Hurricane Earl

Dark Knight

Reaction score
uhaE_2_640x480.gif

http://hurricane.accuweather.com/hurricane/atlantic/2010/earl/storm.asp?partner=accuweather

Saying prayers and keeping my fingers crossed that Earl just skirts the coast (if that). I'm on the East Coast and I get a bad feeling about this one. I hope I'm wrong.

Saying prayers and keeping my fingers crossed that Earl just skirts the coast (if that). I'm on the East Coast and I get a bad feeling about this one. I hope I'm wrong.

I hope so, too. :(

Major prayers going up from New Orleans for the East Coast to be spared from the brunt of the storm.

My disabled Mom lives in NJ, and doesn't watch TV often. I called her last night, and said "hey, watch the news, there's a hurricane coming!" Her best friend is in NYC, and is also disabled, so I told her to call and let her friend know, too.

I hope to call tonight and get some sort of 'plan' in place for them, but am not at all sure what to plan for. Give me an earthquake anyday, you know?

Any suggestions? Both are elderly (in their 80s), disabled, and not very mobile...

Best-
Herding Cats

Herding Cats, is there anyone else you know in the area that you might could call and have them keep an eye on her? Other than that the only thing I could think of was to alert the local LE that she's disabled and that she might need looking in on or even evacuated. I hope it doesn't come to that but it never hurts to be prepared.

If it doesn't get that bad then she should at least be prepared for a power outage. Does she use any type of machinery for her health? Prescriptions (some on hand if she thinks she might run out...I think most pharmacists and doctors are understanding and will give you four or five extra pills), water for at least five days, canned food for the same amount of time, a flashlight with fresh batteries, battery operated radio...

I'm sure you're familiar but it helps me to list it so when I go to the store I know exactly what I need to get.

I checked the current 10-day forecast for 08060 in NJ where my dad lives, and it shows sunny days with just 30% chance of a "few showers" for Friday. Thanks for posting this, and I'll keep checking, but so far I don't think at least the part of the state where he lives expects much from it.

It's Name Is Earl. (Sorry couldn't help it, lol.) :crazy: Probably no one remembers the TV show, anyways, hehe.

We have a daughter and little granddaughter that lives in Charleston.

Please pray for all of those who may be in the path of this hurricane.

My prayers are with them all.

IMO

Many prayers for everyone in the hurricane's path and also that it goes out to sea.......:praying:

praying that Earl turns away...y'all East Coasters be safe.

I am praying that Earl fools the forecasters and stays well away from the coast line. I am praying for everyone that may be affected by the storm.

GB them.

Prayers here als for the people in the path of earl.........
hoping he changes course

My granddaughter and her husband is at Pope AFB and Ft. Bragg respectively (N.C.). They are looking forward to going to Springfield, Va., just outside of D.C. to her other grandmothers for Labor Day. They are going to leave around noon on Friday. They usually go I-95. I want them to still be able to travel and want the weather to be good.

The entire East Coast is so beautiful and I pray it stays that way. Many years ago, my husband and myself sat on a bench at 'The Battery' in Charleston, S.C., and just loved the sight of the water there. I have pictures of the many homes that were restored there and they are amazing.

Prayers that your daughter and granddaughter are safe and sound, oceanblueeyes. Hurricane Earl needs to just make an abrupt turn out further to sea!

Mother Nature churned out Danielle, now Earl, and Fiona is still a storm out there. Mother Nature needs to chill out and settle down!

Accuweather was saying this could be a top 10 year for hurricane activity. So far they are right.

I have been watching this storm for days hoping it would not stall and end here in Florid with us. I am still fearful with the bad memories of 04.
Please follow the reports, get prepared, and for goodness sakes if he comes your way, get out of dodge.
The most important thing is to have a plan.

I have been watching this storm for days hoping it would not stall and end here in Florid with us. I am still fearful with the bad memories of 04.
Please follow the reports, get prepared, and for goodness sakes if he comes your way, get out of dodge.
The most important thing is to have a plan.

Yes, I hope peeps have a plan!!

Here is a great resource for all about creating family and even business plans. I didn't realize that I was drastically underestimating how much water my family would need for 3 days, until I went to this site.

http://www.floridadisaster.org/

Hope everyone stays safe!!!

latest I heard this morning was that Earl (and yes Dark Knight I remember the show and sometimes watch it still in syndication) was taking a slight easterly path. It will be off shore from VA Beach but might be closer to the Outer Banks of NC. We won't see any effects here until late tomorrow and if it continues the way it is now, it'll be over for us by Friday afternoon. I did hear the local weatherman says something about Boston and Canada (was it Nova Scotia?).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back