IF there is a Mistrial .....

sassy_texasbelle2

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit
Reaction score
Do you think JB and CM will stay on for round two? Just wondering what you all think might happen if this case ends up that way. (God help us all if this does happen) I am about "Antony family" out of my mind now as it is.:banghead:

I don't think that JB or CM will make it to the trial. If JB is not disbarred than there truely is no justice in this world.
Speaking of which just a question, I honestly beleive that Cindy is going to blurt out in court that she killed Caylee by accident and that Casey is covering for her or George will, or Cindy will claim that it was George or something along those lines, if something like that happens will they declare a mistrial? Or what will it take to have a mistrial?

Interesting topic, the various bizarre things that could cause a mistrial.

Jury tampering is one possibility that comes to mind.

I don't know if JB could stay onboard, unless he was assured of some kind of money-Love him or hate him, he needs to make money...and he cannot easily make money on this case anymore since he has been caught with his hand in the "selling stuff to the media" cookie jar.
CM is the one that I would assume would hit the door the fastest as he said he was ready to retire before, but I actually think he could be the one to stay. If this were his case from the beginning, I think soooo many things would have been different-The media front is the biggest difference I think he would have made over Baez-Don't think he would have been quite as enamored with chasing Geraldo out to sea. There are things that he has been trying to "subtly" correct since he did come to the defense table, latest being the 'TES missed Caylee's remains' thing.
Best case scenario for KC would have been to have TerranceL stay on her team. If his client did not agree to an insanity plea, which she would not have, he would have been forced to work on her case from every practical angle available to him, including not putting on a defense at all. But I have a feeling he would have followed the course of the law moreso that the current course of the outrageous.
BEST case scenario for KC would be to have someone like our "own" RichardH, a more skeptical person, RH does not seem to be in awe of the media (doesn't mean he is shy of the media, he is just not like a little puppy dog waiting to lap up the media kool-aid like JB is); RH may not have had 5000 lawyers in and out of the team....He can write for himself here, but I think his personality would have done more justice to KC's status as a presumed innocent.
AL was well-qualified for KC, too, as much as her politics make me want to find the nearest pen and skewer my eyeballs with it. But as it all goes, she saw a losing case and ran for zee hills, maybe not such a good quality afterall.

I think CA will push her comments on the stand as far as she can push them to KC's side. Even the "Caylee is still alive" as stupid as that sounds to all of us. I hope if she does this LDB will ask her about the remains around her neck. I think the laughing boy will come off just as he does to us. How anyone can find the humor in a dead child is still one that pi$$es me off big time. GA will come off as he always does with the eye rolling and hot temper he shows. I also think there will be some problem with the jury that will cause a mistrial.

Do you think JB and CM will stay on for round two? Just wondering what you all think might happen if this case ends up that way. (God help us all if this does happen) I am about "Antony family" out of my mind now as it is.:banghead:

I think, based on other trials, that if there is a mistrial, there will be a retrial and Baez will vanish from view. He will stalk the media proclaiming how he "won" this case, and blah, blah, blah.

Look at other, more notorious trials where the prominent attorneys have taken a hike after a mistrial - Mark Garegos (who swore he would stick by his client) in CA vs Cameron Brown; Leslie Abrahms who defended one of the Menendez Brothers, and Linda Kenny Baden, who represented Spectre in his first trial.

Mistrials are good for the prosecution - it gives them a chance to correct their weaknesses. Defense attorneys hate mistrial because, usually clients wind up being convicted in the second trial.

I don't think that JB or CM will make it to the trial. If JB is not disbarred than there truely is no justice in this world.
Speaking of which just a question, I honestly beleive that Cindy is going to blurt out in court that she killed Caylee by accident and that Casey is covering for her or George will, or Cindy will claim that it was George or something along those lines, if something like that happens will they declare a mistrial? Or what will it take to have a mistrial?

That's a good point. Cindy's pathological, obsessive defense of Casey and choice to ignore basic, common sense evidence that Casey killed Caylee does make for potentially "interesting" behavior at trial.

She has a very devious yet childish or naive way of manipulating people and situations - and I think it will be obvious. Like when she didn't turn over credit card receipts, because SHE determined there was nothing relevant on them, or the disgusting behavior in the depositions - as if a misspelled name was going to throw the whole civil suit out...

My point is, I could see the little wheels turning in her head and thinking that if she admits to it, or blames someone else, then of course Casey would come home... I think she's already trying to set things up for that - and that's why she's making the ungodly ridiculous, sick claim that Caylee is still alive.

I think, based on other trials, that if there is a mistrial, there will be a retrial and Baez will vanish from view. He will stalk the media proclaiming how he "won" this case, and blah, blah, blah.

Look at other, more notorious trials where the prominent attorneys have taken a hike after a mistrial - Mark Garegos (who swore he would stick by his client) in CA vs Cameron Brown; Leslie Abrahms who defended one of the Menendez Brothers, and Linda Kenny Baden, who represented Spectre in his first trial.

Mistrials are good for the prosecution - it gives them a chance to correct their weaknesses. Defense attorneys hate mistrial because, usually clients wind up being convicted in the second trial.

Yes imo we will be hearing from the anthonys and Baez long after this case is over. The conspiracy theories haven't begun yet.

I don't know about a mistrial but JB can not "step down", due to a new law.

Attorney: New Law Prevents Baez From Stepping Down

POSTED: 5:21 pm EDT July 29, 2010
UPDATED: 5:40 pm EDT July 29, 2010

http://www.wesh.com/news/24442681/detail.html

Only leaves if ICA fires him and we know that won't happen until after she receives LWOP OR the death penalty.

Then she may get it.

If the jury can not agree on a guilty verdict, it only takes one person, then there will be a mistrial. Jury misconduct is another option, I believe.

I would hate to see a mistrial, because I am ready for this to be over...but, as said above the state usually obtains a conviction on the second trial, after a mistrial. I have no doubt the state will go for another trial should there be a mistrial.

I would be shocked if there was a mistrial (but, it wouldn't be the first time). From what I have seen Florida juries are likely to convict, when the evidence proves the crime. Many convictions are based on circumstantial evidence, and this case has an abundance of it. The huge amount of evidence, in this case, will secure Casey's conviction, I believe.

I don't see Casey's current lawyers staying on for a second trial...maybe she can get a public defender ?

I think Casey is already betting on a mistrial. She wrote to Cookie that Jose told her it'll probably end in a mistrial. I think that's the defense strategy!

I think Casey is already betting on a mistrial. She wrote to Cookie that Jose told her it'll probably end in a mistrial. I think that's the defense strategy!

NOW that makes me worried:sick:...ive mentioned my fear of her being "orlando's OJ" before. i KNOW she is guilty, but all it takes is one juror???:banghead:
=all i can do is pray that there are 12 men and women who will see past all casey/anthony camp/baez monkey business, remember who it is about, caylee, the little girl who never even got to go to preschool or even get potty trained, for christ sakes!done in by her own moms hands and the grandparents that have this "wrapped up in a coverup, and deep fried in a conspriacy?" ( ok last line,sorry guys, i need to quit watching monsters vs aliens w/ my kiddo)
but back to what i was saying, i pray that there are 12 decent honest men and women( i hope as many parents as there can be who LOVE their kids)and vote guilty...

Worth a bump considering the latest shenanigans with a "mock" jury and the mental health experts.

Is Baez going for a mistrial any way he can get it?

I think so.

We all need to say prayers that the jurors have common sense. That they will be able to see through all the sheer curtains the DT is going to put up between them and the truth.

the closer it gets to the trial, the more worried I get. I would not put anything past this bunch! Absolutely nothing including GA taking the fall for all this.

If the jury can not agree on a guilty verdict, it only takes one person, then there will be a mistrial. Jury misconduct is another option, I believe.

I would hate to see a mistrial, because I am ready for this to be over...but, as said above the state usually obtains a conviction on the second trial, after a mistrial. I have no doubt the state will go for another trial should there be a mistrial.

I would be shocked if there was a mistrial (but, it wouldn't be the first time). From what I have seen Florida juries are likely to convict, when the evidence proves the crime. Many convictions are based on circumstantial evidence, and this case has an abundance of it. The huge amount of evidence, in this case, will secure Casey's conviction, I believe.

I don't see Casey's current lawyers staying on for a second trial...maybe she can get a public defender ?

BBM - True, but they have to do something of enormity for that to happen. Several Jurors were replaced throughout the Scott Peterson case. It doesn't always end up in a mistrial.

the closer it gets to the trial, the more worried I get. I would not put anything past this bunch! Absolutely nothing including GA taking the fall for all this.

Don't worry so much, things do happen, but with a very experienced, wise beyond his years Judge Perry at the helm, he's already noted several times in open court that he's onto the many games of the Defense. I have complete faith in him.

I do believe that CJBP said there would be 12 jurors and 8 alternates for this trial. 8 alternates is more than the usual.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back