FL FL - Jonathan, 8, & Mario Mordoche, 11, & Yakelin Llanes, 29, Miami, 28 Aug 1999

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 4242DMFL

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4242dmfl.html

Jonathan Mordoche
Missing since August 28, 1999 from Miami, Miami-Dade County, Florida
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: June 25, 1991
Age at Time of Disappearance: 8 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'7-4'8"; 85-90 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Black hair; brown eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Jonathan was last seen with his mother, Yakelin Llanes, and brother, Mario in Homestead. They were planning to travel to Tampa, FL to visit the boys father, and never arrived.
They may have been traveling in a brown 99 Chevy Malibu, rental car with Florida tag 6H830M.
When relatives had not heard from the family for two weeks, they reported them as missing.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Miami-Dade County Police Department
305-418-7200

Source Information:
FDLE
Florida Clearinghouse
Sarasota Herald - Sep 29, 1999

The Doe Network:
Case File 4243DMFL

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4243dmfl.html

Mario Antonio Mordoche

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: September 3, 1987
Age at Time of Disappearance: 11 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0-5'4"; 100 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Black hair; brown eyes.

Mario was last seen with his mother, Yakelin Llanes, and brother, Jonathan in Homestead. They were planning to travel to Tampa, FL to visit the boys father, and never arrived.
They may have been traveling in a brown 99 Chevy Malibu, rental car with Florida tag 6H830M.
When relatives had not heard from the family for two weeks, they reported them as missing.

Investigators

305-418-7200

Source Information:
FDLE
Florida Clearinghouse

The Doe Network:
Case File 2904DFFL

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2904dffl.html

Yakelin Llanes

Vital Statistics

•Date Of Birth: January 26, 1970
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 29 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 120-125 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White/Hispanic female. Black hair; black eyes.

Yakelin was last seen with her sons, Jonathan and Mario in Homestead. They were planning to travel to Tampa, FL to visit the boys father, and never arrived.

Investigators

305-418-7200

Agency Case Number: 451304W

Source Information:
FDLE
Florida Clearinghouse

I don't find the boys or their Mother listed in NamUs at this time.

Jonathon:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mordoche_jonathan.html

Mario:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mordoche_mario.html

Yakelin:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/llanes_yakelin.html
Note: No preparations of a trip seen in their apartment. Yakelin's toothbrush was left behind.

NOTE: This is not classified as a family abduction.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AIBAJ&pg=6829,5427538&dq=yakelin-llanes&hl=en
29 SEP 99

They have been missing 11 years. Come home soon.

Pictures from left to right:
Mario, Jonathon, Yakelin.

Attachments

• MAMordoche.jpg
    MAMordoche.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 55
  • JMordoche.jpg
    JMordoche.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 51
  • YLlanes.jpg
    YLlanes.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 50
Guardians For The Missing focuses on south Florida cold cases. They are currently working on this case.

http://www.bocalifemagazine.com/features/after-nephews-disappearance-broward-woman-founds-guardians-missing-solve-south-florida-cold

Yakelin Llanes and her two sons, Jonathan Mordoche and Mario Mordoche, have been missing since 1999. Llanes’ vehicle has never been recovered, leading McManus to believe they are in a body of water.

Alison McManus helped create the organization. Her nephew went missing in November of 2005 and the family had to conduct their own searches for him. Six months later, they found him at the bottom of a canal that was located less than half a mile from where he was last seen. During these searches, they found many cars submerged under water.

Mother, Two Sons Missing Since Trip - 1999 Article

NamUs - Jonathan

NamUs - Mario

NamUs - Yakelin

The canal theory came to mind when I saw this thread. There was a case where a mother and her children disappeared while on the way back from Miami area to Tampa Bay decades ago and they where found in a canal a few years back. So sad how many cars are probably in those canals.

Edit- I found the story http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...31_1_alligator-alley-canal-tampa-police-bones

Thank you for that story. I believe you wrote on another thread that "Florida takes a long time to give back their dead" or something along those lines. Whenever I read about a missing person in Florida, that line always enters my mind and it's unfortunately very accurate.

Yakelin and her children were driving to Tampa from Miami. I'm not familiar with Florida geography but I'm guessing this leaves open a lot of possibilities on where they could be. Assuming they are deceased and their fate was accidental.

Thank you for that story. I believe you wrote on another thread that "Florida takes a long time to give back their dead" or something along those lines. Whenever I read about a missing person in Florida, that line always enters my mind and it's unfortunately very accurate.

Yakelin and her children were driving to Tampa from Miami. I'm not familiar with Florida geography but I'm guessing this leaves open a lot of possibilities on where they could be. Assuming they are deceased and their fate was accidental.

There are so many canals and lakes in Florida that I can see the accident scenario on many missing persons cases over the decades. I'm sure other states have their specific topography which can be perilous too. For example the vast Rocky Mountains as well as the deserts and mountains in California and Nevada to name a few.

It is sad that families can't be sure if their loved ones are out there alive, in a canal or other body of water, or truly victims of some psychopath. It's even sadder that sometimes these disappearances that result in death via waterways could possibly be avoided with Florida putting up some guard rails or barriers along Tamiami Trail and Alligator Alley where many of the canals are.

I find it strange how the family didn't prepare for the trip and the mother tooth brush was at her home. How do we even know they were on their way to Tampa? did the police interview the neighbours who may have seen them last? so many answers needed my guess it could be an accident that they were on there way and got into difficulty or a possible abduction.

Had she driven this route before? Did she have a normal route she took? What was the weather like in late August? Any storms in the area beyond the typical afternoon rains?

So many questions. Are there any newspaper articles that would provide more details?

So the weather was bad when she left. They’re not far from home then if I had to guess.

So the weather was bad when she left. They’re not far from home then if I had to guess.

I agree. If the whole family is missing along with a vehicle, I a; sway think about bodies of water. If the weather was bad, that could increase the risk and cover tire tracks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back