GUILTY AR - Jeremy Travis, 27, stabbed to death, Fort Smith, 11 Sept 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest update is from an hour or so ago and nothing at all new released.

All these young men dying like this.

Granny you did right the way you posted. Thank you.

So as he was knocking on doors was the POI still following him? I doubt he could have run too long, or to multiple houses after being stabbed in the heart. The details of this one will be hard to swallow!

http://swtimes.com/news/article_e2dcafd6-c009-11df-80c1-001cc4c03286.html

my best understanding is that walter walton and jeremy travis and possibly somebody else who hasnt been named yet were out partying in fort smith on friday night. jeremy lived just down the hill from where he ended up. apparently they went to drop jeremy off at his apt. when the fight started, but i believe walter walton intended all along to do harm to jeremy that night. i really cant say much yet, i didnt know jeremy, i only spoke to him on the phone. i know walter walton tho and it was no surprise to me when we woke up to this on saturday morning. please keep jeremy's family in your prayers. i dont know them either, but my heart is breaking for them. as soon as i can i will tell why, in my heart, jeremy travis is a hero.
walter lives in okla. in a rural area outside of muldrow. that is where he was when the police found him and he tried to flee on foot and ended up jumping off the bluff into the creek where they caught him.

So as he was knocking on doors was the POI still following him? I doubt he could have run too long, or to multiple houses after being stabbed in the heart. The details of this one will be hard to swallow!
right sunnie, i dont think he ran with a stab wound to the heart. i think he ran with other stab wounds and the fatal one was administered at the end of the chase. on channel 5news out of fort smith, they said that witnesses saw two people attacking jeremy. i met with det. jeff carter and he did not confirm that to me, but there would likely have been somebody else with walter because he didnt own a car and imo somebody had to drive him into fort smith and then back out to muldrow.

http://swtimes.com/news/article_37049cc8-c1a8-11df-ad00-001cc4c03286.html
snipped "According to an affidavit for an arrest warrant related to Travis' death, Walton and Travis had an argument in the 2003 block of Dallas concerning Walton's ex-girlfriend, when Travis fled and Walton gave chase.

The men ended up in the yard of a residence in the 2100 block of Carthage, where witnesses told police they saw Walton repeatedly strike Travis, before Walton got in a vehicle with his brother, Dustin Wallen, and left the scene."

bbm: now i will tell you why, in my heart, jeremy travis was a hero. the ex-girlfriend that the fight was over was my daughter. it was not a love triangle or anything like that. jeremy was friends with both my daughter and walter. jeremy became convinced that my daughter was in danger if she stayed with walter, something we all knew the whole time she was with him. we tried to get her away from him. she left him a few times but walter always talked her into going back. i had a year and a half worth of sleepless nights, especially if i couldnt get her on the phone. i knew what kind of person walter was, and i was terribly afraid for my daughter. finally, jeremy talked to me and my other daughter (blubuni99 to webslueths) on the phone and told us that in his opinion she was in danger. he was the one who talked her into leaving for good. he was the one who helped her pack her stuff and get out and he kept her safe until we could get there to bring her to us. that was about a month ago. the paper said the police found jeremy stabbed shortly after midnight on friday night. at 12:07 friday night walter phoned my daughter and told her what he had done to jeremy.
i dont know what kind of person jeremy was because i didnt know him, but in my heart he saved my daughters life and my heart is broken over what happened to him. he knew walter was dangerous to my daughter, but he apparently didnt feel that walter was dangerous to him. please keep his family in your prayers.

http://swtimes.com/news/article_37049cc8-c1a8-11df-ad00-001cc4c03286.html
snipped "According to an affidavit for an arrest warrant related to Travis' death, Walton and Travis had an argument in the 2003 block of Dallas concerning Walton's ex-girlfriend, when Travis fled and Walton gave chase.

The men ended up in the yard of a residence in the 2100 block of Carthage, where witnesses told police they saw Walton repeatedly strike Travis, before Walton got in a vehicle with his brother, Dustin Wallen, and left the scene."

bbm: now i will tell you why, in my heart, jeremy travis was a hero. the ex-girlfriend that the fight was over was my daughter. it was not a love triangle or anything like that. jeremy was friends with both my daughter and walter. jeremy became convinced that my daughter was in danger if she stayed with walter, something we all knew the whole time she was with him. we tried to get her away from him. she left him a few times but walter always talked her into going back. i had a year and a half worth of sleepless nights, especially if i couldnt get her on the phone. i knew what kind of person walter was, and i was terribly afraid for my daughter. finally, jeremy talked to me and my other daughter on the phone and told us that in his opinion she was in danger. he was the one who talked her into leaving for good. he was the one who helped her pack her stuff and get out and he kept her safe until we could get there to bring her to us. that was about a month ago. the paper said the police found jeremy stabbed shortly after midnight on friday night. at 12:07 friday night walter phoned my daughter and told her what he had done to jeremy.
i dont know what kind of person jeremy was because i didnt know him, but in my heart he saved my daughters life and my heart is broken over what happened to him. he knew walter was dangerous to ___, but he apparently didnt feel that walter was dangerous to him. please keep his family in your prayers.

We posted at the same time.
AND in the news story, it says they are considering pressing charges on other people -- I hope Dustin Wallen gets his too.

http://www.4029tv.com/news/24970686/detail.html

this is my first try at posting a link so i hope it works. this young man died a violent death that he did not deserve. there is more to this story and i hope it comes out.

I know what kind of person Jeremy was because he is my nephew. His mother is my sister. I am sitting in a hotel room in Ft. Smith, AR looking out the window across the parking lot from the Ft. Smith Police Station and Jail where the scum that killed him is jailed.

We buried Jeremy today and have heard so many stories that we do not know what to beleive. I had to watch as my sister, her husband and the rest of our families kissed Jeremy goodbye as he lay in his casket. We had to be careful, because we messed up the make up and reconstructive work on his forehead where his skull was bashed in.

And, we do believe that Walter Lee Walton and Dustin Wallen are evil. We now beleive in the death penalty and hope to be in the courtroom as well as in the veiwing room when the murderers meet their final punishment. We know that there are others involved including 2 girls that assisted in his death. We believe that Jeremy did save your daughter's life while sacrificing his own. We are so glad that he made a difference in someone elses's life. You say you do not know what he was like. He was the sweetest, funniest melon headed little boy you could ever meet. He was onery at times and he did test his parents and his family. He did have his own trials and tribulations. He leaves behind 2 sons, his mom and dad, his biological dad, his sisters and brothers, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents and friends. PLEASE,PLEASE speak out, tell the police, the detectives , tell everyone the terrible injustice that my nephew suffered. Don't let him die in vain.

WE are a strong family who will always look out for our own and gather together to get through this terrible crisis. My sister and brother-in-law have now buried 2 of their children. No one should ever have to do that. Please pray for us.

I know what kind of person Jeremy was because he is my nephew. His mother is my sister. I am sitting in a hotel room in Ft. Smith, AR looking out the window across the parking lot from the Ft. Smith Police Station and Jail where the scum that killed him is jailed.

We buried Jeremy today and have heard so many stories that we do not know what to beleive. I had to watch as my sister, her husband and the rest of our families kissed Jeremy goodbye as he lay in his casket. We had to be careful, because we messed up the make up and reconstructive work on his forehead where his skull was bashed in.

And, we do believe that Walter Lee Walton and Dustin Wallen are evil. We now beleive in the death penalty and hope to be in the courtroom as well as in the veiwing room when the murderers meet their final punishment. We know that there are others involved including 2 girls that assisted in his death. We believe that Jeremy did save your daughter's life while sacrificing his own. We are so glad that he made a difference in someone elses's life. You say you do not know what he was like. He was the sweetest, funniest melon headed little boy you could ever meet. He was onery at times and he did test his parents and his family. He did have his own trials and tribulations. He leaves behind 2 sons, his mom and dad, his biological dad, his sisters and brothers, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents and friends. PLEASE,PLEASE speak out, tell the police, the detectives , tell everyone the terrible injustice that my nephew suffered. Don't let him die in vain.

WE are a strong family who will always look out for our own and gather together to get through this terrible crisis. My sister and brother-in-law have now buried 2 of their children. No one should ever have to do that. Please pray for us.

I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot even imagine what your family is going through right now and even though I didn't know Jeremy (except to talk to him over the phone), my heart is heavy and I am deeply saddened for everyone.

My sister is the one that Walter called after it happened -- she is/was in a completely different state during the whole thing and didn't know anything about it until he called her that night. From what I've talked to her about it, Walter told her what he did but didn't implicate anyone else. I don't think she really believed him at the time. (But she did try to call some of Jeremy's friends, who reassured her that surely it DIDN'T happen, that they had just seem Jeremy a few hours prior, reassuring her that it was probably just crazy-talk from a crazy man). But the next morning, she tried to call everyone (including Jeremy) just to make sure and finally talked to a detective, who confirmed what Walter said. She has talked to the police, telling them EVERYTHING she knew and even drove to Arkansas to make a statement (last Monday, the same day he was charged with murder).

I don't even think my sister knows all the details (clearly, because this is the very first I've heard about 2 girls being involved) but she is telling everything she knows. She isn't hiding anything for anybody.

From talking to Jeremy, he seemed like caring person and he truly did help my sister get away from Walter (and I believe, SAVED her). I don't know how to express how sorry I am to your family that this happened.

I am so very sorry and you have my condolences. This is so sad. I truly hope justice will be served. There are just mean people in this world!

Thanks for the condolences, everyone. Blubuni, please tell your sister thankyou for calling and going to the police. Our family does not believe she was involved in the murder in any other capacity than that she was also a victim of Walter Lee. It is so hard to keep up with all the rumors.What we have been told by witnesses and detectives, is that Dustin was with Walter lee in the suv. He got out and starting kicking Jeremy, There is a pipe and/or tire iron used as a weapon. They never found the knife. There is rumor there are at least 1 to 2 other males involved. Jeremy"s arm was broken early in the altercation, and he may have been stabbed, early on also which caused him to be unable to defend himself.There were not any defense wounds on his hands. There were two girls that had been with them and from their story it sounds like this was premeditated.

I am glad that your sister is safe and please count your blessings.

welcome to websleuths, mareca0301. thank you for coming here to tell us about jeremy. he did not deserve what happened to him and we will not let him die in vain. we are in touch with the detectives and we will do anything we can to help them make their case. walter walton needs to stay behind bars forever. he is a dangerous person to anybody who gets near him. i have known this for a long time, but it was stressed to me again by jeremy when he was trying to get my daughter to leave there. it was important enough to him that he enlisted the help of our family, whom he had never met. we are grieving along with your family and i will not sit quiet and allow whoever was involved to get by with it.
there is a lot going on right now in the fs police dept. so we have to stay on them to make sure this does not take a back burner to all the internal shakeups in the dept.
your family is foremost in my thoughts constantly and my prayers for you all are non stop.

Marceca0301. I am so sorry for your and your families loss. Being a survivor of domestic violence and intimidation, I know how difficult and terrifying it is to try and leave that person. You know what these monsters are capable of, it is a constant fear that you will not survive.

Your nephew was an amazing person to be able to step outside himself and help someone to escape that plight! He is a hero!

Nannt2five, I am so very happy your daughter is safe!,

Thank you from one of Jeremy's uncles. His mother is my sister as well as Mareca0301. I have been following your posts this past week. It is of some comfort knowing he was helping your daughter as opposed to other things that ran through our minds. You couldn't bully Jeremy, he would stand up and fight anybody that tried. We have been told that Jeremy took a gun away from "Lee" during an altercation and arguement over Lee's girlfriend a week prior to his being attacked and murdered. Thank you for reaching out and telling this part of the story to us. I know it will all come out sooner or later and I don't think anything will surprise us. It does bother me that Jeremy considered someone like "Lee" a friend. I believe Jeremy was in survival mode when he met Lee and that Lee helped him get through a low point in his life. One rumor says that Jeremy met him at the Salvation Army and he provided Jeremy with a place to stay for awhile. We believe that Jeremy had turned a corner and was walking the line. He most certainly knew that "Lee" was bad news but as I said, Jeremy wasn't afraid of anyone. I always admired him for that but in this case it did him in. Lee knew this of Jeremy too! Him and his brother are cowards. They used their supposed friendship to get him to let down his guard and then both jumped him using tire irons and weapons breaking his arm, and bashing in his forehead then two of them finishing him off while he is defenseless later bragging to or trying to rub your daughters face in it. Cowardly little weasels. Bottom feeding scum. Your daughter was very lucky and thank God she wised up and got away from him. Obviously Jeremy knew she was in grave danger. Although Jeremy had his demons, I was not suprised when I read your side of this story. He had a big heart and certain principals he lived by. It is exactly what he would have done. Thank you for coming foward to the police as you and your family have done. There is a lesson here that I hope all of us can learn from. He was funny, ornery at times as my sister said, hard headed and a chip on his shoulder sometimes but mostly through it all he had a good good heart, a big grin and this entire family loved him very much. Uncle Guy

I am posting this from my mom's name, but I am the ex girlfriend of Walter Lee, and Jeremy was like my best friend. I'm so, so, so very sorry that this has happened. I'm still having trouble believing it. Jeremy was in a low point when we met him, and he definitely was trying to walk the line, that's why I wanted so bad for people to know why this happened because the newspaper made it seem like something else. However, we didn't meet Jeremy at the Salvation Army. We met him through a mutual friend of ours almost a year ago. He did call us when he was staying at the mission, and we told him that he wasn't going to stay there anymore, so he came to live with us. He lived with us all summer, until about August when Lee and I broke up. Lee and Jeremy were friends. If you ask anyone that knew them they'll tell you if you saw Lee, you saw Jeremy, up until Lee and I broke up. I think that a lot of the reasons why I left, was also a lot of the same reasons why Jeremy didn't want to stay there. I don't think he liked seeing Lee treat me that way and that's when their friendship changed, and Jeremy became more of a friend to me than to Lee. Lee could see all that, and he was very jealous. He had gotten mad at me a few days before for talking to Jeremy, and he snapped. Jeremy was one of a kind and I don't think I'll ever meet anyone as special as he was. He touched my heart, and probably saved my life, for that I am forever grateful.

Thank you from one of Jeremy's uncles. His mother is my sister as well as Mareca0301. I have been following your posts this past week. It is of some comfort knowing he was helping your daughter as opposed to other things that ran through our minds. You couldn't bully Jeremy, he would stand up and fight anybody that tried. We have been told that Jeremy took a gun away from "Lee" during an altercation and arguement over Lee's girlfriend a week prior to his being attacked and murdered. Thank you for reaching out and telling this part of the story to us. I know it will all come out sooner or later and I don't think anything will surprise us. It does bother me that Jeremy considered someone like "Lee" a friend. I believe Jeremy was in survival mode when he met Lee and that Lee helped him get through a low point in his life. One rumor says that Jeremy met him at the Salvation Army and he provided Jeremy with a place to stay for awhile. We believe that Jeremy had turned a corner and was walking the line. He most certainly knew that "Lee" was bad news but as I said, Jeremy wasn't afraid of anyone. I always admired him for that but in this case it did him in. Lee knew this of Jeremy too! Him and his brother are cowards. They used their supposed friendship to get him to let down his guard and then both jumped him using tire irons and weapons breaking his arm, and bashing in his forehead then two of them finishing him off while he is defenseless later bragging to or trying to rub your daughters face in it. Cowardly little weasels. Bottom feeding scum. Your daughter was very lucky and thank God she wised up and got away from him. Obviously Jeremy knew she was in grave danger. Although Jeremy had his demons, I was not suprised when I read your side of this story. He had a big heart and certain principals he lived by. It is exactly what he would have done. Thank you for coming foward to the police as you and your family have done. There is a lesson here that I hope all of us can learn from. He was funny, ornery at times as my sister said, hard headed and a chip on his shoulder sometimes but mostly through it all he had a good good heart, a big grin and this entire family loved him very much. Uncle Guy
welcome to websleuths, budready and thank you for posting about jeremy. you are absolutely correct about walter and his brother being cowardly little weasels. i am usually a forgiving person and i try to see both sides of something but in this case there is no other side that makes any sense. jeremy did no deserve what happened to him and i and my family will do anything we can to help make sure justice is served. i think there is a huge lesson in this, that nobody should ignore. when somebody is dangerous, they are dangerous to everyone around them. crazy does not pick and choose. jeremy may have felt walter wasnt dangerous to him, just as my daughter thought he wasnt dangerous to her, even though they both knew he had a terrible anger problem. i just wish people would be more realistic in their thinking about these things. we never think something like this will happen to us. it happens in news stories to other people. i truly hope your family can take some comfort in knowing that jeremy was a hero. nomatter what he did in his short life, nomatter what demons he had to fight along the way, in the end he was a hero and i do not want anyone to ever forget that.

I have been following this thread, but haven't been able to think of anything to say. Such a very sad story. What I do want to say is that it is wonderful to see everyone pulling together to make sure Jeremy gets justice. Jeremy went above and beyond to save the life of someone else. There is no higher calling than that and he truly was a hero. I wish peace for all of you dealing with this horrific murder.

I have been following this thread, but haven't been able to think of anything to say. Such a very sad story. What I do want to say is that it is wonderful to see everyone pulling together to make sure Jeremy gets justice. Jeremy went above and beyond to save the life of someone else. There is no higher calling than that and he truly was a hero. I wish peace for all of you dealing with this horrific murder.
thank you for posting belinda. its a terrible situation for anybody to be in, especially jeremy's family. we read these stories on here all the time and i have cried many tears over stories here on websleuths, but the sorrow i feel for his family is altogether different. its really all i can think about right now as i know its all they can think about right now. there is no way i can express how much jeremy means to me, even though i never met him in person. i will never ever forget him. i am waiting for news on the other arrests that we expect and hope to happen sooner than later. i continue to pray for jeremy's family and loved ones constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member