FL FL - Gail Russell, 30, Bayonet Point, 4 Sept 1995

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 1328DFFL

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1328dffl.html

Gail Ann Russell
Missing since September 4, 1995 from Bayonet Point, Pasco County, Florida.
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: February 11, 1965
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 30 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 135 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark brown shoulder-length hair; brown eyes. Medium complexion.
•Marks, Scars: Scars on her left wrist; scar on abdomen.
•Clothing: She was last seen wearing blue jeans, white sneakers and white socks and a yellow t-shirt. She may also be wearing a gold wedding ring with a small diamond.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Gail Ann Russell was sleeping beside her boyfriend and their two young sons in their trailer when a strange noise drew her out of bed. It came as a tapping on the glass windows of the front door around 1 a.m. on September 4, 1995. The boyfriend said he sat up in bed but returned to sleep when he saw Russell already was rising to answer the knock. Russell hasn't been seen or heard from since.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Pasco County Sheriff's Office
800-854-2862

Agency Case Number:
95-35553

NCIC Number: M-864895640
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Pasco County Sheriff's Office
The Tampa Tribune
Nations Missing Children Organization

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/russell_gail.html
Much more detailed circumstances at Charley Project.

Gail is *not* listed in NamUs at this time.

Many archived articles, all pay-per-view.

Gail has been missing almost 15 years. Her children deserve answers.

Come home soon.

Attachments

• Gail Ann Russell 1.bmp
    49.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Gail Ann Russell.bmp
    45.2 KB · Views: 6
Updated link to The Charley Project page

Still not listed on NamUs, also not listed on Florida's Missing Persons page (MEPIC :: Search). However, she is listed on the Pasco County Sheriff's Office webpage.

Quoted from The Charley Project [italics are mine]: "Podolski told authorities that they woke up to tapping on their windows at approximately 1:00 a.m., and Russell got up to investigate. Podolski fell back asleep shortly afterwards and when he woke up later in the morning, Russell was gone. She has never been heard from again." Interestingly, the sheriff's listing for this MP says she was last seen wearing blue jeans, a yellow t-shirt, white sneakers, and white socks. If she was in bed and heard a knock on the window, why was she wearing jeans and sneakers?

For some reason I feel a strong attachment to this case. I just read about it yesterday and discovered that this happened right next door to where i live. The home has since been torn down and it sits as an empty lot. An empty lot where my 3 kids have played. Trying to find more information about this case.

Updated link to The Charley Project page

Still not listed on NamUs, also not listed on Florida's Missing Persons page (MEPIC :: Search). However, she is listed on the Pasco County Sheriff's Office webpage.

Quoted from The Charley Project [italics are mine]: "Podolski told authorities that they woke up to tapping on their windows at approximately 1:00 a.m., and Russell got up to investigate. Podolski fell back asleep shortly afterwards and when he woke up later in the morning, Russell was gone. She has never been heard from again." Interestingly, the sheriff's listing for this MP says she was last seen wearing blue jeans, a yellow t-shirt, white sneakers, and white socks. If she was in bed and heard a knock on the window, why was she wearing jeans and sneakers?

My thoughts exactly! Why would she have shoes on in the middle of the night but not her contact lenses? He said she was only checking the door because she heard knocking.

I mean obviously I can't say 100% that her husband was responsible but like it all points to him in my eyes. And their sons.. ugh I feel even worse for them. I don't know them personally, but one of her sons was on an episode of COPS a few years back (Season 30, Episode 11) and I read somewhere that he passed away last year. (Also can't say for sure but I believe it was drug related). Her other son, I believe the younger one, has been in an out of prison for years according to arrest records. I hope at least someone out there is still looking for answers in this case, as I myself also feel a strong attachment.

The Missing: Gail Ann Russell checked on a tap on the window, she hasn't been seen since
"If you want to be released from this demon you need to speak up,” Gail's sister said.
542f145b-e545-4326-9331-180762384e42_750x422.png

Credit: Pasco County Sheriff's Office

PASCO COUNTY, Fla. — It’s a cold case that still haunts Gail Ann Russell’s family. The 30-year-old mother of two young boys disappeared on September 4, 1995.

Her live-in boyfriend told investigators at the time there was a tap on the window of their home around 1 a.m. He said Gail went to check it out and that he went back to sleep. Gail hasn’t been heard from since.

“This was wrong. This is deep in the soul if you really want to do the right thing you need to come forward. This is something that no one should keep as a secret,” Gail's sister Karen Lynn Russell said.

The Pasco County Sheriff’s Office searched the area near their home in Bayonet Point. Gail’s boyfriend, and the father of her 3 and 5-year-old boys, was never charged with a crime.

Now, 26 years later, her family hopes someone wil finally speak up.

“You hold a secret like that, it’s going to fester. If you want to be released from this demon you need to speak up,” said Karen Lynn.

If you know anything, you're asked to contact the police immediately.
The Missing: Gail Ann Russell checked on a tap on the window, she hasn't been seen since | wtsp.com

Gail Ann Russell was last seen inside her family’s trailer in the vicinity of the 7100 block of Oakley Avenue in Bayonet Point, Florida on September 4, 1995, where she and her live-in boyfriend, Larry Podolski, went to bed at midnight.

Podolski told authorities that they woke up to tapping on their windows at approximately 1:00 a.m., and Russell got up to investigate. Podolski fell back asleep shortly afterwards and when he woke up later in the morning, Russell was gone. She has never been heard from again.

Podolski stated that $245 in cash disappeared from the residence that night; the couple had planned to use the money to pay bills.

Podolski claims he called the police to report Russell’s disappearance at 1:00 p.m. the same day she vanished, but was told he had to wait 48 hours, so he did not report her missing until 7:27 p.m. two days later. The Pasco County Sheriff’s Office does not have a record of his phone call, however, nor do they have a policy of waiting two days to take a missing persons report.

Russell’s family told authorities that it was uncharacteristic of her to abandon her children and not share any travel plans with loved ones. She left behind her contact lenses, driver’s license and other belongs.

Podolski, who was the father of her two sons, had asked her to marry him. He claimed she said yes and they were planning on a February 1996 wedding, but Russell’s mother said her daughter was planning to leave Podolski and take their children.

Russell’s family describes the couple’s relationship as troubled, and they openly accused Podolski of murder after her disappearance. He admitted that he had problems with drugs and alcohol in 1995, but said Russell also had substance abuse issues.

She and Podolski had a violent, drunken argument in July 1995 and he was arrested, but the charges against him were dropped after Russell recanted her story, and she was charged with filing a false police report. Podolski said they were not having any problems by the time of her September 1995 disappearance.

Russell is considered endangered, but the circumstances surrounding her disappearance are unclear. Podolski died of a drug overdose in 2008. He was never charged in connection with Russell’s case, but is still considered a suspect.

For some reason I feel a strong attachment to this case. I just read about it yesterday and discovered that this happened right next door to where i live. The home has since been torn down and it sits as an empty lot. An empty lot where my 3 kids have played. Trying to find more information about this case.
I am Brian podolski my number is7278155134 I am her son

I mean obviously I can't say 100% that her husband was responsible but like it all points to him in my eyes. And their sons.. ugh I feel even worse for them. I don't know them personally, but one of her sons was on an episode of COPS a few years back (Season 30, Episode 11) and I read somewhere that he passed away last year. (Also can't say for sure but I believe it was drug related). Her other son, I believe the younger one, has been in an out of prison for years according to arrest records. I hope at least someone out there is still looking for answers in this case, as I myself also feel a strong attachment.
I am her son 7278155134 our life's have been bad I believe there will be no end to this if anyone knows anything plz lmk

I

Me and my brother have gone through a lot in life plz don't judge until u can say u have walked in my shoes. Why put this up here what for?
Brian-
Everyone here has a very deep sympathy for what your family went through. I don't want to speak for anyone else since I did not make the post you are asking about, but I do want to say, it was my feeling that the post was made to show the profound impact your mother's disappearance had on your lives. Not to pass judgement on you, just to understand the entire circumstances.
I have researched your mothers disappearance extensively and recently created a YouTube video to attempt to bring attention back to her case. I sincerely hope someone will decide to come forward with information so you can finally have the answers you deserve.

Me and my brother have gone through a lot in life plz don't judge until u can say u have walked in my shoes. Why put this up here what for?
I apologize. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that. I definitely didn't mean to come off as judging you or your brother because that is just not me, as I have my own issues as well. I truly wish the best for you, Brian, and I hope you can get answers in the disappearance of your mother and find peace.

Brian, Im sure ya'll have gone through a lot wondering what happened to your mom. I hope there is some closure one way or another for you and your brother. Did you or anyone in your family hear from hr after Sept 4 1995? Do you have any recollection of that day or where you very young? What do you think happened to her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back