Cat left abandoned in cat cage named 'Kitty Penitentiary' found floating on McKay Bay

Sleuthster

Verified - friend of Wendy Huggy
Reaction score
Website
cynthiaparrott.blogspot.com
This is sick! Who would do this to a cat??????:furious::furious::furious:

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...tty-penitentiary'-found-floating-in-mckay-bay

YBOR CITY, Fla. - Animal abuse took another ugly turn on Wednesday, but the result was a happy ending.
Authorities were contacted after a good Samaritan reported hearing a cat's cry on the waters of McKay Bay around 3 a.m., according to the Hillsborough County Animal Control.
The unidentified person retrieved the cat which was stuck inside a plastic airline-style pet carrier and set adrift on the water.
On the outside of the container the words "Kitty Penitentiary" were written by hand. The female cat underwent veterinarian care and was found to have a number of metallic pellets in her chest and stomach area as if she was shot with a small caliber weapon. She was listed in guarded condition.
Animal Services would like to speak to the person responsible for the animal abuse but are in need of the public's help to identify the person. Call them at 813-744-5660 or email them at info@hillsboroughcounty.org.
The Humane Society of Tampa Bay has stepped forward with a cash reward for information leading to an arrest in this case. Tips may remain anonymous.

I have no words-at least none that won't get me banned!!!:furious::furious::furious:

they should do the same thing to the person that did this...:furious::furious:

Whomever did this to poor cat, have no heart for animal. I'm sure the abuser might took it from someone and put it into the situation by drowning the victim. I'm glad that the carrier doesn't sink easily. I have 4 cats myself & they're wonderful pets for my family.

Hope that the abuser will be caught soon.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH why do I read this stuff...DISGUSTED!!

i keep trying to write a response but can't put a coherent thought together, i am so angry! :furious::furious::furious:

O/T but related -- we find abandoned animals out here in the desert (spayed neutered declawed etc) just left by their owners -- we have rescued some. We have words but none (as others have pointed out) that are 'polite'.

O/T but related -- we find abandoned animals out here in the desert (spayed neutered declawed etc) just left by their owners -- we have rescued some. We have words but none (as others have pointed out) that are 'polite'.

You should see the cats that show up on our property. UNBELIVEABLE!
I end up taking care of them and animal outreach helps spay/neuter and find homes for the kitties.
Right now I have at least 15 roaming the property. One that couldn't be spayed because she was still nursing, well, she just gave birth to another 5.
We still need to foster out 6.
I spend nothing on me so I can feed them. It's not their fault and they're cute as heck. :) But fooey on the jerks that dump them. One little guy was declawed and neutered before they dropped him.:banghead:

This is sick! Who would do this to a cat??????:furious::furious::furious:

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...tty-penitentiary'-found-floating-in-mckay-bay

YBOR CITY, Fla. - Animal abuse took another ugly turn on Wednesday, but the result was a happy ending.
Authorities were contacted after a good Samaritan reported hearing a cat's cry on the waters of McKay Bay around 3 a.m., according to the Hillsborough County Animal Control.
The unidentified person retrieved the cat which was stuck inside a plastic airline-style pet carrier and set adrift on the water.
On the outside of the container the words "Kitty Penitentiary" were written by hand. The female cat underwent veterinarian care and was found to have a number of metallic pellets in her chest and stomach area as if she was shot with a small caliber weapon. She was listed in guarded condition.
Animal Services would like to speak to the person responsible for the animal abuse but are in need of the public's help to identify the person. Call them at 813-744-5660 or email them at info@hillsboroughcounty.org.
The Humane Society of Tampa Bay has stepped forward with a cash reward for information leading to an arrest in this case. Tips may remain anonymous.
I wouldn't exactly describe "guarded condition" with metallic pellets in her chest and stomach as a "happy ending". Yes, she's still alive, as of when the article was written, but this poor cat has a long way to go before I will be "happy". :cry:

I am totally disgusted :furious::furious::furious: at having to read yet another case of cat torture. At least in Florida there are laws against it as opposed to some other places it has happened recently.

Many prayers for "kitty" that she will recover from her injuries. :prayer: And many thanks to the good samaritan who rescued her! :clap:

I end up taking care of them and animal outreach helps spay/neuter and find homes for the kitties.
Right now I have at least 15 roaming the property. One that couldn't be spayed because she was still nursing, well, she just gave birth to another 5.
I spend nothing on me so I can feed them. It's not their fault and they're cute as heck. :) But fooey on the jerks that dump them. One little guy was declawed and neutered before they dropped him.:banghead:
Bless you for loving and taking care of them!!!! :angel: We have several also, all rescues. :)

There is such a lack of education on animal abuse, They need to go around to elementary schools and start teaching these young children that it is against the law. I actually saw a grown man today on some show say he didn't know shooting cats was against the law. He said he couldn't afford to have the cats neutered or spayed and I guess they don't have a pound where they live. He was arrested on animal abuse charges and that's how he understood it was against the law. The judge called him an defective person.

ok..calmed down a bit from yesterday..

what a beautiful kitty. you can see the fear in her eyes though. i hope she finds a forever home where she is loved and spoiled rotten.

The cat is so affectionate, it's a real shame someone would do that to a cat.

did you guys read what was written on the cat carrier? If you watch video at the above link in the first post it shows it around the 53 second mark. Hopefully this had given them clues about who did it.

did you guys read what was written on the cat carrier? If you watch video at the above link in the first post it shows it around the 53 second mark. Hopefully this had given them clues about who did it.

You can also click on photo above the video and it will show you a pic of the carrier. I hope they find "warden Missy" real soon and put her in the pen.

Thank you so much, I wish I could do what you do. I only have one now, she was found freezing at a gas station last winter. I don't have the space or funds, or I'd take them all. Mom and her neighbors feed a brood, there's a lot of land near them, they've done 'trap neuter release', in return the (feral)kitties keep the area rodent free. 'Warden Missy' can come see me, I have a special place for people who torture furbabies :mad:

I kind of confused why they just don't remove the pellets imbedded in the cat. From what I recall of the video they said that 'unless the pellets become a problem' they can remain there. I don't think that pellets are good for critters (maybe someone who knows more can correct).

I kind of confused why they just don't remove the pellets imbedded in the cat. From what I recall of the video they said that 'unless the pellets become a problem' they can remain there. I don't think that pellets are good for critters (maybe someone who knows more can correct).

maybe the pellets are lodged in a place where it would be a risk to remove them? i have no clue, but i know that there are humans who survive shootings that have bullets remaining in them. maybe its the same for furry friends?

OMG!! They really need to find who is responsible for this crime before any more abuse happens!!:furious:
Cat that was shot, dumped into bay prompts growing reward
snip-
Hillsborough County Animal Services spokeswoman Marti Ryan said investigators are still trying to find out who hurt Lovey.

Animal services, she said, is taking this attack seriously.

"There was a scorecard on side of carrier" that mentioned other cats killed, she said.

"We don't know whether that is real or part of fiction," she said. "But this is how really, really bad people begin. They practice."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38977180/ns/local_news-tampa_fl

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back