CA - San Bruno explosion, several blocks on fire

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
Just saw this come up. Early reports could be a gas station blew up. Several blocks of homes on fire. Fire is out of control. All area fire departments responding. No word of injuries or deaths.

Live feed below.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/livenow?id=7659504

Retired firefighter interviewed says it looks like a pressurized gas line of some sort. The smoke is most likely from structures.

Now it's being said a plane went down. UPDATE: Airports are not missing any planes.

Firefighters are responding to a huge fire burning on a hillside in the San Bruno area. Many residents have reported seeing a plane go down. Others felt a huge shock wave, and heard an explosion. Entire city blocks are on fire in a residential neighborhood and evacuations are taking place.

Links to continuing coverage and copter view on the front page at the below link:
http://cbs5.com/

Raw video of homes burning.
http://cbs5.com/video/?id=68773@kpix.dayport.com

Looks like a fuel fed fireball. A huge bright torch.

Good grief this is some fire..Alot of homes destroyed.

Hope that everyone stays safe.

Media is being evacuated by the sheriffs department.

I'm saying some prayers.....

A caller states its not the gas station on fire, he can see the gas station. So it has to be a plane. Everyone heard a explosion. Terrible, just terrible for those people.

Retired PGE says it looks like a gas transmission line. Takes time to shut down so they don't cause a break somewhere else.

Reporter at airport says no reports of planes going down. Faa has no reports of planes going down.

This area is full of homes and a canyon area. Scary, scary stuff.

Wow, I had no idea! Thanks for letting us know SuziQ. Its on my local TV now!

Ahhhhh, guy getting his family out saw two ladies with third degrees burns running down the street. He said just standing outside the heat was intense. He was originally 1/4 mile away in his car and when the explosion happened he felt the intense heat in his car.

Nearby hospital swamped. One lady was thrown across her street and she broke her arm.

Fireball is going down. Thank god!

Per one hospital, one man and one woman.

Daylight is virtually gone and the fog is coming in.

I went to radioreference and it says this

(SAN BRUNO - TAC 35) UPDATE:CALLS OF GAS MAIN EXPLOSION ALSO, 3-4 BLOCKS OF HOUSES FULLY ENGULFED, MULTI CALLS OF ENTRAPMENT [ILL113]

I went to radioreference and it says this

(SAN BRUNO - TAC 35) UPDATE:CALLS OF GAS MAIN EXPLOSION ALSO, 3-4 BLOCKS OF HOUSES FULLY ENGULFED, MULTI CALLS OF ENTRAPMENT [ILL113]

Oh no no no no! This is reminding me of the tragic Oakland fire decades ago. Does anyone remember that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back