Hurricane Igor forms in the Atlantic

LOL, Dark Knight! Igor sounds like a name maybe a cousin of the Adams family would have! (Munsters)

Let's hope Igor just fizzles out and does no damage!

Igor has been upgraded to a hurricane.

"Walk this way....no....this way." :crazy:

Hope Igor walks well away from the east coast. I'm weary of "I" named hurricanes after a snowy winter: in 2003 we had a record breaking snow event that February... then that September Hurricane Isabel took form, eventually leaving Maryland with over $820 million in damages (we were left in the dark for a couple of days). Now it is 2010 and yet again we had record breaking snow events this past February, and here it is September and another "I" hurricane is sitting near the same track Isabel took.

Stay away Igor... stay far, far away.

ITA on the "I" storms. Ivan the terrible in 2004 kept looping around his rehitting Florida.

Igor has rapidly strengthened into a Category 4 hurricane.

Can a mod please change the subject to Hurricane Igor, rather than Tropical Storm?

And I remember Ivan the Terrible, the only hurricane to hit Florida 4 times, it was the strangest thing anyone had ever seen.

http://hurricane.accuweather.com/hurricane/atlantic/basin.asp?partner=accuweather
The Atlantic is very busy with Hurricanes Igor and Julia and tropical storm Karl!
Prayers for those in Mexico where Karl is preparing to make landfall-

then -
Karl will move back over water in the southwestern Gulf of Mexico Thursday and should begin to intensify again before reaching the mainland of Mexico later Friday or Friday night. Karl is expected to reach hurricane intensity and make landfall in northeastern Mexico Friday night.

By AccuWeather.com Meteorologist Dave Houk.

The weather people are calling it Egor but it should be pronounced Igor. In young Frankenstein didn't the guy that played Igor say the same thing? Well anyway Igor is going north and poses no threat to US so bye Igor.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back