NV NV - Christine Nelson, 36, Carson City, 24 Aug 1986

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 1357DFOR

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1357dfor.html

Christine Ann Nelson
Missing since August 24, 1986 from Eugene, Lane County, Oregon.
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: December 14, 1949
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 36 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10"; 150 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes. Glasses with wire frames.
•Marks, Scars: Scar on right knee, chin, right eye, mole on chin, dimple right cheek.
•Clothing: Gray pants, striped shirt, black leather jacket, two tone black Nike athletic shoes and a gold helmet.
•Dentals: Available
•DNA: Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Nelson was last seen on August 24, 1986 in Eugene, OR.
She was last seen driving a 1973 Honda 500 cycle, with Oregon plates. Foul play is suspected.
Searchers found her Honda 500 parked near a quarry about 15 miles from her Jasper home. But they never found Christine.

Family believe her husband killed her in a fit of rage over their deteriorating marriage. Nelson often showed up to work at the University of Oregon library with bruises. Coworkers said she told them her husband inflicted them, although he was never charged with domestic violence.

They went to Carson City, Nevada, in August 1986 to pick up two Studebakers which the husband had purchased for his collection. Investigators know she made it to Carson City, but the trail ends there. The husband is the only one who says he saw her in Oregon. The husband claims they returned home on August 23.
He told investigators his wife took her motorcycle out the next morning and vanished. But investigators and Christine's family believe that the husband parked the motorcycle at the quarry on Sears Road to make it look like Christine had left him.

In 1993, Christine's mother sued in Lane County Circuit Court to have her son-in-law declared her daughter's killer to prevent him from benefiting from her life insurance and retirement holdings. They reached a settlement, in which Christine's husband did not admit guilt but released any interest in his missing wife's estate.
Christine Nelson was declared legally dead in the process.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Lane County Sheriff's Office
541-682-4167
or
541-682-4141
Email

Agency Case Number:

NCIC Number:
M-583740990
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
California Department of Justice
Lane County Sheriff's Department
National Center for Missing Adults
The Register Guard
Unsolved in the News

http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=1860407000160

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200503388S

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/n/nelson_christine.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/888
NamUs Profile:
Dental: NA
DNA: NA
Fingerprints: NA

Christine has been missing 24 years. Come home soon.

Attachments

• CANelson.bmp
    51 KB · Views: 2
  • CANelson1.bmp
    67.4 KB · Views: 2
  • CaNelson2.bmp
    55.7 KB · Views: 2
Eugene Woman Still Missing 25 Years Later

Days away from a monumental 25th anniversary of a cold case, the victim's sister has yet to give up.

Pam Wallis says in August 1986 her sister Christine Nelson, 36, from Eugene went missing.

All police ever found was her motorcycle off I-5 near the Saginaw exit.

More: http://kezi.com/news/local/221245

Hmmm. No one saw her since the trip to Carson City? There are two main routes those of us in the Eugene area take to get to CC. One is highway 58 and the other is highway 89. I think I'll work on this one as time allows and perhaps connect her with an IUD along one of those two routes.

The sad thing is that neither one would be an easy one in which to ever find remains. :(

30 year cold case: 'Anything could have happened between Carson City and Eugene'

http://kval.com/news/local/30-year-cold-case-anything-could-have-happened-between-carson-city-and-eugene

Christine Nelson disappeared August 24, 1986, 30 years ago Wednesday.

“She just disappeared, no indication of accessing funds, credit cards, she just vanished,” said Kurt Wuest, a retired detective from the Lane County Sheriff’s Office.

“So, I know it's been a long time and maybe people are hiding something, or are afraid to say something, but if they know something, I'm just praying they'll come out front and say something,” said Pam Wallis, Christine Nelson’s sister.

He said Phil Nelson, Christine’s husband, is still a suspect in her disappearance, but they never filed charges.

“Well, the problem is the last time she was actually seen by anyone other than Phil, was in Nevada. So anything could have happened between Carson City and Eugene. She could be in the desert; she could be in the hills out here. We just don't know,” Wuest said.

Cold case investigators are still at work. Wuest said over the years they’ve interviewed many people associated with the family.

Thumbnail

Demographics
Missing Age36 Years
Current Age69 Years
First NameChristine
Middle NameAnn
Last NameNelson
Nickname/Alias--

SexFemale
Height5' 10" (70 Inches)
Weight150 lbs
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last ContactAugust 24, 1986
NamUs Case CreatedDecember 12, 2008
Last Known Location Map
LocationEugene, Oregon
CountyLane County

Circumstances of DisappearanceChristine was last seen driving a 1973 Honda 500 motorcycle with Oregon plates in Eugene, OR.
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlond/Strawberry
Head Hair DescriptionBlonde
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBlue
Right Eye ColorBlue
Eye DescriptionBlue
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Scar/mark
Scar on right knee, scar on chin, scar on right eye, mole on chin, dimple on right cheek

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Accessories
Gold helmet

Clothing
Striped shirt, gray pants and black leather jacket

Eyewear
Glasses with wire frames

Footwear
Two tone black Nike athletic shoes

R/O

upload_2019-11-19_15-1-35.png

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

At the risk of sounding crazy, I'd like to pose a theory here and would love some feedback so I can move on from this one. I have read that Christine, allegedly, "ran off with another man" and some of her family members believed it was possible this may have been the case. Neal Falls grew up in Eugene OR and was known to still reside in the area at the time of Christine's disappearance. Had she actually ran off with this "other man", had it been Neal Falls he would be familiar with the area. She would have been at ease with him which could explain why her bike was found the way it was. It may be a stretch but I would love some feedback to see what someone else thinks about this possibility. The catch that I keep hitting is that at the time of her disappearance she was 36 y/o. Falls would have only been 17 at the time, however, the woman that eventually ended up killing him stated that she believed he had been doing this since high school. Again, I realize this may be a stretch but is it plausible that he was able to present himself as maybe 21-22, manipulated her by recognizing the vulnerability from the marriage going awry and used the opportunity to orient himself in murder?

I found this interesting

<<In 1993, Christine's mother sued in Lane County Circuit Court to have her son-in-law declared her daughter's killer to prevent him from benefiting from her life insurance and retirement holdings. They reached a settlement, in which Christine's husband did not admit guilt but released any interest in his missing wife's estate.

Christine Nelson was declared legally dead in the process.>>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back