What does Kyron mean to you?

rnmif

Inactive
Reaction score
I just posted happy birthday greetings, and started sobbing. I tend to be someone who feels the pain of others greatly, probably because I've had plenty of my own, but I'm also kind of a prickly old pragmatist.

So me sobbing for someone else's child is hard for me to understand. Shedding a tear, yes. Sobbing?

But it's his birthday.

I don't know if it's just his sweet little smile, his earnestness, Desiree's strength in the face of tremendous grief... This case is... more personal. And maybe partly that my middle son is only a month and a week younger than Kyron, and reminds me of him.

What does this little boy mean to you? What is it that has us so passionately involved? I have to check, every day for news, I pray every night for miracles.

What about you?

I'm feeling a bit like an idiot here, someone else jump in the pool, I keep telling myself I'm not the only one who is so worked up over this little boy. :)

I think Kyron invokes a variety of feelings in a broad cross-section of people.

For me, he's innocence lost.

I am saddened by the fact that so many of the freedoms that I had as a child cannot be enjoyed by our children today. Simple things, like walking to school without fear. Or, even going to school without fear. I think Kyron is a sort of symbol of those lost freedoms to me.

ETA: It's not that any other missing children are less important, or their story less heart wrenching. For some reason, perhaps because my son and his fiance just moved to Oregon, I picked up on this story. To me, also, Kyron's goofy smile and sweetness are endearing and beyond adorable. Beyond that, I have to admit that this story reads like a bad novel - so, as crass as it sounds, I was, perhaps, also hooked by the sheer OMG! of it, if I'm being honest. Nonetheless, the first thing I hope to see on my computer screen when I logon each morning is that Kyron has been found.

Can't see the screen right now to answer this question... my heart breaks for Kyron and his family.

Innocence. Misplaced and shattered trust. Lives that will never be repaired. Ego. Greed. Coldness to all others but yourself. Heartbreak.

These are what come to mind when I consider the whole Kyron saga.

He looks heartbreakingly innocent, and anyone who could break that trust is truly coldly evil.

I'm sure he was a handful. I have one very similar to him in looks and probably in personality. They seem to be children that are a bit...different. Very sensitive, sweet and loving. Also maybe a bit scattered and "in their own world".

He wasn't an angel, and I'm sure it was difficult at times for Terri, doing almost all the work, caring for a child that isn't even hers, and not being appreciated for it. (at least in her mind.)

But *if* she did do something to hurt/disappear/or worse to this child, she is purely evil. It just breaks my heart to pieces to think that this dear child most likely came to realize just before whatever happened, that this lady he trusted and loved would bring him to harm, and his daddy and mommy couldn't be there to save him.

To me KYRON and all missing, abused and murdered children hits home because we all know this could happen to someone we dearly love.
Every day I fear for children in this society of people who are monsters in hiding.

I think that Kyron represents to me another tragic circumstance of a missing child, and at this point in time anyone's guess as to what happened to this little boy. It represents also the fates of many other children that these forums are dedicated to, very sadly. It represents the fact that adults target these innocent victims, our children, in their despicable and horrendous crimes. In their innocence lies their vulnerability, and demands answers as to Why, what kind of monsters could even contemplate such crimes. It is beyond most people's compassion and sense of decency that these crimes can even occur in our midst.
When we wonder about the possibilities of what might have happened to Kyron, and cry about this beautiful little boy, we also cry for all the other children out there that have been so wrongfully victimised, and their families that are traumatised beyond comprehension also.

I'm thinking about Haleigh, whose birthday passed recently, just as often, and other kids who have not received the attention that Kyron's case has...does not mean they are any less missed by their parents. I hope that Kyron is found soon and also hope that the attention to his case will be the new standard for other missing children. All missing children who just vanish suddenly deserve this much love and focus.

Innocence. Misplaced and shattered trust. Lives that will never be repaired. Ego. Greed. Coldness to all others but yourself. Heartbreak.

These are what come to mind when I consider the whole Kyron saga.

He looks heartbreakingly innocent, and anyone who could break that trust is truly coldly evil.

I'm sure he was a handful. I have one very similar to him in looks and probably in personality. They seem to be children that are a bit...different. Very sensitive, sweet and loving. Also maybe a bit scattered and "in their own world".

He wasn't an angel, and I'm sure it was difficult at times for Terri, doing almost all the work, caring for a child that isn't even hers, and not being appreciated for it. (at least in her mind.)

But *if* she did do something to hurt/disappear/or worse to this child, she is purely evil. It just breaks my heart to pieces to think that this dear child most likely came to realize just before whatever happened, that this lady he trusted and loved would bring him to harm, and his daddy and mommy couldn't be there to save him.

My feelings exactly...I, too, have a 7 y.o... He is hyperactive and frustrating and adorable (especially in his little glasses) and loveable...all to me...Now if someone else had to deal with him they might use different words cause overly active 7 year olds are not always so cute to others who don't hold them in their heart. I just feel like this was the situation, all IMO...And if anyone thinks blended families aren't a really tough situation- well, they've been really lucky or have never been inside of one... But I'm in one and have worked with them and it is a very tough thing to be a stepparent (and the wife of a stepparent- iow the bio parent)...so that's what he brings out in me...my overprotectiveness toward my own when he is not understood...and my despair that Kyron may have been in that situation. MOO...

You're not alone in your feelings about Kyron. I, too, have become attached to this beautiful boy whose story has touched my heart, mind, and soul.

I went to the market as I usually do on Thursday and had a number of items on my list for our birthday partly for Kyron. My DH doesn't like sushi - one of Kyron's favorite foods, but I bought a little tray for myself to nosh on this afternoon. I know that Kyron enjoys fishing, so I got some beautiful swordfish steaks that DH grilled outdoors. I haven't made macaroni & cheese for a long time but brushed up on a fabulous Bechamel sauce to which I added three different types of cheese: It was awesome, and I think Kyron would have loved my mac & cheese!

DH and I toasted Kyron with a lovely Oregon Pinot Noir while cheerful red mini-carnations graced our dinner table. It was just about sunset when we finished eating, so we went outdoors and launched red balloons in Kyron's honor. Our thoughts and prayers have been with Kyron and his parents throughout the day, and we will continue to hold them in our hearts.

(rnmif) I feel you. Move over and I'll get in the pool. Am not a crier. For a while there I thought perhaps something was wrong with me. I have never 'sleuthed' a case in my life. Belonged to WS for 3 months before posting a word. My first words were to Kyron. My first tears in however long, were for Kyron.

Kyron looks like the innocence in every child's eyes. His incredible smile, no vanity of toothless or toothy just that incredible, infectuous smile that begs you to smile with him. When he crinkles his nose, it screams, "Love me!" And we all do... What is it about him, Lord, I wish there was some tangible, blanketed answer. What a guy. He's in my heart, my soul, my prayers, my thoughts and my tears. I don't just cry for him, I weep.

My belief is that every soul has a journey and we are fools to not learn from the soul's who dare to journey where we will never tread. I see you, Kyron. You will not leave my life unaltered. You are imprinted on my heart and the hearts of 1000's of people that have never met you. May we all learn. May we learn to honor life and embrace the ability to love and somewhere thru time may that be in tribute to your life.

You got me big guy.

Where are you angel?

God Bless you, for I know He has counted every hair on your head. May the angels hold you and bring you peace. May you come home to all those that love you.
Trish

This may sound weird, but in a big way, Ky reminds me of myself. I was a girl, but also a bit of a nerd, slight, sensitive, loved science and animals.
I was 10 or so when my mother re-married though, and MY step-parent was a total jerk who pretty openly despised us kids. BUT - I had the life experience at that time to know when someone didn't have my best interests at heart.
The idea that little sweetie was duped and tricked and very probably killed by someone who had raised him....I just can't tear myself away from his story.

He also reminds me of exactly the son I would want to have. I never had kids, but what makes me CRAZY whenever a little child is harmed is the fact that I myself, or 30 or so people I know, would LOVE to have that child. Kyron, Caylee, --ANY of them.
Sometimes i don't understand why certain types are given the gift of fertility.

(If I implicated someone in my earlier paragraph, remember it's JMO) :innocent:

(rnmif) I feel you. Move over and I'll get in the pool. Am not a crier. For a while there I thought perhaps something was wrong with me. I have never 'sleuthed' a case in my life. Belonged to WS for 3 months before posting a word. My first words were to Kyron. My first tears in however long, were for Kyron.

Kyron looks like the innocence in every child's eyes. His incredible smile, no vanity of toothless or toothy just that incredible, infectuous smile that begs you to smile with him. When he crinkles his nose, it screams, "Love me!" And we all do... What is it about him, Lord, I wish there was some tangible, blanketed answer. What a guy. He's in my heart, my soul, my prayers, my thoughts and my tears. I don't just cry for him, I weep.

My belief is that every soul has a journey and we are fools to not learn from the soul's who dare to journey where we will never tread. I see you, Kyron. You will not leave my life unaltered. You are imprinted on my heart and the hearts of 1000's of people that have never met you. May we all learn. May we learn to honor life and embrace the ability to love and somewhere thru time may that be in tribute to your life.

You got me big guy.

Where are you angel?

God Bless you, for I know He has counted every hair on your head. May the angels hold you and bring you peace. May you come home to all those that love you.
Trish

I just had to let you know---that was really beautiful. :hug:

To me, Kyron is a little boy who wasn't able to make his own choices of where he wanted to live, get up, possibly come out of his room when he didn't do well at school, etc. He's a victim of something, which I hope is just being kept by someone who thinks they are helping him.

This may sound weird, but in a big way, Ky reminds me of myself. I was a girl, but also a bit of a nerd, slight, sensitive, loved science and animals.
I was 10 or so when my mother re-married though, and MY step-parent was a total jerk who pretty openly despised us kids. BUT - I had the life experience at that time to know when someone didn't have my best interests at heart.
The idea that little sweetie was duped and tricked and very probably killed by someone who had raised him....I just can't tear myself away from his story.

He also reminds me of exactly the son I would want to have. I never had kids, but what makes me CRAZY whenever a little child is harmed is the fact that I myself, or 30 or so people I know, would LOVE to have that child. Kyron, Caylee, --ANY of them.
Sometimes i don't understand why certain types are given the gift of fertility.

(If I implicated someone in my earlier paragraph, remember it's JMO) :innocent:

It doesn't sound weird to me. One of my girls is who reminds me of Kyron. (and now you!)

As for your ending question...we're all here to learn and to teach. Who knows what their lessons will be?

My twin boys are two months (almost to the day) younger than him and my daughter is just another 23 months younger than Kyron as well. Not only that but my kids are in Portland Public SD, and I know the area quite well (used to live near there) where Kyron lived in Portland.

It all has hit me very hard. I sometimes cannot check WS or watch our local news for a couple of days. It's just too much for me at times.

He is a sweet little boy, completely innocent. His smile, the look in his eyes, it just makes me want to reach out and hug him. It makes me want to go out, find him, hug him and take him home to his parents. I feel absolutely helpless. My heart aches for Desiree, Kaine & Tony. Ugh. :(

Kyron means staying up too late hoping and praying desperately for some good news...especially on this special day...

I've been biting my tongue, to not say too much about how I relate to Kyron at a most personal level. I want so much to hope that what I know about that hateful, vengeful parent which all the neighbors find charming has nothing to do with this situation. I watch every twist and turn with my unique mixture of emotions and memories from my own, um... captivity. My C-PTSD.

I've been biting my tongue, to not say too much about how I relates to Kyron at a most personal level. I want so much to hope that what I know about that hateful, vengeful parent which all the neighbors find charming has nothing to do with this situation. I watch every twist and turn with my unique mixture of emotions and memories from my own, um... captivity. My C-PTSD.

i'm sorry for your pain, grayjay...i hope you will be able to get to a better place as soon as possible...as we all hope for kyron...

I know I have stayed up when I should be sleeping, and find myself wide awake at night, almost every night now for months, just trying to picture what happened that morning. I see it all in my head, to a point, and then-nothing. Nothing makes sense. Everyone (kids) was going inside the school, not coming out. So why didn't lots of people notice a child going out at that hour? Even if with a parent, it should have been an unusual sight. Especially when only hours later, eveyone knew a child was missing.

I keep expecting to figure it all out, as though it is somehow up to me. And then I wonder if lots of the "tips" LE is still getting every day are just conclusions or questions or suggestions, from people like me, who think they need to figure this out. I feel certain they are not getting lots of actual, useful tips. But so many people want to "fix" this somehow, so it has a good and quick ending. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back