IDK, on second thought it would fit with what we are seeing. Cutting deals, immunity...I'm really at a loss here.

I initially thought very highly of Werter and thought him to be the best of the lot to date. But I can't wrap my mind around his recent actions. He has a tough job going up against LE and wonder if he isn't making it worse for his client. JMO

Wouldn't Tommy have to prove he didn't do it before getting immunity? He's the one who claimed to have gone by the trailer at 10 and no one was home. He hung around all the time and was there that day. He's the one driving a red pickup plus lived within walking distance. His dog was barking. His wife was covering for him. He's not given a good explanation for not calling 911. He's told two different stories about what happened to Haleigh that night. He's said he was home , then it changed to he went with Joe at knife point to dump the body. He's telling about a black bag and now he thinks Haleigh was strangled. Why not suffocated, knocked in the head, etc....And, Misty claims he messed with her once and he's quite a bit older than Misty.

Werter said Putnam County investigators threatened Croslin with accessory to murder charges, which is why Werter will no longer allow Croslin to talk to tell his account. Werter said he wants immunity for his client.

This statement is really bothering me... They are not going to give Tommy immunity and IMHO Werter knows that... Bottom Line... The truth will never be revealed...
I'm really on the fence in reference to Werter, I don't know IF he is trying to HELP Tommy or IF he is on the take too....JMHO..

Why would Tommy have to talk, his lawyer has pretty much taken care of that! It looks like Werter need immunity...

Wouldn't Tommy have to prove he didn't do it before getting immunity? He's the one who claimed to have gone by the trailer at 10 and no one was home. He hung around all the time and was there that day. He's the one driving a red pickup plus lived within walking distance. His dog was barking. His wife was covering for him. He's not given a good explanation for not calling 911. He's told two different stories about what happened to Haleigh that night. He's said he was home , then it changed to he went with Joe at knife point to dump the body. He's telling about a black bag and now he thinks Haleigh was strangled. Why not suffocated, knocked in the head, etc....And, Misty claims he messed with her once and he's quite a bit older than Misty.

Teasers to tempt LE? They are waving a BIG RED flag in LE's face. HELLO!!!!!! Me, me, pick me!

If he is seeking immunity he is involved as an accomplice and wants immunity so he can talk about the real story without incriminating himself.

Hopefully he has something because Werter and ToC are playing a dangerous game if it is a bluff just to reduce ToC's sentence.

Oh yeah, let's give this little angel immunity. After all he has already told his daddy he ain't ever gonna get in trouble again. I believe what he says :croc:

Teasers to tempt LE? They are waving a BIG RED flag in LE's face. HELLO!!!!!! Me, me, pick me!

If he is seeking immunity he is involved as an accomplice and wants immunity so he can talk about the real story without incriminating himself.

Hopefully he has something because Werter and ToC are playing a dangerous game if it is a bluff just to reduce ToC's sentence.

bbm

That's what I was thinking too, cyber. Otherwise, why would he need immunity to tell the real story?

I still wonder why Fields didn't think Misty needed any deals of her own. They haven't made any deals, have they?:waitasec:

I agree with your suspicions of Tommy, but I've seen cases where what appeared to be the actual murderer get immunity, in exchange for testimony against someone. They just lie, change the details, & put the blame on the accomplice. I think, but of course don't know, that this is what Tommy might be doing. I don't trust him, but I don't trust any of these people. & another thing that bothered me about Tommy, was that he was skittish about going into general population, & said the other inmates were taunting him. His dad seemed perterbed in a casual way, like the casual was forced. Do you get my point? I've known a lot of people who have been in county jails, & not once have I ever heard of anything like this. Those guys don't taunt, just for fun, so I think they had heard something on the streets, or through the grapevine. I never heard of any threats being directed Ron & Misty's way, & they even seemed to be making friends, so...what was up with Tommy? Another thing that bothered me... I got the feeling, but of course have no proof, that he sat in jail, getting worried that someone else was gonna beat him to the finish line, & when he couldn't stand the anticipation anymore, he jumped 1st...& then was stuck with the Joe story. the same thing with the LDT. he wanted out so bad, he could taste it, & the only thing standing between him & freedom was that little machine, & I think he pumped himself into thinking he could pass. but, of course he didn't. Also, he told his wife, (I think), that Misty thought she was helping him, but she needed to keep his name out of her mouth. That statement hit me hard, & I was left wondering what he was so worried about, & why he & Lindsey were bending over backwards to keep Misty happy. I started wondering what Misty had on Tommy. not the other way around. I do NOT understand the dynamics in this family, & can't figure out what makes them tick. Would they murder together? I don't think so, but I can see one covering for the other...especially if she's getting manipulated to stay quiet, from different people, for different reasons. So, I surely hope Tommy isn't granted immunity, unless LE has solid, unquestionable proof that he didn't murder Haleigh. & if they have that kind of proof, nobody deserves immunity. just get em all.

Tommy could face charges even if he was not an accomplice to a crime against Haleigh, meaning he did not participate in the act or assist in the aftermath. IF Tommy and Joe went to the MH to steal a gun, a felony; and, in the course of the felony, Joe went nuts and killed Haleigh, Tommy could face capital murder charges just for being there. I've said for months that I believe that's why Tommy has been reluctant to talk. He's not afraid of Joe, and he's not protecting Misty or anyone else but himself. I don't condone his silence, but I understand it.

It's kinda funny that Ron gets offered a deal for talking, a pat on the back, if you will, eighteen months after his daughter disappeared. Tommy gets threatened with murder charges. Different strokes for different folks.

Tommy could face charges even if he was not an accomplice to a crime against Haleigh, meaning he did not participate in the act or assist in the aftermath. IF Tommy and Joe went to the MH to steal a gun, a felony; and, in the course of the felony, Joe went nuts and killed Haleigh, Tommy could face capital murder charges just for being there. I've said for months that I believe that's why Tommy has been reluctant to talk. He's not afraid of Joe, and he's not protecting Misty or anyone else but himself. I don't condone his silence, but I understand it.

It's kinda funny that Ron gets offered a deal for talking, a pat on the back, if you will, eighteen months after his daughter disappeared. Tommy gets threatened with murder charges. Different strokes for different folks.
would stealing a stolen gun still be a felony? I know 2 wrongs dont =a right, but would the 1st theft cancel out the 2nd? wouldn't the 1st thief also be charged with a felony? I would think the rightful owner would be the only one who could be stolen from. that's kind of like Misty reporting her drugs being stolen.

Remember that TN or GGS (can't reme,ber which one) came over to the trailer that night supposedly to drop off laundry or something, also remember that Ron kept calling Misty, what if Ron had Misty go for a drug run that night TN or GGS whoever it was came by to watch the kids while Joe, Tommy and Misty went for the drug run, whoever was watching the kids gave Haleigh something and when Misty, Tommy, and Joe returned TN or GGS left.... Haleigh started vomiting and died from whatever it was given to her, now everyone is involved so everyone now is protecting everyone else, and Joe is the fall guy

Oh blah, lets play hardball to oil up those jawbones. If I were SA for a day I'd charge Tommy with felony murder and Misty with accessory to.

I have no sympathy for them allowing Haleigh to be harmed that night and I think both have been placed at the scene of the crime Tommy has given statements was murder. Let the jury decide any lesser charges.

I'm with you Peliman only I believe all three should be charged with felony murder.

Seems to me, the Croslins have a larger hand in this than they realize. Even if it's not THEM who actually murdered HaLeigh, they have knowledge before and after the fact, if you take the tales already told. I'd say throw them all in jail for the murder of HaLeigh and let those jurors or judge if they choose a bench trial to say who had the larger hand in this. I can't imagine not fighting like a mad hatter to save HaLeigh. I can't imagine cowering under a sheet while I hear the screams of a child. These people have no moral compass and one isn't less culpable than the next, in my eyes. They all hold the same responsiblility after 19 months...:banghead: If HaLeigh was thrown in the river, there is nothing left of her for evidence sake and can't be brought home for a proper funeral/burial. How sad is that...ToC has children and he allowed this to happen to another child. Did they hate RC that much to take his child in place of not finding a gun. Or is the gun the cover story for getting back at RC for humiliating JO as he did with stealing his other weapon??? Sickening either way...

I don't know how these people sleep at night knowing what became of HaLeigh!

Where is HaLeigh!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back