KY - Abandoned baby found near Highview dumpster

Lovejac

Reaction score
http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=13038634

The woman didn't want to be identified, but told us she was taking out the trash with her 3-year-old when she noticed some crumpled newspaper next to the dumpster appeared to be moving. She first thought it was an animal inside the paper, but then saw the baby's foot. The woman scooped the newborn boy up, brought him inside and called for help.

The woman who found the baby sounds like an amazing lady. I am glad she found the baby boy before it was too late. Hopefully this little baby will be adopted out to a loving family.

I just don't understand people who abandon babies like this. There are other options if you don't want to be a parent. It was a miracle that the woman was taking out her trash at that time, noticed the moving newspaper, and bothered to check it out. All of those things had to have happened for that baby to survive. It is astounding.

Thank God this woman waited to see what was moving, instead of bolting away for her safety. I hope the woman who bore this child will be found.

Thank God this woman waited to see what was moving, instead of bolting away for her safety. I hope the woman who bore this child will be found.

Seriously! When I think about it, it makes my skin crawl. I probably would have assumed it was a rat, grabbed up my kid, and run away.

wow..thank god baby was still alive, and the woman checked it out. i too would have thought it to be a rat or a possum. no excuse for this, especially now safe haven law is in all 50 states now!

I just want to say that I noticed that the baby boy was found outside of the dumpster, for some reason (I hope that it is because deep inside she hoped he would be found) instead of inside of the dumpster. (He most likely would not be found).

My wish is that the mother could have found a police station, fire department or hospital to leave the child she left. I am so greatful that he is ok. I am frustrated that children are being left behind like trash.

I pray and hope with all my heart that some sort message to let mothers know "safe haven" laws exsist and more information on how they work will happen in our communities.

Our children are never trash!!! Our situations might be trash, our lives might have been filled with experiences full of pain we wish to abandon..but our children never ever should be left behind to be forgotten.

I hope the little boy is safe and finds a loving home with someone who would never leave him behind. Give him a name that he can carry with pride, hugs and kisses and exceptance for the rest of his days.

A special thank you to the lady and your young child that took time out of their day to discover the mircle that young boy truely is.

So maybe the baby was never at the dumpster to start? Crazy... Funny how she made herself a hero instead of a villain but it backfired.. I still sort of hope that she isn't the mother and was a good Samaritan instead.

wow really Filly??? you need to sophisticate me, lol, i was blindsided.

:DI'll lend ya my crystal ball. Honestly I'm not sure what made me think it. Maybe because she had her 3 year old with her bringing out the trash? Naw. No, maybe it is because she said she thought it was an animal but then miraculously saw the little foot.

If it's true what would be her motive?:waitasec:

No matter here's positive vibes this little angel gets a wonderful life.

Wow! I wish they would explain WHY they think she's the mother. What's the comment about the ubillical cord being cut in a way that only a doctor would know how to do??

I have questions!! Lots and lots and lots of questions?????

ETA: so maybe the baby was never at the dumpster to begin with????

Okay. I found a better article.

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=13045535

"That's something we hope to determine is whether or not the baby was actually outdoors or if it stayed in her apartment the entire time," Smiley said.

A neighbor said Wednesday that she passed the dumpster eight minutes before the woman called 911 Tuesday night and she didn't see any newspaper near the dumpster and didn't hear any cries from a newborn.

Tuesday night, the woman who police now think is the mother said she would have liked to keep the baby she claimed to have just found, but she had kids herself, ages three to 15. She also said her apartment was crowded with five people already living in the three-bedroom unit.

Kosair Children's Hospital staff say the baby was a full-term baby boy, seven pounds, who may have even been in-utero for longer than 40 weeks.

"Today he's doing great," said Kosair Chief Nursing Officer Cis Gruebbel. "He's not on any oxygen or anything. He's feeding well and looks, based on clinical findings, as a normal, healthy newborn baby."

If she did make up the whole finding the baby story in order to give her baby away without anyone knowing it was hers I am totally ok with that and don't think she should get in trouble. After all she could have really left the baby and a dumpster or worse, like so many other stories we read on here. However the best thing would have been a police station but maybe she was scared of being identified...idk, it's a weird story.

She did hand him over to police IMO. She just had them come to her.....Perhaps she didn't want to bring her little ones along to the police station, fire station, hospital etc....

Kinda hard to drop a baby off anonymously when you have a bunch of inquisitive children tagging behind you.

She did hand him over to police IMO. She just had them come to her.....Perhaps she didn't want to bring her little ones along to the police station, fire station, hospital etc....

Kinda hard to drop a baby off anonymously when you have a bunch of inquisitive children tagging behind you.

Great post. I was thinking the same thing. At least she didn't leave the baby to die in a dumpster. If the story didn't reach the news I bet it would have just simmered down to nothing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back