Brush cleared in search for McCleary girl - Aug 2010

Keep the pace & stay the course are my sentiments! Thanks Jules for posting this. I saw it broadcasted twice but it gave little info. on King 5. I wonder what those,"nothing of much concerns" RS speaks of are?

Keep the pace & stay the course are my sentiments! Thanks Jules for posting this. I saw it broadcasted twice but it gave little info. on King 5. I wonder what those,"nothing of much concerns" RS speaks of are?

I don't know Karen, but I hope it leads to some answers... it's just been TOO LONG.

Any locals know where this large patch of overgrown land is exactly? Any locals see this search taking place?

That doesn't sound good...

So investigators have cleared a large patch of overgrown land in McCleary as part of the Lindsey Baum investigation - I wonder what made them decide to do this now? Do they have reason to believe this location may hold clues?

I had to ask for an apology for referring to Barney Fife tactics. We can see there has been mucho methodologies used these last six months. Wish I was invisible & could listen in on their meetings. Whats next LE?

So investigators have cleared a large patch of overgrown land in McCleary as part of the Lindsey Baum investigation - I wonder what made them decide to do this now? Do they have reason to believe this location may hold clues?

I dunno, maybe I read too many detective novels -- but it sounded like LE is all but certain where she is and what happened, but can't find enough evidence to press charges.

It does seem like they are on an evidence gathering mission these last few searches. I had similar feelings that they want no loose ends after so much care, time, money and concern shown to allow an opening for the perp to walk. I was loosing confidence that the story hit a wall they can't penetrate as RS stated last Nov. ??? Hey, they sure found a way around the budget to get those nasty blackberries cut down.

I dunno, maybe I read too many detective novels -- but it sounded like LE is all but certain where she is and what happened, but can't find enough evidence to press charges.

Curious what your theory is. Do you think it has to do with the last search of Gurley?

Curious what your theory is. Do you think it has to do with the last search of Gurley?

Yes.

I wonder whether it's because of something they found in that search, or something they didn't find that they thought should have been there. Half of a pair of shoes, or something like that.

Wow! It's been a while since I've posted for Lindsey, not since the last big batch of SWs were served, and then I posted in the wrong thread and even I can't find where it was moved to. I'm so happy to see activity by LE for Lindsey. Hers was the first case I read when I joined WS not all that long ago. I still come back and read often.

This gives me hope for Patrick whose case, like Lindsey's was, is just sitting there.

A prayer and a Guardian Angel for each of them.:angel::angel2:

We were told it was "routine" and something they were just getting around to.. I'd like to know why they waited almost 14 months to do a "routine" kind of search.

Wondering that myself JenniferO??!! Add to that, they state several items were collected and sent to the lab. I'm confused, was this an area that had no brush or vegetation back in 2009? Or do they feel that evidence had been concealed there?

Wondering that myself JenniferO??!! Add to that, they state several items were collected and sent to the lab. I'm confused, was this an area that had no brush or vegetation back in 2009? Or do they feel that evidence had been concealed there?

The wording makes it sound like the vegetation had grown over since last year?

We were told that "nothing was found" and it was "routine" (suggesting that this search wasn't because of something they found elsewhere or a tip). I'm not sure why Rick Scott is making it sound like they found something important. Personally, (My opinion here) I think he is saying what the public wants to hear

It is my understanding, the only area I know they searched was the same last year as it was this year. Large area of blackberry bushes and underbrush.

We were told that "nothing was found" and it was "routine" (suggesting that this search wasn't because of something they found elsewhere or a tip). I'm not sure why Rick Scott is making it sound like they found something important. Personally, (My opinion here) I think he is saying what the public wants to hear

It is my understanding, the only area I know they searched was the same last year as it was this year. Large area of blackberry bushes and underbrush.

Where is this large area? At first I wondered if the city or someone wanted this area cleared and they thought it would be good if they also looked for clues into Lindsey's disappearance, but it specifically said it was part of the Lindsey Baum investigation which led me to think they must have had reason for wanting that specific area cleared. Hmmm.

"Using Department of Corrections labor, investigators have cleared a large patch of overgrown land in McCleary as part of the Lindsey Baum investigation."

Who is it that told you and others that nothing was found and it was routine? Could they be down-playing it for certain reasons?

Where is this large area? At first I wondered if the city or someone wanted this area cleared and they thought it would be good if they also looked for clues into Lindsey's disappearance, but it specifically said it was part of the Lindsey Baum investigation which led me to think they must have had reason for wanting that specific area cleared. Hmmm.

"Using Department of Corrections labor, investigators have cleared a large patch of overgrown land in McCleary as part of the Lindsey Baum investigation."

Who is it that told you and others that nothing was found and it was routine? Could they be down-playing it for certain reasons?

Well.....I personally don't think this is a "large area". And it should have been checked a long time ago. I heard it was. I imagine the area wasn't cleared because you couldn't access it because of the brush, blackberry bushes etc. So how could the perp? Heck, I don't know. But I know I think it's stupid and a little late :waitasec:

So....it was most likely based on a new tip. Or not. Or maybe the FBI is just being super thorough. Eliminating? Checking and double checking? Making sure the T's are crossed and the I's dotted? Routine. Yada, yada. All of that is a good thing tho, IMHO.

In my opinion, it's much ado about nothing. Back to hurry up and wait here. But I hope I'm wrong, as I usually am :)

It occurs to me that if more than one person is involved, and they're providing alibis for each other, they might have a lot more dotting of i's and crossing of t's than normal.

I wonder if there was a phone ping or something that led them to the area?

Salem

I'm just glad they are still looking and doing what they can to find Lindsey.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back