FL FL - Patricia Patterson Leventhal, 32, Collier County, 21 Aug 1991

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 1392DFFL

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1392dffl.html

Patricia Patterson Leventhal
Missing since August 21, 1991 from Collier County, Florida.
Classification: Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: June 11, 1959
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 32 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 115 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Light brown hair; brown eyes.
•Dentals: Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Leventhal was last seen by her husband at 23:30 on August 21, 1991 driving her 1991 blue 4 door Volvo, VIN number: YV2JA894OMA029773, Louisiana Tag 955X356. Possible direction of travel could be Louisiana where she possess an RN License.
She grew up in Ruston, after attending A.E. Phillips School, Ruston High School and Louisiana Tech University, she had married a successful doctor and moved to Naples, FL. with her two children from her previous marriage. The family was doing well and Patty, a registered nurse, had volunteered her time as a school nurse at her children's school.
Wednesday, August. 21, 1991, Patty returned to her home after church choir practice. She and husband were relaxing in the Jacuzzi when she left to go get a cola. She never came back.
Collier County sheriff's deputies found her Blue 1991 Volvo in the parking lot of an apartment complex a short while after her disappearance. No fingerprints or clues of any kind were found.
All of Patty's credit cards were monitored for activity. There was none after her disappearance.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Collier County Sheriff's Office
Lynn Zariv
239-793-9210

Agency Case Number: 84716-91

NCIC Number: M-771135254
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Collier County Sheriff's Office

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/leventhal_patricia.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/5563/0/
NamUs Profile:
Dental: Available to be entered later
DNA: NA
Fingerprints: NA

I don't find any archived articles for Patricia at this time.

Patricia has been missing 19 years today. Come home soon.

Attachments

• PLeventhal.jpg
    PLeventhal.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 23
Looking at some other Collier County cases, I came across this one. Subsequently, I came across this doe
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/367
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/665uffl.html

She was never ruled out. The shoes where from JC Penneys btw, early 80's. The green shower curtain makes me think the doe was at her own home, hotel/motel, or simular when she died and then disposed of in the curtain to hide her body and possible other evidence.

There is a divorce record for Her Husband, the Dr, and Patricia on knowx. So did he file for divorce after she disappeared?? Why didnt he just have her declared dead?

Patricia’s husband filed for divorce 13 days after she went missing. And declared dead by her husband in 1996. Where are her Parents? Children? Family?. No one is looking for her!? She went for a cola at 1130pm and never heard from since. I know if my husband disappeared I would not be filing for divorce in 13 days. Does anyone else find this odd? No reward offered by prominent Naples family!? How long did it take for husband to report missing? How long before they found her car? This looks like it was swept under rug by this community..

Patricia’s husband filed for divorce 13 days after she went missing. And declared dead by her husband in 1996. Where are her Parents? Children? Family?. No one is looking for her!? She went for a cola at 1130pm and never heard from since. I know if my husband disappeared I would not be filing for divorce in 13 days. Does anyone else find this odd? No reward offered by prominent Naples family!? How long did it take for husband to report missing? How long before they found her car? This looks like it was swept under rug by this community..

BBM.

Yeah, when I read that, I was like, "she disappeared on the way to the fridge?" I guess now I understand that she was going to drive to get a cola.

Now, I'm not lucky enough to have a jacuzzi, but is that a thing? To be soaking all warm in there and suddenly decide you want something to drink, so you get out, dry off, put clothes on, and drive away? Just for a soda? At almost midnight? I can't imagine doing that while in the bath. Surely I could find something else from the fridge.

And then the husband files for divorce in 13 days? I'm not liking this story...

After additional research, Patricia moved to Florida, July 3rd 1991., approx. one year after marrying Dr. The article appears to suggest that her husband, the Dr., and her 2 young children ,from a previous marriage, were in Naples, Florida before she arrived on July 3rd 1991; She was in Florida for approx. 7 weeks and disappeared without a trace, without her car and never used her credit cards again!? No mention of the fate of her children or the children's father or any family members in Louisiana.

After additional research, Patricia moved to Florida, July 3rd 1991., approx. one year after marrying Dr. The article appears to suggest that her husband, the Dr., and her 2 young children ,from a previous marriage, were in Naples, Florida before she arrived on July 3rd 1991; She was in Florida for approx. 7 weeks and disappeared without a trace, without her car and never used her credit cards again!? No mention of the fate of her children or the children's father or any family members in Louisiana.
Makes me think that things in Florida where not what she imagined when she got there. She could have left on her own or she discovered something was wrong and was silenced.

Saving case; I want to look into it more. I feel like she should have had more attention than this.

Thu, Oct 10, 1991 – Page 62 · News-Press (Fort Myers, Florida) · Newspapers.com

Mon, Feb 10, 1992 – Page 20 · News-Press (Fort Myers, Florida) · Newspapers.com
Another case where a woman disappears after an argument with her husband.

I’m getting a love triangle vibe here. The only places open at that time, 30 years ago, were maybe a convenience store or a drugstore.

Doctors know enough to cover up a death but do they know enough to permanently hide a body? It’s been nearly 30 years.

Did they own a boat? Any access to the water?

A car without fingerprints on it, even in a strange location, is too obvious. Who usually drove this car and was the front seat adjusted?

I wonder why some sources mention an argument and some don't.

Did the children hear something?

I don't buy it that she willingly left her children behind.
LE would know if she used her nursing license again in Louisiana.
She didn't head there in the middle of the night.
All in my opinion only.

Her profile on NamUs:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Patricia's husband was not licensed to practice medicine in FL until 08/19/1991.
I assume they moved to Naples before he started working.
FL DOH MQA Search Portal | License Verification For Practitioner Details

Looking at some other Collier County cases, I came across this one. Subsequently, I came across this doe
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/367
665UFFL

She was never ruled out. The shoes where from JC Penneys btw, early 80's. The green shower curtain makes me think the doe was at her own home, hotel/motel, or simular when she died and then disposed of in the curtain to hide her body and possible other evidence.

These remains were located in a shallow grave in Naples in 2004.
Detectives said they believe the woman was white, between 5 feet 1 inch and 5 feet 6 inches tall and between 30 and 40 years old when she died.
The woman's sneakers were size 7.5 B, featured "the Olympics rings logo" and had silver and light blue coloring on the heel and the words "Olympics" and "USA" on the back, according to the release.
Collier detectives asks for public's help to ID woman in 2004 case

Patricia's Louisiana Nursing License which expired ~4 months after she went missing.

PATTERSON, PATRICIA BOND RN
RN058508
Inactive
Original Issue Date: 08/21/1987
Current Expiration Date: 12/31/1991
License Lookup

Bump. This case really bothers me. Apparently there has never been a big deal made by her family, which led to it getting poor media coverage. Also wonder why her daughters, when grown up...havent tried to get the story out.

Bump. This case really bothers me. Apparently there has never been a big deal made by her family, which led to it getting poor media coverage. Also wonder why her daughters, when grown up...havent tried to get the story out.
The Dr has 2 daughters, that would have been the same age as Patricias daughters. I think he adopted them. This case bother me also.

The Dr has 2 daughters, that would have been the same age as Patricias daughters. I think he adopted them. This case bother me also.
I wondered about that. No article clearly comes out and states that. Makes you wonder if their father wasn't in their lives. And where are their grandparents?

This is the same thing Meryl Mackey did when Evelyn Lavern Mackey disappeared. He was arrested (2015)and died in jail a few years later. He never gave up the body..... He filed I believe a month later. Hernando County FL case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back