You are Desiree and Terri took your son

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jade2010

Former Member
Reaction score
WWYD?
You, Desiree, know for a fact, from LE, that Terri took your son, what would you do?

One thing that really really bothers me is how Desiree holds herself in these news conferences. She, all my opinion of course, is not how I would act if Terri had my son. If Terri had my child I would bend over backwards not to offend her, pride be damned!, and I would plea everytime I could for Terri to bring my child home. I would NOT say things like "I don't play that way" or things to that effect that make me sound much holier than Terri or that would piss her off. I would not say Terri you're going to jail (Terri would already KNOW THAT) or anything of the sort. First and foremost would be getting my child home safely and alive (or even not). Who goes to jail matters not. That can be dealt with AFTERWARDS. Then, after my child is home, I can be as snooty as I want.

Another thing, I would be planning how I could get to Terri alone. I just would want to talk to her alone in a room and no one know we are together.

AND, of course, my personal opinion is that Terri is not involved.

I agree. This is one thing (among many things) I haven't understood in this case. I don't think anger or "psychological" pressure would make the perp want to do the right thing, imo, it could very much set them off.

I think when you don't know what else to do, you use whatever psychological ammunition you have at your disposal.

Who is prepared for this?

Who knows how to deal with evil?

When your child is on the line (imo) you do whatever it is YOU think of will work. I would imagine she at least seems to know TH better than the general public, even if it's only a mask that was shown.

I agree, Jade. I think Desiree has been taking a big risk, in continuing to antagonize Terri every chance she gets, considering that Desiree believes Terri hid Kyron somewhere and that he is still alive. I am surprised that someone would not have reined her in by now, warned her that she could be making things worse, or maybe she already has. What if they later find out that Kyron was alive for a time, and Terri had stashed him, but then once Desiree started accusing her in public, calling her a liar, etc...Terri had Kyron killed?

I don't think Kyron is alive, but I do think this is a very poor strategy, if she is trying to get Terri to talk or to confess or admit to knowing the wrong people, or anything at all.

What I don't understand is Desiree seems to think Terri did this for revenge or to hurt Kaine and herself, and that Terri is loving the attention. So why feed into that? Why not ignore her completely, refuse to answer any questions about her, refuse to bring up her name at all? If she's such a sociopathic narcissist, why give her the satisfaction? Why not simply focus on Kyron and Kyron alone?

I think part of it is that deep down they realize that the media wants this drama, they want to hear all the accusations being thrown at Terri. If Kaine and Desiree stated unequivocally that they would not discuss Terri at all (like Gates did in the last LE PC), I think the media would back away and show less interest in interviewing them. While I'm sure they are interested in what happened to kyron, their primary concern ($$) is dependent upon this remaining such a salacious, bizarre case. And for that, they need all this dirt being thrown at Terri.

If I were Desiree, I think I would have caused bodily harm to Terri at this point. At the least I would say, "Until you tell what you did with my son, I will hunt you down, I will haunt your dreams, I will dedicate the rest of my life to seeing that you do not have one moment's peace until you produce my son. And if you harmed one hair on his head, I will guarantee that you will regret it every single, miserable second of your existence."

Play nice with Terri? LE tried that and it got them nowhere. Why should Desiree hold back? Why would she make nice? As if Terri would go, "Gee, they're all so nice. Guess I'll give them back their son now." And focusing on Kyron instead of Terri? I don't even understand what that means. Terri is the key to finding Kyron. Talking about what Kyron is like is not going to locate him.

I do not know how I would respond. This is one question, err, thread.. that I can't say, "I'd do (insert amazingly awesome response here)!"

I'm guessing that I'd lay in the front yard of her parent's home in Roseburg, bawling my eyes out, begging for my baby.

I'd like to think that I'd consult many various doctors to get their recommendations as to what I should or should not do. But who knows.. 'cause I think I'd end up in the front yard, sobbing so hard that I had snot all over my face and the grass.

The fact that Desiree or Kaine can keep their composure as they have is just astounding to me. I say that as my being in awe of them, not that I question them.

If I were Desiree, I think I would have caused bodily harm to Terri at this point. At the least I would say, "Until you tell what you did with my son, I will hunt you down, I will haunt your dreams, I will dedicate the rest of my life to seeing that you do not have one moment's peace until you produce my son. And if you harmed one hair on his head, I will guarantee that you will regret it every single, miserable second of your existence."

Play nice with Terri? LE tried that and it got them nowhere. Why should Desiree hold back? Why would she make nice? As if Terri would go, "Gee, they're all so nice. Guess I'll give them back their son now." And focusing on Kyron instead of Terri? I don't even understand what that means. Terri is the key to finding Kyron. Talking about what Kyron is like is not going to locate him.
And yet they've claimed all along that this is about Kyron and no one else. Kaine did so in his interview at the wall.

I simply don't understand why they should feed into her need for attention, if they truly believe she's an attention-seeking narcissist.

It is about Kyron and I think that should logically include not going off on the person you think is holding him hostage. It just isn't a wise strategy. If you think a person is evil enough to have taken your child and hidden him away where he would be terrified, if even alive, why would you continue to bash on this person in such a public way? You can do that later, once your child is retrieved. Desiree says she feels Kyron is alive-I think, for her own sake and Kyron's, it is not a good idea to say some of the things she has said to and about Terri. I'm not saying I know what I would do, but I would be very afraid of making the person I thought was responsible angrier and more vindictive.

Maybe someone can explain to me how acting nice to Terri would bring Kyron back? How specifically would that work?

Seems to me like if Terri thought everyone was pretty cool with her, she would NOT want to spoil her image by releasing him, allowing him to tell everyone how she took him out of the school that morning and what she did with him. If everyone thinks she's a monster, on the other hand, and already believes she "stashed" him or even killed him, she has much less to lose by allowing him to come home.

I would have to be heavily sedated to stop from shaking her until the truth fell out. I just don't think I have it in me to maintain my composure when it comes to anyone harming my children.

No one is saying that if Desiree was nice to Terri, Kyron would be home. But if there is even a chance he is alive, I for one would not want to be the one to enrage her further. Terri would already know that she is facing probably a life sentence or a very long one for kidnapping. She isn't going to crack either way in my opinion. But then again, I don't think he is alive and Desiree does, so that is why I think she should have been more cautious.

Maybe someone can explain to me how acting nice to Terri would bring Kyron back? How specifically would that work?

Seems to me like if Terri thought everyone was pretty cool with her, she would NOT want to spoil her image by releasing him, allowing him to tell everyone how she took him out of the school that morning and what she did with him. If everyone thinks she's a monster, on the other hand, and already believes she "stashed" him or even killed him, she has much less to lose by allowing him to come home.

FWIW, I'm not suggesting that they should be nice to Terri. Not by any stretch.

If Kyron is alive somewhere, Terri is not the person taking care of him. So, unless she has an Igor or something who would harm him at her command, I don't see how enraging her would endanger him.

I don't think he is alive. But if he is, the only scenario that I could possibly believe is that he would be within a network of people who believe they are protecting him. These hypothetical people wouldn't harm him at Terri's say so. But they might return him if they could be convinced that Terri lied to them.

We would play russian roulette until i got the truth.

bsbm

How would I act ? Similar to what Steadfast and Beyond Belief said. I would reach the point where enough is enough.

WWYD?
You, Desiree, know for a fact, from LE, that Terri took your son, what would you do?

One thing that really really bothers me is how Desiree holds herself in these news conferences. She, all my opinion of course, is not how I would act if Terri had my son. If Terri had my child I would bend over backwards not to offend her, pride be damned!, and I would plea everytime I could for Terri to bring my child home. I would NOT say things like "I don't play that way" or things to that effect that make me sound much holier than Terri or that would piss her off. I would not say Terri you're going to jail (Terri would already KNOW THAT) or anything of the sort. First and foremost would be getting my child home safely and alive (or even not). Who goes to jail matters not. That can be dealt with AFTERWARDS. Then, after my child is home, I can be as snooty as I want.

Another thing, I would be planning how I could get to Terri alone. I just would want to talk to her alone in a room and no one know we are together.

AND, of course, my personal opinion is that Terri is not involved.

I agree with your statement (bbm) - from the get go I thought ''whoa Nellie'' .
As it is KH & DY are becoming the darlings in the media eyes and from TH's point of view (after all she did the daily grunt work) this is too much to bear and this must be ''getting up her nose'' for sure. It's much more fun to be a Disney parent (part time fun loving one) than the tough parent who makes sure homework gets done, teeth get brushed etc. on a daily basis. KH & DY could have done a better job of ''team building'' if they wanted cooperation from TH (MOO)

We would play russian roulette until i got the truth. I am not saying I am off the fence w/Terry, thats just how i would respond to a situation like this.

Please remember to vote for Giancarlo our Gerber contestant
every day.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113382&highlight=gerber

I do not know how I would respond. This is one question, err, thread.. that I can't say, "I'd do (insert amazingly awesome response here)!"

I'm guessing that I'd lay in the front yard of her parent's home in Roseburg, bawling my eyes out, begging for my baby.

I'd like to think that I'd consult many various doctors to get their recommendations as to what I should or should not do. But who knows.. 'cause I think I'd end up in the front yard, sobbing so hard that I had snot all over my face and the grass.

The fact that Desiree or Kaine can keep their composure as they have is just astounding to me. I say that as my being in awe of them, not that I question them.

How would I handle this? More than likely all three of the above in any given order.

At this point in time, 3 months out, I know myself well enough to know that I would be:

1. Baker acted by now.

2. Arrested and in jail for stalking her.

3. Arrested and in jail for assault with intent. ETA: Aggravated assault.

Seriously. I'm not joking.

I applaud Desiree & Kaine in the manner in which they share their thoughts on the case of their missing son, Kyron.

I would be the last person to judge another mother or father while they grieve for their missing child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer