Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 630UFFL
http://doenetwork.org/cases/630uffl.html
NamUs UP Case 1299 https://identifyus.org/cases/1299

630UFFL.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim

Unidentified Black Female

* The victim was discovered on July 19, 1980 in Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida
* She had been shot in the head several times
* Estimated Date of Death: 15 hours prior

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 21-35 (most likely 25-30) years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3-5'4"; 141 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: She had needle tracks, from drug use, on her wrist and forearm and a one-inch scar on the back of her right thumb. She also had a two and a half-inch scar on her right forearm.
* Clothing: Red, green and black checkered, long-sleeved, flannel shirt; brownish-beige jeans and a red belt. A bra; black bikini underwear and clear, plastic loafers.
* Fingerprints: Available.

Case History
The victim was located in a field, behind a store in the 1900 block of Northwest 9th Street, in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on July 19, 1980.

Debra Vanessa Townsel
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/townsel_debra.html

630UFFL.jpg
townsel_debra.jpg

• Her hometown, Deerfield Beach, is about 15 miles from Fort Lauderdale.
  • Her DLC (01-Jul-1980) is 18-19 days before the UID's date of death.
  • Her age (21) is within range (21-35), although not within "likely" range (25-30).
  • Her height (5'5") is an inch over the upper limit (5'3" to 5'4")
  • Her weight (130 lbs) is reasonably close to the UID's measured weight (141 lbs)
Although they have different hairstyles, they have similar hairlines. Her resemblance to the UID looks looks pretty close IMO. The UID's face seems slightly narrower and her chin is slightly less pointy, but not that far off.

there are no rule-outs on her Namus profile. did you submit the possible match Carl?

there are no rule-outs on her Namus profile. did you submit the possible match Carl?

Yeah, I did. No response though. Broward County is one of the most un-responsive jurisdictions that I've dealt with.

I actually came across the same PM (Debra Townsel/UP1299) just a few minutes ago. I was going to make a thread but I saw that there was already one available and that Carl had beaten me to it by 4 years, lol

Did you ever hear back from Broward County?

I actually came across the same PM (Debra Townsel/UP1299) just a few minutes ago. I was going to make a thread but I saw that there was already one available and that Carl had beaten me to it by 4 years, lol

Did you ever hear back from Broward County?

Nope. Never did.

Still no rule outs...Did anyone resubmit? This is a really good match Carl...They need to respond and get this case solved...

Classito

Still no rule outs...Did anyone resubmit? This is a really good match Carl...They need to respond and get this case solved...

Classito
Typical problem with LEs: They have colossal egos. "The Public Eye" is nothing but a nuisance to them. They want to do nothing with the "The Public Eye". This is prevalent in southern states, FL being one of them.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
No exclusions.

630UFFL
Date of Discovery: July 19, 1980
Location of Discovery: Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida
Estimated Date of Death: 15 hours prior.
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Several gunshot wounds to the head.

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 21-30 years old
Race: Black
Sex: Female
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 141 lbs.
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Needle tracks, from drug use, on wrist and forearm; one-inch scar on the back of right thumb; two and one half-inch scar on her right forearm.

Identifiers
Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Red, green, and black checkered, long-sleeved, flannel pullover shirt; brownish-beige jeans and a red belt; a bra and black bikini underwear; and clear, plastic loafers.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim was located in a field, behind a store in the 1900 block of Northwest 9th Street, in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on July 19, 1980.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Fort Lauderdale Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Officer Schneider
Agency Phone Number: Unknown
Agency E-Mail: Unknown
Agency Case Number: 80-1046

Agency Name: District 17 Medical Examiner's Office - Broward County
Agency Contact Person: Wendy Crane, Medicolegal Death Investigator
Agency Phone Number: 954-357-5200
Agency E-Mail: Med_Exam_Trauma@Broward.org
Agency Case Number: 1980-0643

NCIC Case Number: U-660018231