NM - Child Found Covered In Feces, Rag Stuffed In Mouth, Albuquerque

White Rain

Reaction score
When will it end?

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- An Albuquerque mom is in custody after police said they found her baby covered in feces, and a rag shoved into his mouth.

Michelle Charley, 31, faced a judge in Metro Court on charges of child abuse on Wednesday. Police said she was arrested after they came to her northeast Albuquerque home for a welfare check on Tuesday.
more: http://www.koat.com/r/24850075/detail.html

31 years of age and she doesnt know or care to know how to change a diaper? God help me, but I am wondering what is her drug of choice...what other excuse is there? :(

I see-alcohol. What about the dude who was with her....didnt recognize that something was the matter?

It's so awful. Her myspace says that her daughter is her hero but it seems like that was before she had custody of the other children. Just too tragic.

The officer who responded to Michelle Charley's apartment at 3833 Montgomery NE said her 6-month-old baby was gagged with a used baby wipe and caked with his own feces from head to toe

"There was a wet wipe that was full of feces that was in the baby's mouth," Gibbs said.

He said the baby's entire body, including his eyes, also had dried feces, and his diaper was leaking.

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/Police-find-baby-gagged-with-baby-wipe

and from the video report KRQE, the daughter had been taken away from her from the 2005 report, when her daughter was found wondering by a bus stop, but then they returned the daughter to this mother later.

btw, the man that was with her at the apt., she met him at the gas station for the first time that same morning.

and from the video report KRQE, the daughter had been taken away from her from the 2005 report, when her daughter was found wondering by a bus stop, but then they returned the daughter to this mother later.

btw, the man that was with her at the apt., she met him at the gas station for the first time that same morning.

I didn't even know all that...keeps getting worse and worse...lets just PRAY TO GOD they don't take the kids and give them back in A MONTH like before.
It's a wonder the baby didn't suffocate.

When will it end?

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- An Albuquerque mom is in custody after police said they found her baby covered in feces, and a rag shoved into his mouth.

Michelle Charley, 31, faced a judge in Metro Court on charges of child abuse on Wednesday. Police said she was arrested after they came to her northeast Albuquerque home for a welfare check on Tuesday.
more: http://www.koat.com/r/24850075/detail.html

It will never end. Imo it will continue to get worse. So many mothers seem to resent their child and see them only as a burden instead of a precious gift from God that is to be loved and nurtured.

I am so sick of these so called mothers and what they are capable of doing to their own children, but if I continue to be on message boards reading what seems to happen on a daily basis now .........it will always be a never ending trail of tears for the innocent children. It is never going to stop and the mothers acts seem to be more and more sadistic and cruel.

Children like this one and others we know about now, but it is the fearful scared children that are unknown and nameless, that we do not know about, that are crying out in the middle of the night, hoping someone helps them get out of their own hell behind closed doors.

These little children are voiceless but they are there.....waiting.... hoping that someone saves them too and takes them away and will love them unconditionally.

IMO

Ocean--ITA, it will never end as humans are human. I, too, grieve over every abuse, every loss of life. But we can't let our tears keep us from acting. There are almost 400,000 children in the US waiting for a permanent home.

I implore anyone who has a love of children, a stalwart heart, a wicked sense of humor, and a love of risk to pick up the phone and call to inquire about adoption or foster care. It should NEVER be done for altruism but out of a real desire to fill your life with children.

These are not story-book children, though. There is no leaving your troubles at the office. These children tend to shadow you. They are traumatized children who need far more than love, good food, and warm clothes. They need a lifetime of dedication, creative redirection, and acquiescence of our own needs. It's the hardest, nastiest, most heart-wrenching work you'll ever do. Your life will never be the same. You will cry and you will bleed. But you will never ever wonder "what if?"

I almost wished I hadn't read this :(

I am at a loss for words and fuming with anger.

Anyone know how the politics of all this works? As Native Americans, apparently there might be some dispute over who has jurisidiction over this case. I know nothing about tribal law. Beyond tragic.

It will never end. Imo it will continue to get worse. So many mothers seem to resent their child and see them only as a burden instead of a precious gift from God that is to be loved and nurtured.

I am so sick of these so called mothers and what they are capable of doing to their own children, but if I continue to be on message boards reading what seems to happen on a daily basis now .........it will always be a never ending trail of tears for the innocent children. It is never going to stop and the mothers acts seem to be more and more sadistic and cruel.

Children like this one and others we know about now, but it is the fearful scared children that are unknown and nameless, that we do not know about, that are crying out in the middle of the night, hoping someone helps them get out of their own hell behind closed doors.

These little children are voiceless but they are there.....waiting.... hoping that someone saves them too and takes them away and will love them unconditionally.

IMO

Your post made me tear up...I try so hard to tell myself these things don't really happen, etc...
I hardened myself to stories like this for awhile, then I had my son 15 months ago, and it all started getting to me again.

Anyone know how the politics of all this works? As Native Americans, apparently there might be some dispute over who has jurisidiction over this case. I know nothing about tribal law. Beyond tragic.

I don't know how it works, but aren't all tribes different? As in regards to law I mean? They're kind of like mini States with their own tribal police. Some tribes I believe have the end say. Again, not positive.

My big question is who watched that infant when she went to the gas station? If she bought the baby with her nobody saw the child covered in pooh? I mean it couldn't have been brand new this feces if it dried and was in so many places.

Lucky she didn't drive drunk to pick up her child. Then again she had herself a man in the house. An infant she could gag. What would she have done with the other kids?

Fire Water. She really needs help. Bad.

This is strange. The mother was convicted for chikd abuse, but this was overturned on appeal. The document says the baby was found, with his mother, covered in faeces, but there's no mention anywhere of a rag or baby wipe being in his mouth.

The police officer took a photo of the baby on his phone before bathing him. He said the baby had faeces in his eyes and ears, but this could not be seen on the photo. Faeces could not be seen on the baby's face in the photo. The appeal judge writes that the prosecution did not prove their case that the child was at "substantial and foreseeable risk", because they did not provide evidence that having an overflowing diaper and being covered in faeces was dangerous, and they could not prove how long the baby had been in that condition.

https://www.courtlistener.com/opinion/2676629/state-v-charley/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back