Amber Dubois' mother launches website

I was just looking at the website and they've scheduled a fundraiser for the rescue group to be held on February 13th. I can't attend due to distance, but I plan to support this group with a donation, a worthy cause.

Rest in peace, dear Amber.

Wow - only down the road from me, and MK and hunkyTommy Sablan is going to be there. What a great cause, and well worth the money.

http://kyxy.radio.com/2011/02/11/little-tommy-blog-sunday-tribute-for-amber-dubois/

MOO

Mel

ETA:

Sunday, at Infusion Church on West Felicita in Escondido, Amber’s mom is presenting the 22 people that make up the Search and Rescue team. It’s also a dinner and fundraiser. There’s going to be a great silent auction with many items like diamond rings to guitars signed by Blink 182.

Another great event for my fellow San Diegan's.

http://www.facebook.com/JeffandJerShowgram#!/chelseaslight

Date
Saturday, March 05, 2011 @ 7:30 AM
Address
West Side of Balboa Park
6th Avenue and Quince
Registration Closing Date
Wednesday, March 02, 2011 @ 11:59 PM

Brief Description
Finish Chelsea’s Run will feature a 5K run/walk (3.1 miles) and festival with booths, refreshments and entertainment.

The event is a fundraiser for the Chelsea’s Light Foundation's Sunflower Scholarship Fund, a scholarship program that will help San Diego youth realize their academic and community enrichment goals. It is the mission of Chelsea's Light Foundation to unite people who are passionate about protecting our children and inspiring positive change in their community.

Thinking of you and your family today, Amber. Rest in peace.

An excellent way to keep Amber's memory alive........and to honor her!

Remembering Amber's spirit today. Hard to believe it's been 2 years. This was the case that first brought me to WS. I donated to Team Amber Rescue. I feel it's the least I can do. I bet Amber would be proud of her mom and all the good work she is doing.

Tommy Sablan's tribute to Amber today:

Just like many of you in this church. I never had the honor of meeting Amber Dubois. But, just like all of you, AMBER lives in my heart. She truly does. Her spirit is right here in this room. Her spirit is doing wonderful things and leading her mom and all of us in to doing good things in her honor and in her memory.

I can’t say Amber’s name without quickly mentioning Chelsea. When I think of Amber I think of Chelsea and when I think of Chelsea I think of Amber. Together they will both forever be a part of me.

I had a very special moment the night before Amber’s public memorial service. Most of us in this room were working hard and setting up the football field with chairs and the stage and everything. We were done and it was late at night and I stayed to watch over everything. It was just me all alone literally on the 50 yard line. It was quiet, the lights were on and there was a spotlight on a big picture of Amber on stage and on the opposite side of the field was a flag pole but for some reason that flag pole looked like a cross and I felt God there and I felt Amber there. I felt Amber for the first time just checking me out making sure I was okay. AND it was a beautiful moment and a beautiful feeling that I truly shared with Amber that night.

I’ve lost a lot of people in my life over the years ever since I was a little boy. I believe the spirit stays and protects you. I see my dad and my brothers all the time, but I have learned to see them through my heart.

We all see Amber and Chelsea and Danielle and Pauly everyday through our hearts.

Today is a day we smile.

We should not be sad.

Carrie and Dave and Moe and Rebecca along with Allison will always remember February 13th…….But, we remember her life and what she means to all of us and now LOOK at all the good that is happening.

I remember at Chelsea’s service with her dad Brent said take that anger and turn it in to hope and with that hope GIVE.

Today, Carrie GIVES as she introduces TEAM AMBER….That’s why we are here. This is why we should be smiling, because Amber’s spirit lead her mom and Brad Dennis to correcting all those policies and procedures that Carrie faced two years ago and now she has a SEARCH AND RESCUE team that will help families regardless if they are classified as a runaway early on.

I am proud to be here but now it’s time to celebrate.

4d58b5d54d0ca.image.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back