Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 1556DFAK

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1556dfak.html

Stella Anastasia Evon
Missing since September 26, 1996 from Bethel, Bethel Census Area, Alaska
Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: February 11, 1979
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'11" (150 cm); 100 lbs (45 kg)
•Distinguishing Characteristics: Native female. Long black curly hair approximately waist length; brown eyes. Her ears are double pierced.
•Clothing: Blue hooded sweatshirt with Georgetown logo on the front, a brown leather jacket, blue jeans and black shoes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
On the morning of September 26, 1996, Bethel police made contact with Stella Evon because she was out past curfew. An officer drove Evon to her sister's apartment, and Evon left the apartment between 5 and 6 a.m. and has not been seen or heard from since.
Stella may still be in the local area or she may be in the Anchorage, Alaska area. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Bethel Police Department
Chief Gary Eilers
907-543-3781

Agency Case Number: 96-11118

NCMEC #: NCMC919705

NCIC Number: M-974996867
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Alaska Department of Public Safety
Polly Klaas Foundation
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Alaska State Troopers
Polly Klass Foundation

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/e/evon_stella.html

There are conflicting dates as to when Stella went missing. 3 dates that I can see.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/4482/0/
NamUs Profile:
Dental: NA
DNA: Initial inquiry underway
Fingerprints: NA

2 archived pay per view articles.

Stella has been missing almost 14 years. Come home soon sweetie, prayers for your family.

(progression to the right, age notated at bottom of pic).

Attachments

• Evon, circa 1996.jpg
    Evon, circa 1996.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Age-progressed to 26 years (circa 2005) Evon.jpg
    Age-progressed to 26 years (circa 2005) Evon.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 59
Wooooow....this could really be her. I think someone should definitely call it in to LE.

I am very certain that woman isn't the same Stella. I clicked on the profile and had to giggle to myself; we have four mutual friends! Bethel is a very tight knit community and there are several women by the name Stella Evon there. The majority of the population are Alaskan Native and names are often passed down to respect elders.

I have always felt that Stella met with foul play or wandered off into the woods. There are a lot of bodies of water. I haven't lived there since I was a very young child, but I imagine that it would still be dark around the time that Stella left her sister's apartment. Pretty much only cab drivers are out around that time.

Anyways, I was thinking about Stella today. She went missing just a couple months before I was born, my mother says she can still picture Stella walking down the hallways at school. I pray that one day we'll have answers!

Bump

Stella Evon

• NCMEC: 919705

NCMC919705c1.jpg

Missing Since - Sep 26, 1996
Missing From - Bethel, AK
DOB - Feb 11, 1979
Age Now - 40
Sex - Female
Race - Am. Ind.
Hair Color - Black
Eye Color - Brown
Height - 4'11"
Weight - 100 lbs

Age Progressed

NCMC919705e1.jpg

Stella's photo is shown age-progressed to 32 years. She was last seen at home on September 26, 1996. Stella may still be in the local area or she may be in the Anchorage, Alaska area. Her ears are double pierced. Stella was last seen wearing a brown leather jacket, a dark hooded sweatshirt, and blue jeans. She is missing under suspicious circumstances.

Have you seen this child? STELLA EVON

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I am very certain that woman isn't the same Stella. I clicked on the profile and had to giggle to myself; we have four mutual friends! Bethel is a very tight knit community and there are several women by the name Stella Evon there. The majority of the population are Alaskan Native and names are often passed down to respect elders.

I have always felt that Stella met with foul play or wandered off into the woods. There are a lot of bodies of water. I haven't lived there since I was a very young child, but I imagine that it would still be dark around the time that Stella left her sister's apartment. Pretty much only cab drivers are out around that time.

Anyways, I was thinking about Stella today. She went missing just a couple months before I was born, my mother says she can still picture Stella walking down the hallways at school. I pray that one day we'll have answers!
beautiful reflection.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back