Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 3829DMIN

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3829dmin.html

Anthony Ray Lofston
Missing since August 30, 1993 from Terre Haute, Indiana
Classification: Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7"; 130 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: Black male. Medium brown hair; brown eyes. Medium complexion. Small earring in right side of nose. Small to medium frame, hair short, sometimes curly.
•Marks, Scars: Tattoos non visible on upper arm.
•Dentals: Straight teeth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Anthony Lofston was last seen in Terre Haute, IN on August 30, 1993.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Terre Haute Police Department
Detective Greg McClure
812-238-1661

Agency Case Number: 9355213

Source Information:
Indiana Missing Adults

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lofston_anthony.html

Anthony is not listed in NamUs at this time.

No archived or current articles for Anthony at this time.

Anthony has been missing almost 17 years. Come home soon. I wish there was a more clear picture.

Attachments

• Anthony Ray Lofston.bmp
    49.3 KB · Views: 16
I originally found out about Anthony from a woman I worked with who had gone to high school with him. We live in Terre Haute, Indiana. Searching for info was made even harder because everyone pronounced his last name "Lawson." I contacted Todd Mathews and he was able to confirm the information about Anthony and get him on the Doe Network.

The story that I was able to piece together is that several young men were involved in a scheme to make money - possibly check cashing, but I just can't remember. When the scheme began to fall apart, one of the young men turned up murdered. Anthony left home one day with another of the men and never returned. The police were able to make a case in the death of the first man and the killer received life with no parole. Anthony's body has never been found.

I have tried to keep Anthony's case in the public eye for my friend, who had been very fond of him. It is more difficult for me to get much info because some of the men involved have very large families who still live in the area. Anthony's mother has moved to another town, and the last I knew his sister and brother still live here - but they may have moved by now.

The only new info that i have been able to find on Anthony is that LE assumes that he is dead and are probably not actively searching for him. They believe that the man in prison for the other man's murder is also guilty of Anthony's.

Anthony Ray Lofston – The Charley Project

Last updated November 17, 2021; picture and clothing/jewelry description added, details of disappearance updated.

Anthony Ray Lofston
  • lofston_anthony.jpg
  • lofston_anthony2.jpg
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description: A small nose ring.
Details of Disappearance
Lofston was last seen in Terre Haute, Indiana on August 30, 1993. He said he was going with a friend to Indianapolis, Indiana. He never returned home and it's unclear whether he ever even arrived in Indianapolis. He has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.

I’ve lived in Terre Haute my entire life except for the three years that I moved to Indianapolis — anyways I’m a hautian born and raised, heavy into true crime & missing people, yet I’ve never heard of this case until today?

My god. It’s been 30 years since he disappeared. THIRTY.

Obviously someone knows something and has never spoke about it. What a shame. Rest in Peace, Anthony. I’m sorry that your case didn’t get the recognition that it deserved.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suvendudash
Back