GUILTY TX - Jade Allsop, 5 mos, suffocated in sexual assault, Copperas Cove, 26 Jan 2005

Missizzy

Reaction score
http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/101693518.html

Soldier Charged In Infant Sex Abuse Death Had Multiple Victims

"COPPERAS COVE (August 31, 2010)--Joseph Allsop, who’s held in Pierce County, Wash., on a Coryell County capital murder warrant stemming from the sexual abuse death of his 5-month-old daughter in 2005 in Copperas Cove, had multiple victims and Tuesday authorities encouraged any parents with concerns to come forward....

and

"...Allsop evidently intends to fight his return to Texas after he refused Monday to waive extradition.

He was stationed at Fort Lewis, Wash. at the time of his arrest, which came after an investigation that originated in early June in Guadalupe County where Allsop was a suspect in the sexual assault of his son...."

and

"...According to an arrest affidavit released Monday, Allsop told an Army CID agent that he had sexually abused a number of young children including his infant daughter "J"...."

He told the agent that on Jan. 26, 2005, he placed his baby daughter on a bed and “penetrated her mouth with his male sexual organ,” restricting the baby’s airway and causing the infant to gasp for breath.

He ejaculated into the toilet, returned to find the infant not breathing, and staged the scene so that it would appear the baby had been put in her crib with a bottle..."

and

"...Investigators have determined that Allsop was a convicted sex offender as the result of an incident that occurred while he was a juvenile in Oregon, police said....."

More at link (with instructions on whom to call with information--also 76 comments and counting)

They need to release where he lived in TX. He may have lived in more than one place other than Copperas Cove.

They need to release the general address in Copperas Cove.

We were at Hood in 05 but his name doesn't ring a bell, (it's an enormous instillation) and I don't remember this child's death (I used to read the paper every day).

More information:

http://www.ksat.com/news/24849667/detail.html

"He wrote a 12-page confession of everything he'd ever done to my son, my daughter and my youngest son," Allsop said. "The details of his statement were disgusting and gruesome and I couldn't believe that a person was capable of doing such horrible things to children."

In addition to confessing to molesting his own kids, Allsop also admitted to sexual contact with two other children outside of the family.

Investigators learned Allsop was previously convicted of a sex crime as a juvenile while he was living in Oregon.

He was supposed to register as a sex offender when he turned 18 but apparently never did.

S. Allsop said she had no idea she was living with a "monster."

more at link

Kat--If you read the second story I just posted, there's a wife's name. I'm not sure why they chose not to release his photo.

We need to remember that these are just the children he's admitted to killing or abusing. Being that he's been an offender since he was younger, it's highly likely that there's been more victims. I worry about children in Iraq who crossed his path too.

I'd love to know where he came from in Oregon, if anyone knows.

All I can say is this is horrible.... This poor woman what she must live with as far as the sadness and demons in her mind.... I hope the children are not the only ones getting support and therapy. I commend her for supporting her boys and letting him know he is a hero, I am so glad he was able to have a voice and also be heard by mom. God bless this family.... and may he rot in prison. I hope they give him life and he never gets to prey on babies again. But .... how many victims won't come forward, and you are absolutely correct, how many were in Iraq. Oh God this is horrible.

Life in prison is too good for this monster. I honestly don't think there is punishment enough for him.

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that people like this exist. They actually live and breathe on the same earth as the rest of us. What possible twist of genetics could cause such a freak to be birthed into our world?

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that people like this exist. They actually live and breathe on the same earth as the rest of us. What possible twist of genetics could cause such a freak to be birthed into our world?

Great question. An answer to this would be priceless for our children.

Yes, Belinda, it's shocking and mind-numbing. Sometimes these monsters live next door or are relatives of our children's caregivers or popular teachers or coaches or doctors. We must cross paths with them frequently as they stand in line with us smiling at our little ones at Safeway. Isn't that the horror?

I also wonder how many victims can't or won't come forward. Often when families see what one victim goes through with an investigation and trial, they choose to stay silent as they don't wish that sort of agony on their own child.

I've found a man with the same name as this man, only older, who lives near me. Please, if anyone sees mention of where this man incurred juvenile charges in Oregon, I would appreciate you posting that info. Or if family of the victims come on board and that info can be divulged, I'd really like to know. Often when someone is arrested for an adult crime, earlier crimes will then be disclosed.

I really wonder how he hid his juvenile charges from the recruiters?

I never told anyone about being sexually assaulted several times by a neighbor until I was an adult. When I finally told my mother, she said it was my fault for going over there. That is why people don't disclose and keep their secrets. I've never, to this day, told another living soul exactly what was done to me. Not even my husband.

I am the third generation from a 'monster' such as this- they do exist- I can vouch first hand. My opinion, it was done to him, I am sure he did it to my mother, he did it to me, but it stops here. I believe certain perpetrators choose VERY young victims for the sole purpose of getting away with it FOREVER. Had this sweet child not died he very well may have. I have much more I would like to say but not sure this is the time. I am so relieved that it has ended for him- at least it better have!

I've found a man with the same name as this man, only older, who lives near me. Please, if anyone sees mention of where this man incurred juvenile charges in Oregon, I would appreciate you posting that info. Or if family of the victims come on board and that info can be divulged, I'd really like to know. Often when someone is arrested for an adult crime, earlier crimes will then be disclosed.

I really wonder how he hid his juvenile charges from the recruiters?

Now That is the million dollar question!

I am the third generation from a 'monster' such as this- they do exist- I can vouch first hand. My opinion, it was done to him, I am sure he did it to my mother, he did it to me, but it stops here. I believe certain perpetrators choose VERY young victims for the sole purpose of getting away with it FOREVER. Had this sweet child not died he very well may have. I have much more I would like to say but not sure this is the time. I am so relieved that it has ended for him- at least it better have!

Bless you for your strength to overcome and stop the chain. Sending good, healing vibes your way.

I am so very sorry that you carry the weight of your trauma alone and in silence. Thank you for believing in us here at WS enough to unburden those facts. I wish I could hug you right now. It is a double assault to be blamed or have people deny your victimization, and you are absolutely right- that is why MANY victims never come forward. You are brave and wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

It's my understanding that juvenile records are sealed. However, some higher level felony records can be accessed through certain levels of background checks. Apparently this man's juvenile record is in Oregon, where I live. I've been told this by Oregon officials, concerning our own rape case, as I was concerned our children's rapist could move to another state and not register or somehow seek inappropriate employment. Let me see what I can find in the statute.

Personally, I think the recruiter is going to come under a good deal of scrutiny.

http://www.oregon.gov/OSP/SOR/faqs.shtml

"Youth adjudicated of a sex crime in juvenile court can apply for relief from registration 2 years after their supervision end date. Application is made to the district attorney or juvenile court in the county in which they are residing and a court hearing is scheduled. For more information about relief from reporting requirements, see ORS 181.607-181.608 (juveniles)." [Renumbered 181.823]

Instructions and regulations concerning this NEW law (2008):

http://www.oregon.gov/OSP/SOR/docs/Instructions_HB2333.pdf?ga=t

Scroll down to:

"Persons adjudicated in Oregon juvenile courts use the “IN STATE – Juvenile
Motion and Affidavit” form on this website."

The Oregon Revised Statutes. Scroll down to the renumbered statute 181.823:

http://www.leg.state.or.us/ors/181.html

The statutes are very clear about which juvenile offenses can be sealed and which registrations can be waived. However, please note that these laws were recently changed in 2007-2008. I have no idea concerning the level of Allsop's juvenile crime nor the date of his entry into the armed services. I've heard anecdotally that recruiters often help young recruits with expunging juvenile records but I don't know this to be true of sex crimes. I don't believe that any Class A or B Felony sex crime can remain sealed.

I am so very sorry that you carry the weight of your trauma alone and in silence. Thank you for believing in us here at WS enough to unburden those facts. I wish I could hug you right now. It is a double assault to be blamed or have people deny your victimization, and you are absolutely right- that is why MANY victims never come forward. You are brave and wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you for such an awesome note. It brought tears to my eyes. WS is the only place I would trust with such a thing. It seems all the smart, caring people on the planet are on WS. It has been a blessing to me beyond measure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back