Could you serve as an unbiased juror in this case?

Could you be a juror in a trial with Terri as defendant?

• Total voters

cluciano63

Reaction score
With what we know now, do you feel that you could serve as a juror in a case against Terri (with regards to Kyron) or would you have to admit to the prosecutor that you had already formed an opinion as to her guilt?

I believe that I could be a fair juror. I have not made up my mind as yet and am actually eager to hear any evidence that would help me to do so.

yes with no problem at all.

I could serve as a juror. I don't have anywhere near enough info to know wth happened. Even if I did have a lot of info off the net, from media, from court docs, etc, it still would be a matter of considering only what the prosecutor presents as evidence. I do think I could do it.

With what we know now, do you feel that you could serve as a juror in a case against Terri (with regards to Kyron) or would you have to admit to the prosecutor that you had already formed an opinion as to her guilt?

I believe that I could be a fair juror. I have not made up my mind as yet and am actually eager to hear any evidence that would help me to do so.

(I don't know how to add a poll; if anyone would like to add one, I would say
"Yes, I could be a fair juror" "No, I have made up my mind as to Terri's guilt" or "Unsure if I could be be fair and impartial" )

I could be impartial. I've seen nothing so far that makes her guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Not even close. I hope, if she did do it, that LE knows way more than we do. However, I really, really, really don't *like* her based on what I do know or can speculate with what I feel to be a fair degree of certainty. That wouldn't stop me from acquitting her, though. Actually, I would probably bend over backward to make sure that my personal opinion of her didn't cloud my abiilty to evaluate the evidence. jmoo

I could very likely be an unpartial juror, but I voted I am unsure. I am leaning pretty hard on the side of a stranger did it, but I also know that not nearly all the evidence is on the table.

Of course, all the evidence does not come on the table during a trial, either...

But I'm unsure if I could do it impartially. I have served before, and will again...and even hung a jury; that case was hard, and it was a tough tough time in the jury room. So I think I could do it...but I'm also unsure.

Just being totally honest here...

Best-
Herding Cats

(I don't know how to add a poll; if anyone would like to add one, I would say
"Yes, I could be a fair juror" "No, I have made up my mind as to Terri's guilt" or "Unsure if I could be be fair and impartial" )

Absolutely not...I could not. I have suspected TH from the very first PC, and I have seen nothing since then that makes me change my mind. It only seems to get worse, IMO. And it is not 'just one thing', it is the totality of the info that has been brought forth since then. That being said, I don't think there has been anything released that would hold up in court 'beyond a reasonable doubt'. I fear that we may never know what happened to Kyron. I pray that I am wrong. MOO.:twocents:

Although I haven't been on the fence I think that I would have no problem being unbiased. The fun of WS is looking at a bunch of information, much of it unsubstantiated, and being able to make a judgment with no consequences to those being judged. And seeing someone personally is completely different from developing an opinion based on pictures, interviews, rumors and soundbytes. I do think I could wipe the slate clean and deliberate over any testimony and evidence without bias. Supporting our justice system is a very serious responsibility and I could never go into a trial without every intention of weighing everything fairly.

That's a great question. I couldn't have been a fair juror a week or two ago. I thought for sure she was guilty. This week? I don't know anymore. So many creepy people coming out of the woodwork. Creepy people tangentially involved with the family and therefore Kyron. I don't know what to believe. I don't feel like I'm "on the fence" as much as I'm really confused and empty of all the anger at Terri I had in the beginning and no longer sure what kind of real evidence could possibly point to her. Very tired of the circus and emotionally exhausted... does that make a good juror? Perhaps not...

If I were presented with evidence indicating TH was responsible, and it held up to the reasonable doubt threshold, I could indeed cast my vote in a jury room to convict.

I honestly think I could since at this point I don't have a clue who is who and who did what. When DeDe became part of the situation my brain just shut down...I know there is an alleged MFH plot involving a landscaper...I know DeDe works as a landscaper...I know Kyron is missing and was last seen at his school and I know there are questions regarding a white pickup truck, DeDe, & Terri. I've followed this case but honestly with all the crazy turns I'm just about lost. All I really know is Kyron is still missing and I wish he was home with his Daddy. So yeah, I think I could be an unbiased juror, albeit a very confused juror. :dance:

Yes, I feel that I could. But with my being related to LE working this case, I know I'd be disqualified!

Probably not! ;)

I'm wondering if this goes to trial (and I believe it will) if a change of venue will be pursued.

Yup, I don't mess around when I'm sittin on a jury.

Yes, I believe that I could serve on a jury. And,if the prosecutor made a convincing case, I could vote to convict her. But, this was a death penalty case, the prosecutor would have to weave his case so tight that I couldn't find a single tiny hole in it. And then I could still vote to convict. But...I'm notoriously hard to convince....

All JMO

Just like everyone else that replied - I could be impartial because, well, I'm confused! And have no opinion because it just seems like it's all abunch of rumor and bad mouthing that supports her guilt at this point...I'm going to cut it short cuz I'm curious to read the other thread about known facts....

I voted unsure.......I try to be as fair and unbiased as anyone can be but all I have read, heard, surmised,etc., I just don't think I could put it aside...I sincerely hope if there ever is a trial that the jurors have not been as deeply entrenched in this as we have here.....I would be afraid all I have read and heard and mainly suspected of TH at this point in time, would not let me be fair and for that reason I could not serve...have been on two jurys and it wasn't fun but I gave it everything I had and I feel I was as fair as anyone could be...but this case with a little fella missing................don't think I could do it...not right now.

There is no way I could be a good juror in this trial. If and when there is one, they are going to have to move this trial outside of this county. Might even have to move it out of this State, or even this country (I know the last two are impossible.)

I've never been on a jury or even called to jury duty; I don't know why, I am about the only person I know who has not. And now I probably would not be able to manage jury duty, due to health issues, although I would like to serve. I've always followed court cases as closely as possible.

In cases involving children, I'm wondering how many acquittals come along? You often hear defense attorneys saying that people feel a need for someone to pay, in certain types of crimes.

I'd be fair, might even be the hold-out and hope that I would be able to stick with my feelings if I felt the state had not proved the case.

Yes, I know I could. Too bad I live in Texas.

I've never been on a jury or even called to jury duty; I don't know why, I am about the only person I know who has not. And now I probably would not be able to manage jury duty, due to health issues, although I would like to serve. I've always followed court cases as closely as possible.

In cases involving children, I'm wondering how many acquittals come along? You often hear defense attorneys saying that people feel a need for someone to pay, in certain types of crimes.

I'd be fair, might even be the hold-out and hope that I would be able to stick with my feelings if I felt the state had not proved the case.

I have served on a jury several years ago, and it involved a child. The trial only lasted 3 days, but it was a learning experience for me, and I'm glad I had the privilege of serving at least once. Not sure I ever want to do it again.
My hubby served on a jury about a year ago, but the whole thing was over in one day. He did not exactly enjoy it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back