GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #5

Thanks for the new thread. I can't believe that this dna test would be 'relegated' to cheapest way possible - I am thinking that they are 'dramatically' holding out on the results of the dna until the tox screens are done. Sadly, it could be a long time.

Thanks for the new thread. I can't believe that this dna test would be 'relegated' to cheapest way possible - I am thinking that they are 'dramatically' holding out on the results of the dna until the tox screens are done. Sadly, it could be a long time.

I couldnt imagine them going the cheapest route possible either, then I thought about it and realized the sheriff is probably thinking his suspects arent likely to run and that budgets are tight, why not wait?
It drives us crazy, but I suppose Yavapai sherriffs office has had enough going on the past couple of months, that theyre not worried what we all think :(

As for Charity, I dont even think shes here in Arizona to be camped out at the sherriffs waiting for results. I thought they sent her back to Indiana or wherever "for her safety" awhile ago.

Yes CN is in Indiana again, has been less then a week after going to AZ. at first said on fb that it was for her safety. Now she says it was for theirs as LE told her to go to where she would not do anyting dumb, everchanging stories.

I read this and became very disheartened and sad, if F.B.I. has the results as a poster mentioned this could be horrible long wait...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-20013042-10391695.html

What concerns me the most is that the 'guilty' are 'free' at this point - somehow that doesn't seem right to me.

What concerns me the most is that the 'guilty' are 'free' at this point - somehow that doesn't seem right to me.

so right there newone! not to mention people seemto get locked up more quickly in other cases...even for lesser crimes. Compare Sylar and Kyron's cases to other missing/murdered children..well they haven't been found. I should point out that Baby Gabriel's hasn't been found and his mother has been locked up since December...no body, no proof she killed him yet she is locked up

so right there newone! not to mention people seemto get locked up more quickly in other cases...even for lesser crimes. Compare Sylar and Kyron's cases to other missing/murdered children..well they haven't been found. I should point out that Baby Gabriel's hasn't been found and his mother has been locked up since December...no body, no proof she killed him yet she is locked up

Yeah but didn't she write something to her ex about his baby's cold dead blue body? (sorry don't remember the exact words but...I do remember it was sick as heck!)

Yeah but didn't she write something to her ex about his baby's cold dead blue body? (sorry don't remember the exact words but...I do remember it was sick as heck!)

Hi mmmagique,

I think that maybe you are thinking about Gabriel Johnson and his demented "mother" Elizabeth. We seem to having a lot of tragedies here in Arizona lately.

Here's a link to the baby Gabriel's threads:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=380

I agree with you newone. If the remains that were not found were not Sylar's they would have told us so that searches would have continued Even if they weren't done by LE, they would want the public to know to keep their eyes open.

How long have we been waiting now for the results?

I can't even remember, it's been so long :(

I agree with you newone. If the remains that were not found were not Sylar's they would have told us so that searches would have continued Even if they weren't done by LE, they would want the public to know to keep their eyes open.

I dont know that they would have, remember Don found the body after the Sherrifs department had stopped looking. I remember because it really bothered me when they announced that they thought he was dead. I didnt think it was right to assume anything like that without a body, or blood evidence. The sherriff said they were basing that on the fact that the dogs returning over and over to the campsite, a sign that he never left on his own. I always thought, well that is a sign someone carried him away from the site, but not that they killed him. I figured the police had some sort of evidence they were withholding from the public but as time goes on and no arrests are made I'm starting to question that. I'm thinking they have only assumptions and need the forensic evidence processed to back up those assumptioms before they can do anything. This really scares me though because so far, with cases like Emmetts, they havent been to spot on with all their "assumptions".

I haven't seen that they've released the remains for burial/cremation yet either. Westcott Funeral home still shows the memorial date as undetermined as of yet.

Something that I was thinking about:
Let's assume for a moment that this case was a horrible accident similar to Emmet Trapp and there was no adopto-mom, drug use history, etc. That is was just a normal, average family whose toddler got lost while camping and everyone is beside themselves with grief waiting to bury their loved one. If they are just looking for a positive ID, could you imagine the pain an anquish a family would go through waiting for weeks to get their loved one released to them? You'd think that the processing would be faster for a suspected criminal case than it would be for the above mentioned scenario.

If I lost one of my children and needed to wait for DNA to come back before they'd release the remains to me, I'd lose my mind! It's been 3 weeks since they found him.

Not sure if I was able to get my point across clearly, so I apologize it I didn't make any sense.

yes, I was answering the question as to why Gabriel's "mother" would be locked up in prison, and not Skylar's "adopto mom" and grandmom.

:couch:I shouldn't be here until I have had my morning coffee.:coffeeup: Sorry mmmagique!

I haven't seen that they've released the remains for burial/cremation yet either. Westcott Funeral home still shows the memorial date as undetermined as of yet.

Something that I was thinking about:
Let's assume for a moment that this case was a horrible accident similar to Emmet Trapp and there was no adopto-mom, drug use history, etc. That is was just a normal, average family whose toddler got lost while camping and everyone is beside themselves with grief waiting to bury their loved one. If they are just looking for a positive ID, could you imagine the pain an anquish a family would go through waiting for weeks to get their loved one released to them? You'd think that the processing would be faster for a suspected criminal case than it would be for the above mentioned scenario.

If I lost one of my children and needed to wait for DNA to come back before they'd release the remains to me, I'd lose my mind! It's been 3 weeks since they found him.

Not sure if I was able to get my point across clearly, so I apologize it I didn't make any sense.

You've actually made a really good point here. Perhaps they did not put a rush on it because of the situation. Think about it, it is not the "average" family. You have a child that has been passed around to whomever is interested at the time. The Adoptomom is suspect, if not of murder, than at least of neglect. The bio-mom has handed the child over to various people since he was born, not overly concerned for him from the beginning. Maybe LE didnt think anyone would be suffering "pain and anguish"or "losing their mind". Maybe they figured none of these people cared enough about where he was when he was alive, why worry now? So they didnt put the rush because they figured know one would care. Its sounds terrible, but I think we can all agree, more people have shown love and attention to Sylar in death, than they ever did in life.

You've actually made a really good point here. Perhaps they did not put a rush on it because of the situation. Think about it, it is not the "average" family. You have a child that has been passed around to whomever is interested at the time. The Adoptomom is suspect, if not of murder, than at least of neglect. The bio-mom has handed the child over to various people since he was born, not overly concerned for him from the beginning. Maybe LE didnt think anyone would be suffering "pain and anguish"or "losing their mind". Maybe they figured none of these people cared enough about where he was when he was alive, why worry now? So they didnt put the rush because they figured know one would care. Its sounds terrible, but I think we can all agree, more people have shown love and attention to Sylar in death, than they ever did in life.

Good point. Kind of the opposite of what I was thinking, but you may be on to something. I was just thinking that if they take this long for a possible homicide, which you'd think would be priority, could you imagine how long it would take for a case of accidental death?

I would think that NOT putting a rush on a homicide case just because the family involved is trash (for lack of a better term) would be discriminatory. You'd think they'd have to follow some sort of protocol regardless of the situation.

Since they found him on August 10th, its been a little over three weeks.

Thank you so much Wintersdawn. Okay, I'll try to be patient but I guess we have up until 45 days. <sigh> Even then, the LE can chose not to release COD right?

Thank you so much Wintersdawn. Okay, I'll try to be patient but I guess we have up until 45 days. <sigh> Even then, the LE can chose not to release COD right?

I think LE can withhold COD for a number of different reasons. Not every jurisdiction does that as a matter or course, but since we know COD for Emmett, seems to me that would not be the case here. They may also chose to withhold COD from the public if the DA is putting together a criminal case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back