Kyron's Family Birthday Fundraiser Celebration

funknut

Reaction score
It looks like the family is holding two public celebration events, one in Medford, OR and one in Wilsonville, OR, close to Portland. The Wilsonville event is at Bullwinkle's Family Fun Center and will be charging admission, part of the proceeds going to the family's fund for Kyron.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Kyron-Hormans-birthday-celebrated-today-102533014.html

I find it very touching that the family still tries so hard to reach out to the community regardless that Kyron still hasn't turned up. It must be so hard, but what else can a parent do?

Edit: I'm actually pretty broken up about this. I have followed every progression of the case in the news, and it seems to be hitting me most right now, during this quiet, lonely doldrums we've reached in the press regarding the case. It's good to know there's something I can do, no matter how small a gesture, as a public citizen and that Kyron's family is giving me that opportunity.

What disgusts me the most is that people are commenting that it's in "poor taste" to have a birthday celebration on Kyron's birthday.

I think it's in poor taste to comment so negatively and make such snooty pronouncements on an article about the way the family chooses to celebrate Kyron's birthday.

As we've seen so many times in our Kyron forum... "walk a mile in their shoes."

I know I couldn't hold up as well as they have emotionally, and I think one reason that they've been able to be so resilient is that they have such wonderful community support.

I'm worried about them after today comes and goes and no KYRON.............
The day is not over yet, maybe all the prayers and celeration will come true!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET KYRON. I think its more in "poor taste" that people feel they have to comment negatively about what the distraught family of this dear little boy choose to do at this time in this very sad case. People can choose to be for or against what they do, but i feel it is no one else's business how Kyron's Family choose to keep his Special Day in his memory and theirs, and to celebrate his Birthday. No one is forcing these people to give anything, that is a choice. I say "good for them", if this helps them on Kyron's Birthday.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back