Billy Lucas, 15 - Hangs himself after being bullied

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Bullied Greensburg student takes his own life

A 15-year-old student at Greensburg High School took his own life after fellow classmates said he was bullied for being different.

He was a teenager who didn't quite fit in. His classmates said Billy Lucas was bullied for being different.

The 15-year-old never told anyone he was gay but students at Greensburg High School thought he was and so they picked on him.

"People would call him '*advertiser censored*' and stuff like that, just make fun of him because he's different basically," said student Dillen Swango.

Students told Fox59 News it was common knowledge that children bullied Billy and from what they said, it was getting worse. Last Thursday, Billy's mother found him dead inside their barn. He had hung himself.

Students said on that same day, some students told Billy to kill himself.

More: http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-greensburg-student-suicide-091310,0,1101685.story

Friends: Bullies Led To 15-Year-Old's Death

Friends of a 15-year-old boy who hanged himself last week said he did so after being mercilessly bullied at school.

[snip]

A former student, who didn’t' want to be identified, said he was 14 when he overdosed after being bullied.

"I got picked on and bullied because I was gay," the student said. "I took a handful of pills one night, and the only difference is I got to live and Billy didn't."

The school brought in additional counselors last week and is forming a committee comprised of parents and teachers to try to address the bullying issue.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/24993363/detail.html

My heart goes out to this young man and his loved ones. Tragic...Rest in peace Billy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back