Woman stuffs tiger into carry on luggage.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Link

Live tiger cub found in suitcase at Thai airport
By the CNN Wire Staff
August 27, 2010 12:36 p.m. EDT

Bangkok, Thailand (CNN) -- A live tiger cub hidden in a suitcase filled with stuffed toys was spotted as it went through a luggage X-ray at a major Thai airport, a wildlife trade monitoring network said.

Staff at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi International Airport contacted authorities after a baggage scan showed an item resembling a real cat in a passenger's over-sized bag, the non-profit organization TRAFFIC said Thursday.

Investigators found a sedated, two-month-old tiger cub when they opened the bag for inspection.

t1larg.jpg

This two-month old tiger cub was found stuffed in a woman's luggage at Bangkok's international airport.

Whatever the legal penalty for this is it probably isn't enough.

I thought this HAD to be my SIL (LOL). She's spent the last month at Boskoppie Lion Park in South Africa, and really fell in love with her babies. OTOH, she knows in her heart these little ones belong in the wild - not in a suitcase, drugged, in an airport. There's love for these animals, then there's the other side who are just selfish. What on earth was this woman going to do with the cub. They do grow up to be HUGE.

Here's a pic my SIL sent me this week :)

Hayley's baby.jpg

This is the wildlife sanctuary. I hope the newly rescued cub goes here.

http://www.tourismfeziledabi.co.za/...animals/boskoppie-game-reserve-lion-park.html

I thought this HAD to be my SIL (LOL). She's spent the last month at Boskoppie Lion Park in South Africa, and really fell in love with her babies. OTOH, she knows in her heart these little ones belong in the wild - not in a suitcase, drugged, in an airport. There's love for these animals, then there's the other side who are just selfish. What on earth was this woman going to do with the cub. They do grow up to be HUGE.

View attachment 10893

http://www.tourismfeziledabi.co.za/...animals/boskoppie-game-reserve-lion-park.html

I don't think her plan was for a pet. I think she may have had plans to sell it. JMO

View attachment 10893

Cute kitties. Did you email this story to her? If so, what was her response?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back