Deceased/Not Found TX - Myrtle Green Hudson, 34, Port Arthur, 11 Sept 1986

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 545DFTX

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/545dftx.html

Myrtle Ann Green Hudson
Missing since September 11, 1986 from Port Arthur, Jefferson County, Texas.
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: November 10, 1951
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 34 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10"; 150 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: Black female. Brown eyes, black hair.
•Marks, Scars: A mole on her neck and a scar on her left leg.
•Clothing: Last seen wearing jeans and white tennis shoes
•Dentals: Available. She has a large gap between her top front teeth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Myrtle Hudson was last seen in Port Arthur, Texas on September 11, 1986. Her purse, car and keys were found at her home.
When Myrtle's husband came home from work, he knew instantly that something was wrong. His 3-month-old daughter was sleeping peacefully, but his wife wasn't there.
Less than an hour later he found the lifeless body of his 18-year-old daughter, Willette. She was found deceased in the attic of the attached garage of the family's small, rented home in east Port Arthur.
An autopsy revealed that Hudson's oldest daughter was strangled sometime between 13.00 and 16.00. There were no signs of a struggle.
The intruder apparently gained entry by breaking a window in the front door. Drops of blood were found in the house.

Police linked Tommy Lee Stewart to the double slaying of Myrtle Hudson and her daughter, and DNA evidence linked Stewart to the crimes. Stewart, already serving a life sentence for a sexual assault conviction, confessed to the killings and told authorities where they could find Myrtle Hudson's body.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse
800-346-3243
Or
Port Arthur Police Department
409-983-8663

NCIC Number: M-213741206
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse
Houston Chronicle 9/13/86
Brownsville Herald 1/12/08

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hudson_myrtle.html
Man confessed. No charges as a condition of a plea.

Myrtle is not listed in Namus at this time.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/13720757.html?source=enews&c=y
January 12, 2008

Stewart told investigators he dumped Myrtle Hudson's body in a remote location on Pleasure Island.

Police say late last week they took Stewart to Pleasure Island and he led them to an area where they found some of Myrtle Hudson's remains.

I just stumbled on that I bolded above while looking for articles.

We need to contact LE and confirm she was found?

Myrtle has been listed as missing for 24 years. Come home soon.

Attachments

• Myrtle Ann Green Hudson.bmp
    59.2 KB · Views: 18
I sent an email to the admin's at Doe Network to see if they can verify whether or not Myrtle's remains were recovered in 2008.

My email got returned undelivered. I guess I had a bad email address for Doe Network. If someone knows how to get ahold of them please let me know. TIA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back