GUILTY PA - Nicholas Pinto for sex abuse, child *advertiser censored*, Lackawanna County, 2010

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Nicholas Pinto doesn't have much to say about his abuse while locked up in Scranton.

Pinto is in a coma. However, he kept a diary. Yes he did and the diary says he suffered severe torture while being the low man in the prison heirarchy. Hey, we always get comments about Bubba but this is the first I ever read anything where it allegedly happned.

Anyway, there Prison Chaplain was miffed. He pushed a guard. Pinto aid he was raped nightly by a man he dubbed "Silverback". Punched around and paraded around naked.

Just awful. I mean the guy was getting his sentence for tying kids up in bondage under the noses of their parents and photographing them. BTW, he's from Connecticut and he brought all his camera stuff with him to PA to visit old friends.

This was these people's foster children he did this to.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i2XAABzcHMhyqaNI4H8JpHrmCozgD9HT9E9O0

As always Filly checks out more information on what she has read. Googling one Nicholas Pinto I come to find my jaw hit the keyboard. Up pops the good folks at Dreamin Demon who dislike pedophiles as much as Filly does.

This happened to one of their own members children.

A link to their thread is here.

http://www.dreamindemon.com/2008/10/15/nicholas-pinto-shoots-children/

Once again reminding us that as diligent as we are these creeps know how to hurt our kids.

He took these kids down into the basement while their parents slept and played a tie up game as he told them. Then he photographed them.

Oh and it looks like that prison up in Scranton has been asking for more help. Another prisoner beat down Nicholas Pinto and his cellie is going to attest to that. He's also got some charges going that he was abused as well.

Oh I just read that the system removed this poor boy out of the DD's home. She was going to adopt him. I pray the young man is getting good help. The saddest thing is that he told his mom he thought Pinto was making a movie about kid's in prison. Talk about karma.

Pinto also went by the aka Isaac Becks. Thank goodness he was caught when he was. Caught rehdhanded by cops after kids in a pool told their dad he was in their yard photographing them in the pool.

I read this earlier, Filly, and I didn't want to post it as I don't really know how to respond. I abhor what this man did. He's wicked and vile. But this is America and I believe that men and women serving their time should be physically safe. Period.

It was so sad reading the posts on DD. The foster mother, as far as I can tell, has never gotten her foster son back, even though she was completely cleared of any suspicion. I feel so bad for all of them.

I sometimes think I would like someone to experience prison justice, but when faced with the actual fact of a case, I know that I don't really subscribe to that philosophy. It just doesn't feel right. While the man is vile, he shouldn't be in a coma. I will be interested to see what comes out in the investigation.

I'd say if he were to file a lawsuit (assuming he ever comes out of his coma), he'd probably win.
As far as I understand, if government has taken him into custody, it should be responsible for his well being. Whatever is it he is alleged to have done is irrelevant.

You know this story really really made me think. In a good way.

We as society do advocate the punishments these people receive in prison either actively or passively. Sometimes jail time doesnt feel like enough, and it is hard not to jump on the bandwagon of the prison hierarchy....but no one should have to go through what he went through if it is accurately depicted. I think it is quite telling that they kept their own prison chaplain from him...someone who had been serving the population for 25 years. I bet he knows where all of the bodies are buried so to speak.

Boo Hoo...my heart bleeds for this man:snooty:...I'll swallow a band-aid

oops, sorry, i'm fresh out of empathy, I gave it all to the child victims...

I'm not sure how to respond to this either.

Is it right? No
Do I feel completely bad that it happened? No
Do I know I'm wrong to think that? Yes.......

I'm not sure how to respond to this either.

Is it right? No
Do I feel completely bad that it happened? No
Do I know I'm wrong to think that? Yes.......

I see your point mysterygirl. For now i'm subscribing to the old saying, if your gonna do the crime, ya gotta do the time.

Maybe, just maybe, if the prisons were alittle rougher, so many wouldn't be so willing to do the crimes.

These child victims have had there lives scarred forever, their whole life altered by this Pinto's impulse. This cannot be erased for these children. God Bless the children.

That's unfortunate.

Not. Although I don't think it's right that anyones treated that way, my empathy level is pretty low at the moment.

I am a little bit ashamed of myself. I'm trying to feel bad, I know I should...but I don't.

I have had it with these sick pieces of filth. I am sick to death of what they do to innocent children to satisfy their sick, perverted desires. Have I become hard and jaded? yep, I guess!

I think it is quite telling that they kept their own prison chaplain from him...someone who had been serving the population for 25 years. I bet he knows where all of the bodies are buried so to speak.

That's what got me, believe. Then again I was wondering "If he's in a coma why keep the Priest from him?"

From what I can see all we have is a "diary".

People get beat down in prison every single day. Somehow the guy got to him.

Should he have? No.

This guy wrecked he*l on this little boy's life. He had the evidence a kid with an electrical wire over his eyes? A kid tied up. What was he gonna do with that? I'll tell ya what? Spread it all over the free world to every pervert on earth. Revictimize these kids. Children of his own friends.

There's justice and there's revenge.

How'd this one wind up?

Gee, I'd love to feel sorry for him...but I just can't. He got a taste of what hell will be like when he gets there. I can't feel sorry for him, all it was was a free preview.

I see your point mysterygirl. For now i'm subscribing to the old saying, if your gonna do the crime, ya gotta do the time.

Maybe, just maybe, if the prisons were alittle rougher, so many wouldn't be so willing to do the crimes.

He was doing his time for the crime he was sentenced for. That should not include being abused in prison by inmates and guards, and I truly hope those that are involved will get punished accordingly.

Perhaps I watch to much Lockup on MSNBC..but from what I have seen from those shows, show prisons are pretty rough as it is. Some people are going to commit crimes regardless of how rough a prison is, making them rougher isn't going to stop those people, hell some commit crimes while in prison, consequences be damned to them.

While I have very little sympathy for the guy, he didn't deserve what happened to him in prison.

Do I think anyone injuring another human being is a good thing? No

Do I believe in karma? Oh yea!! Be careful how you live your life!

I sometimes think I would like someone to experience prison justice, but when faced with the actual fact of a case, I know that I don't really subscribe to that philosophy.

Belinda and me, we're on the same wavelength.

There have been plenty of times when I've felt that furious burn, fantasizing about a terrible criminal's being forced to experience the horror they inflicted on their victims. Fantasizing about someone who's victimized me being forced to experience fear and pain.

Then I read about a case like this and I realize that what I really want from criminals when I feel that way is
  1. for them to realize and sorrow over the horror of what they inflicted, and
  2. for them never to be able to harm anyone else again.

And I realize: #2 is the goal. Harm reduction is the goal. Anything else is a waste of time and resources, a distraction from the real goal, and a sin.

Anything that increases harm instead of reducing it is a waste, a distraction, and a sin.

Anything that adds brutality to my society instead of removing it is a waste, a distraction, and a sin.

Revenge for the sake of revenge is a waste, a distraction, and a sin.

And I realize: in the long run, #1 — teaching empathy — is the way to get to #2.

I live in the United States of America. In my country, the powerful should protect the vulnerable. That's our standard of decency. That's what we expect from everyone. That's iron-clad. And the way we demonstrate to our people how iron-clad it is — that it extends to every aspect of life, how we treat every human being — is that we protect the vulnerable even when the vulnerable are the despicable.

If I thought revenge justice made people happier, I'd move to Iran.

Hmmm.

This prison that Pinto was in doesn't seem right to me. According to one article posted earlier the warden and guards had used to prisoners as free labor in their homes...

And some years back the guards didn't take a pregnant inmate to prison when she said she was in labour, so she gave birth alone in her cell?

No, no, no.

Many guards are so horny for power and authority that they themselves become criminals. I cannot like that one bit.

Belinda and me, we're on the same wavelength.

There have been plenty of times when I've felt that furious burn, fantasizing about a terrible criminal's being forced to experience the horror they inflicted on their victims. Fantasizing about someone who's victimized me being forced to experience fear and pain.

Then I read about a case like this and I realize that what I really want from criminals when I feel that way is
  1. for them to realize and sorrow over the horror of what they inflicted, and
  2. for them never to be able to harm anyone else again.

And I realize: #2 is the goal. Harm reduction is the goal. Anything else is a waste of time and resources, a distraction from the real goal, and a sin.

Anything that increases harm instead of reducing it is a waste, a distraction, and a sin.

Anything that adds brutality to my society instead of removing it is a waste, a distraction, and a sin.

Revenge for the sake of revenge is a waste, a distraction, and a sin.

And I realize: in the long run, #1 — teaching empathy — is the way to get to #2.

I live in the United States of America. In my country, the powerful should protect the vulnerable. That's our standard of decency. That's what we expect from everyone. That's iron-clad. And the way we demonstrate to our people how iron-clad it is — that it extends to every aspect of life, how we treat every human being — is that we protect the vulnerable even when the vulnerable are the despicable.

If I thought revenge justice made people happier, I'd move to Iran.

Great post -- I feel similarly. Anger, outrage and horror (even despair) when confronted with a particular crime are absolutely justified, IMO. But the desire for revenge as well as justice -- certainly on the part of bystanders/spectators -- seems to me to degrade us all. Something like an idealized restorative justice, in which outcomes help to address a social, familial and perhaps even psychic balance, strikes me as the best we can expect to do in this world.

My doctoral research focused on the Newgate Calendar, a collection of famous criminal cases and arguably the first true-crime literature in book form. Even in that more bloodthirsty time there was a sneaking feeling that the deterrent of hanging (for in excess of 1000 offences) worked poorly as a means of preventing crime. As a way of neutering some criminals, of course, it worked reasonably well.

best,

s

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff