Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 2681DFNM

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2681dfnm.html

Debra Landsdell
Missing since September 21, 1985 from Belen, Valencia County, New Mexico
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Age at Time of Disappearance: 29 years old

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Debra Landsdell had recently divorced, started a new nursing job at Lovelace and bought her dream car, a 1978 Porsche.
On September 21, 1985, she left her boyfriend's house at 2.00, headed for her new apartment on Jarales Road in Belen but may never have gotten there. Invesitigators found her door open, but nothing disturbed in the apartment.
Five months later, in february 1986, her car was found at an Albuquerque apartment complex.
Investigators suspect she met with foul play.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Valencia County Sheriff's Department
505-866-2400

Source Information:
KRQE.Com

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/landsdell_debra.html

Debra is not in NamUs at this time.

http://noolmusic.com/utube/case_of_vanishing_nurse_reopened_debra_landsdell_of_peralta.php
Video coverage.

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/...of_vanishing_nurse_reopened_200811250004_rev1
Tuesday, 25 Nov 2008

Debra has been missing almost 25 years. Come home soon.

Attachments

• Debra Landsdell.bmp
    56.3 KB · Views: 17
Hi. Is it possible she is Albuquerque, Bernalillo County, New Mexico Jane Doe?

There are no stats, but the time line (age) could fit, also the state/place where Debra went missing and her car found. (although there is a lot of time between finding the car and Jane Doe) There is no good picture but she had the curly long hair.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/644ufnm.html Debra is not yet ruled out for this Jane Doe. Maybe Debra loved her free life after she devourced, fell in love...started using drugs (they found heroïne in Jane Doe)

DLandsdell.jpg
644UFNM.jpg

I'm wondering if there was anyone in the apartment complex that was tied to her? Also what happened to the car? In 1985 they did not have the forensic technology we have now. No further information is given about her boyfriend or ex husband. Were they ever suspects? Were they cleared? Also where were her keys? It says her door was open but nothing disturbed which makes me think she got home, opened the door and either voluntarily left (to a neighbor perhaps?) or was abducted.

How close -- distance & time -- is this to the Belen disappearance of Tara Calico?

How close -- distance & time -- is this to the Belen disappearance of Tara Calico?

It is only a few miles, less than 5 however I don't feel the two cases are related, but anything is possible. I think in both cases it was someone who knew both girls and not someone random.

Bumping case up.
It sounds like the front door to her apartment was left open? I think something must have happened at that location, either she was taken from her apartment or the perpetrator went there later. I assume he has ties to the area where her car was left. I wonder if LE came close to solving this but just didn't have enough evidence.
All MOO.

Debra Landsdell – The Charley Project

Lots more background information, details and paper clippings from those day's. This lady did a good job summarizing the case.
The Disappearance of Debra Lansdell

Maybe someone can clean up the pictures of Debra.
debra_landsdell_2.jpg
debra_landsdell_1.jpg

Thanks for linking this article. It said,
the car had no obvious signs of foul play, and did not match the prints from the killers in the Linda Lee Daniels case.

I'm interpreting this as they did find some unknown prints in the car. I wonder if they are still available to compare to today's databases...

• Missing Since 09/21/1985
  • Missing From Belen, New Mexico
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 29 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6, 120 pounds
  • Associated Vehicle(s) Rust-colored 1978 Porsche 924 (accounted for)
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Landsdell's nickname is Debbie.

Details of Disappearance​

Her rust-colored 1978 Porsche 924 was found at an apartment complex in the 1500 block of Gold southeast in Albuquerque, New Mexico in February 1986. Witnesses said it had been there for months. There were some dents and scratches on it, and dark-colored stains in the backseat, but no evidence of foul play; the stains were not blood.

Landsdell got divorced a short time before her disappearance, and she was happy to be living in her own apartment and having freedom in her life. She had started a new nursing job with the Lovelace Urgent Care Center in Albuquerque; she enjoyed her job and took her career seriously.

Landsdell's family stated she was inspired to become a nurse after surviving a bout of cancer of the spleen when she was a teenager. Foul play is suspected in her disappearance, which remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• Valencia County Sheriff's Department 505-866-2400

Source Information​

Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated January 2, 2018; picture, height and weight added, distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back