Staff member
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 344UFCA
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/344ufca.html

2471238510045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

Reconstructions of Victim by Wesley Neville

Unidentified White Female

* The victim was discovered on August 13, 1998 in El Cajon, San Diego County, California.
* Estimated date of death: 2 - 3 Weeks prior to discovery

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: Mid 30s
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2"; 120 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Possibly a mixture of Hispanic or Asian. Light brown hair. She had given birth to at least one child.
* Clothing: She was wearing a beige floral patterned bra and three pairs of pants. The outer pair of pants were black Docker-type pants with pleats, middle pair were white pants with an elastic waistband and the inner pants were black with an elastic waistband. She had two shirts with her. One shirt was a dark blue men's t-shirt. The second shirt was a light blue men's extra large with a yellow logo printed on front and back. The logo read, Woodruff Warriors 20 Year Reunion 1971-1991. She was also wearing a black pair of Route 66 shoes, size 6 1/2.
* Jewelry: She was wearing a 6" herringbone bracelet on her left wrist.

I noticed that Classmates.com has been adding HS yearbooks to their site lateley, which will be very helpful for our research.

This could be a great benefit in trying to solve this case, because the UID was wearing a tee-shirt commemorating the 20-year reunion for the Woodruff Warriors (in Peoria IL) class of 1971. Classmates.com does not have a yearbook for the 1971 school year, but they do have a yearbook for the 1969 school year.

http://www.classmates.com/yearbooks/Woodruff-High-School/16324

If this woman was a Woodruff High senior in 1971, she probably was in the Woodruff HS sophmore class in 1969 (unless she transferred there as a junior or senior).

I went through the 12 pages of sophmores, and came up with 32 girls who had facial characteristics similar to the facial reconstruction. I compiled the photos of these 32 girls into the image. (I included one Asian girl, Margie Wong because DoeNet indicated that the UID may be partially Asian, although I doubt it's her)

In some instances, the girls' names are difficult to read due to poor image quality. But with a little sleuthing, maybe we can find out whether or not any of these women are still alive, and narrow the list further.

2637082700045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Looking closer at these 32, I think the ones with the most similar facial structure are:

8. 10. 14.18. 24.
27. 30.

#12 is not the Jane Doe, as she was listed in Classmates.com with a photo dated 2006.

Great job CarlK. I looked and had my daughter look without seeing your suggestions and she picked 8 & 10.

What year do you think she would have graduated if she went to that school?

I am thinking the reunion shirt is not much help here. Both shirts are mens wear. She is wearing three pair of pants in warm weather?

This suggests she is a transient or homeless. The homeless depend on second hand stores or places like the Salvation Army or Goodwill for their clothing and every type of clothing can be found at these places. T shirts to high end label clothing.

I'm trying to decipher C C, or <mod snip>....if the reconstruction is accurate I think she looks like a possibility. For what its worth, I'm trying to find out her actual name and if/when she was ever married etc...

At my wife's 15 year reunion, all of the commemorative shirts were "mens" shirts...

Way off topic....musician Dan Fogelberg graduated from Woodruff HS in Peoria,IL...class of 1969.

What year do you think she would have graduated if she went to that school?

If she went to that school, and got the shirt at her 20-year reunion (which took place in 1991), she would have graduated in 1971, and would have been a sophmore in 1969 (i.e., the year of the yearbook).

I am thinking the reunion shirt is not much help here. Both shirts are mens wear. She is wearing three pair of pants in warm weather?

This suggests she is a transient or homeless. The homeless depend on second hand stores or places like the Salvation Army or Goodwill for their clothing and every type of clothing can be found at these places. T shirts to high end label clothing.

Both shirts are men's sizes, but they are tee-shirts. I don't think it's all that unusual for a large woman to wear a men's large tee-shirt. Also, when custom-made tee-shirts are made for a special occasion, the they usually don't come in a wide variety of styles, and the sizes are usually limited to men's small and men's large.

But I agree that the three-pairs of pants do suggest that she was homeless, and it is quite possible that she got the shirt from a thrift shop. It's also possible that it was a husband or significant other that went to Woodruff High.

Another thing that I didn't think about earlier; if she was from the class of 1971 she would have been in her mid-late 40's in 1998...if the UID is truly in her 30's she wouldn't have been from the Class of '71.

My dad is from the Class of 72 and he is 57 now.

I'm trying to decipher C.C, or C....if the reconstruction is accurate I think she looks like a possibility. For what its worth, I'm trying to find out her actual name and if/when she was ever married etc...

You can also go to the table of contents in the yearbook if you are having trouble deciphering the names under the photos. (I have a paid membership and don't know if you have to be a paid member to access the yearbooks.)

http://www.classmates.com/yearbooks/...h-School/16324

Way off topic....musician Dan Fogelberg graduated from Woodruff HS in Peoria,IL...class of 1969.
:eek:fftopic:
Here he is - third from the left.
2816433720045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

:eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic:
The big celebrity at my high school was baseball hall-of-famer George Brett. Quenton Tarantino also went to the local elementary school.

Another thing that I didn't think about earlier; if she was from the class of 1971 she would have been in her mid-late 40's in 1998...if the UID is truly in her 30's she wouldn't have been from the Class of '71.

My dad is from the Class of 72 and he is 57 now.

That is what I was thinking when I asked when she might have graduated. The age is too far off on this one and the shirt is a far out long shot. Even if the shirt belonged to a significant other, we can't identify that person without identifying her.:waitasec:
My 2 cents is on homeless second hand clothing.

She would have been about 45 in 1998.

I don't put a lot of reliance on age estimates - especially when the UID is older than early 20's. Ramona Folse (age 44), was just recently identified. Her previously unidentified remains were estimated to be age 19-28.

https://identifyus.org/cases/3071

She would have been about 45 in 1998.

I don't put a lot of reliance on age estimates. Ramona Folse (age 44), was just recently identified. Her previously unidentified remains were estimated to be age 19-28.

I agree with you Carl, that is why I said "truly" in her 30's. However to play devils advocate I agree with Mensch and think it is just a second hand shirt....BUT again...it doesn't hurt to look considering it has been 12 years and she is still without a name.

Carl, just took a look at this thread. thanks for all the work you did finding the yearbook.

If this UID graduated in 1971, then she would be coming up for a 40th HS reunion this year. is there any info on classmates.com where anyone is organizing such an event for Woodruff HS, Peoria and if so do they have a list of 'missing' classmates?

Hey all, I have messaged the admins of the Woodruff High School Peoria alumni facebook group to ask if they might share the doe network link for this woman's case and ask if any of their members recall donating a shirt to a goodwill, giving it away to a friend, etc. I'll let you all know if I get any responses.

It would seem that classmates now has the 1971 Woodruff High School Yearbook. Maybe it would be worth looking at the seniors, to see how they compare to the composites of the UID. I cannot look through it as I do not have a classmates subscription. But, if anyone who does would like to, here is the link: http://www.classmates.com/yearbooks/Woodruff-High-School/181180

Hey all, I have messaged the admins of the Woodruff High School Peoria alumni facebook group to ask if they might share the doe network link for this woman's case and ask if any of their members recall donating a shirt to a goodwill, giving it away to a friend, etc. I'll let you all know if I get any responses.

Confirming that the admin of that group has now put a post on the alumni facebook page, fingers crossed someone knows whose shirt it might be and comments? I'll keep you posted.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1622dfnc.html

Diane Marie Kennedy
Missing since December 31, 1996 from Waynesville, Haywood County, North Carolina
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: November 21, 1957
Age at Time of Disappearance: 39 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'11 to 5' and 145 to 175 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown shoulder length hair; brown eyes. Wears prescription glasses
Marks, Scars: She has a scar upper middle forehead; hole type indentation mark at the base of her throat. Birthmark scar on neck near Adam's apple.
Clothing: Gray winter jacket, blue or black jeans and tan winter boots. She was also carrying a small black duffel bag with red straps.
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: AvailableDMKennedy[1].jpg2471238510045078242S425x425Q851[1].jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1622dfnc.html

Diane Marie Kennedy
Missing since December 31, 1996 from Waynesville, Haywood County, North Carolina
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: November 21, 1957
Age at Time of Disappearance: 39 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'11 to 5' and 145 to 175 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown shoulder length hair; brown eyes. Wears prescription glasses
Marks, Scars: She has a scar upper middle forehead; hole type indentation mark at the base of her throat. Birthmark scar on neck near Adam's apple.
Clothing: Gray winter jacket, blue or black jeans and tan winter boots. She was also carrying a small black duffel bag with red straps.
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: AvailableView attachment 118406View attachment 118407

I think you should submit this - physically she is a good match and on this website her weight is even closer to Jane Doe's at 130lbs http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/missing-persons/missing-north-carolina/diane-kennedy/

The fact she had relatives in CA could explain her turning up there.

Our Jane Doe is not is Namus right? So no automatic rule out on DNA?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back