GUILTY FL - Timothy Baulkman, 32, murdered by mistake, Harlem, 4 Dec 2009

SkewedView

Reaction score
http://www.kptv.com/news/24699812/detail.html

HENDRY COUNTY, Fla. -- A chain of horrible events in Florida ended with a rape victim in jail and an innocent man dead.

Amber Lee, 21, has been jailed on preliminary charges of murder after authorities said she ran over a man she thought raped her. But the Florida Highway Patrol said she hit the wrong guy.

She claims it was a horrible accident, but the victim's family isn't so sure.

"I'm not a murderer," Lee said.

More at link.

"We were just trying to get out of there," she said. "We tried to go around one man in the middle of the road. It just ended up happening, it happened so fast."

Weird. I'm not sure what to believe. Did she think this guy was the rapist and purposely run him down? or was this innocent guy standing in the middle of the road?

Her story just doesn't add up. I think she ran down the guy thinking he was the rapist.

I don't understand the sequence of events.
She was trying to sell CD player with her boyfriend when the man allegedly raped her after making her to get out of the car?
What was the boyfriend doing at the time?
Was he incapacitated by the alleged rapist (the article doesn't say that he was), and if not, why didn't he (apparently) try to help?

This story is missing so much info.

Where was her boyfriend? Was he with her? If yes, why did he let her get out of the car and go somewhere with this stranger?

Why wasn't there enough evidence to charge the rapist?

Ugh! I swear, I have just read 7 articles about this and EVERY single one says the same thing, word for word!

What's up with reporters nowadays????? Why aren't they asking the same questions that we have?

August 2010:

Given the nature of the incident, that on one hand Lee is a suspect, but on the other hand she may be a victim, law enforcement
agencies are releasing very little information about the case...

[FHP spokesman Lt.] said the driver “moved onto the shoulder and struck Timothy Baulkman,” killing him. Moore managed to dodge the vehicle. Lee’s passenger at the time was listed as Anthony Varnell.

Asked what the determination of investigators was, Lt. Miller said, “This was an intentional act.”...

According to the sheriff, on this occasion there was not enough evidence to support the rape charge...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...LlFaF1VtCXWuUf47A&sig2=1WNP5DyrOdWkhvqJlJZkPw

According to the August 5, 2010 article (from The Clewiston News, Volume. 85 no. 57), her story is that her house had no heat and she was cold, so at 2am she and her boyfriend decided to go and meet a man and sell a stereo to him... At his house, one man held held boyfriend back and the other man raped her. Then when they let her go, she sped off and saw two me at the side of the road she assumed were the same two men, and hit one of them but missed the other.

Apparently the temperature wasn't cold that night, and the police told her that it sounded more like a drug deal gone bad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back