CA CA - Rosa Marquez, 31, Bell Gardens, 13 Sept 1983

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 2587DFCA

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2587dfca.html

Rosa Maria Marquez
Missing since September 13, 1983 from Bell Gardens, Los Angeles County, California
Classification: Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 28, 1952
Age at Time of Disappearance: 31 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0"( est) 120 lbs
Distinguishing Characteristics: Hispanic female. Reddish-brown, full hair; brown eyes.
Dentals: Not Available
DNA: Available at CA DOJ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Rosa Maria Marquez disappeared in the middle of the night from her Bell Gardens, CA home. On September 13, 1983 she tucked her two daughters into the same bed next to her. The girls woke up the next day, alone in the house.
Her husband claims that she ran off with another man.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Bell Gardens Police Department
562-806-7600

Agency Case Number: 2006-25383
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
AMW

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=49762
Snipped:
My Story - By Sasha Marquez
I unfortunately don't have many memories of my mother because she was taken from me at such a young age. But if there is something that I do remember, it is how my mother smelled. That sensation alone automatically conjures a slew of emotions for me: warmth, security and lastly, the most important one - love. All of that was taken from me the day I woke up and found my mother was missing.»

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/marquez_rosa.html
More details at Charley Project.

Rosa is not listed in NamUs at this time.

http://www.sashacarrion.com/Hypnosis-Los-Angeles-Trauma-Hypnotherapy-News.htm
As printed on August 6th, 2009, in three different Los Angeles newspapers

For almost a decade, she maintained a relationship with her father and his new family. She sent gifts. She visited often. Then one day, her uncle came to her with a confession.

"He told me, `I'm afraid if I die I'm going to have to face your mother on the other side,' " she said. "Then he tells me how my father killed my mother."

Carrion suspected her uncle's words were true.

"I called my father to confront him about this. He didn't admit it; he just told me to (expletive) off."

More at link. The woman interviewed is Rosa's daughter. Prayers to her. Heart wrenching to read how having a Mother missing can effect the Children that are left behind.

Rosa has been missing almost 27 years. Come home soon.

Attachments

• Rosa Maria Marquez.bmp
    54.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Sasha wearing the party hat celebrating her last birthday with her mother;.jpg
    Sasha wearing the party hat celebrating her last birthday with her mother;.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 9
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Demographics
Missing Age31 Years
Current Age67 Years
First NameRosa
Middle NameMaria
Last NameMarquez
Nickname/Alias--

SexFemale
Height5' 0" (60 Inches)
Weight120 lbs
Race / EthnicityHispanic / Latino

Circumstances
Date of Last ContactSeptember 13, 1983
NamUs Case CreatedJanuary 30, 2016
Last Known Location Map
LocationBell Gardens, California
CountyLos Angeles County

Circumstances of DisappearanceRosa Maria Marquez disappeared in the middle of the night from her home in Bell Gardens, California on September 13, 1983. She tucked her two daughters, ages five and three, into the same bed next to her. The girls woke up the next day, alone in the house.
Physical Description
Hair ColorBrown
Head Hair DescriptionReddish-brown.
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Eyewear
Glasses.

R/O

upload_2019-11-19_13-46-0.png

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

• rosa_maria_marquez_1.jpg
  • rosa_maria_marquez_2.jpg
Marquez, circa 1983
  • Missing Since 09/13/1983
  • Missing From Bell Gardens, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Hispanic
  • Date of Birth 07/28/1952 (71)
  • Age 31 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'0, 120 pounds

• Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Marquez's maiden name is Carrion. Her ears are pierced and she wears eyeglasses.

Details of Disappearance​

Marquez was last seen at her home in Bell Gardens, California on September 13, 1983. She tucked her two daughters into bed that night. When her daughters woke up in the morning, Marquez was gone and they were alone in the house. She has never been heard from again. Her husband said she ran away with another man.

Marquez and her husband were separated and in the process of a divorce in 1983. Their oldest daughter, who was five years old when her mother disappeared, describes her father as abusive and volatile.

Shortly after Marquez went missing, her husband went to Mexico, abandoning his children, who were brought up by their grandmother. He remarried there and had two more children. He died in 2007.

Marquez's disappearance remains unsolved. Her children believe she was murdered by her husband.

Investigating Agency​

• Bell Gardens Police Department 562-806-7600

Source Information​

Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 10, 2013; picture added.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back