Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 1825DMNV

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1825dmnv.html

Thomas Jay Kerr
Missing since September 26, 1997 from Las Vegas, Clark County, Nevada
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: August 14, 1960
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 37 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'11"; 215 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: Native male. Brown hair; hazel eyes.
•Marks, Scars: Scar on left ear, scar on front hairline; has had broken arm and broken jaw.
•Clothing: Possibly jeans and t-shirt.
•AKA: Tommy; Tomyson; Tom

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Thomas Jay Kerr was last seen at a family member's residence in the vicinity of the 3600 block of Forestcrest, near Flamingo and Sandhill roads in Las Vegas, Nevada on September 26, 1997.
All of his personal belongings and vehicle were left behind. He was known to have frequented the Mug Shots bar at Desert Inn and Sandhill.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Las Vegas Metro Police Department
702-229-4172

Agency Case Number: 971108-1035

NCIC Number: M-107400180
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
North American Missing Persons Network
National Center for Missing Adults

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kerr_thomas.html
More details.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/186/0/
NamUs Profile:
Dental: NA
DNA: NA
Fingerprints: NA

His given name and surname are too common to find archived articles at this time.

Thomas has been missing almost 13 years. Come home soon.

(Age progressed to is unknown).

Attachments

• TJKerr.jpg
    TJKerr.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 47
  • TJKerr2.jpg
    TJKerr2.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 45
What time of day was it that he was last seen? Was he on foot or did he leave with someone?

I would like to see if we can help locate Thomas Kerr. His family only wants to bring him home for a proper burial. His mom is desperate to bring him home before she passes. In looking at his case, I see some discrepancies that need to be resolved that could help us in finding a match. For instance:

Thomas Kerr's Namus page states:
Thomas was last seen at a family member's residence in the vicinity of the 3600 block of Forestcrest in Las Vegas, NV near Flamingo and Sandhill. All of his personal belongings and vehicle were left behind. He was known to have frequented the Mug Shots bar at Desert Inn and Sandhill.

His Charley Project page states:
Thomas was last seen near the Sandhill area and Las Vegas Flamingo Hotel in the early morning hours of Sept 26, 1997. He had visited Mugshots Lounge in the late evening hours of Sept 25, paid his bar tab and apparently planned to stop for dinner elsewhere. No mention of him being at a family residence.

I received information from Clark County last might stating:
<modsnip> Anything your group can do would be greatly appreciated.

The biggest question is was he last seen on Sept 25-26 (per Namus), or as Clark County has stated back on Sept 19th?
If the 19th is the correct date, then there maybe an UID male that was ruled out based on date last seen. I have requested a confirmation of this new date and will confirm on the thread as soon as I hear back from Rick Jones.
Thanks to all for taking another look at Thomas Kerr's case and specifically looking at UID Males located in southern Nevada, Utah, CA, or AZ.

It sounds like his family believes that he met with foul play (as opposed to being in an accident or some sort of mental health issue). I wonder why?

From looking at his photo (I could be wrong about this), if he is deceased, is it possible that the coroner of the jurisdiction where he was found believed that he was either Caucasian or Hispanic?

Ambercat-
I think that you are right- race and ethnicity may not be documented correctly.

I have asked Rick for more info on why the family thinks foul play -- there's so many questions.

I found this UID male found in Riverside, CA in 1998 (one year after Thomas went missing). This person passed out in an AA meeting, was taken to a local hospital, but died the following day. He was known to be a street person named Taquachi. Despite much effort he was never id'd. There are comments online about Kerr's alcohol and drug use and that made me think that maybe this UID male might be a possible. Scars do not match- Pock marks on his cheeks. A smal circular scar on his lower left leg. Thomas has scar on ear and hairline. No mention of broken arm or jaw.

attachment.php

I think that the Namus drawing looks similar to Kerr. Height is a match and weight is a little less than target.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7016?page=dental

Kate,
Thanks for your post. I checked at NAMUS and got this message:

Permission Error - Case Access Denied
The case you are trying to view is restricted to authorized persons ONLY.
Please log in to view the case.

I sent an email to a LE contact to see if there had been any update. He had not heard of any change on this case and it's a case that he is personally invested in. I will update when I hear back.

Thanks again for your post.

Unfortunately doenetwork is wrong! He has not been found and his case is not closed. May never be closed! It would have been all over the news had he been found.
The family held a funeral service for him as it helped bring a little peace to his mother. His mother and sister have since passed and have been reunited with him.

Ambercat-
I think that you are right- race and ethnicity may not be documented correctly.

I have asked Rick for more info on why the family thinks foul play -- there's so many questions.

I found this UID male found in Riverside, CA in 1998 (one year after Thomas went missing). This person passed out in an AA meeting, was taken to a local hospital, but died the following day. He was known to be a street person named Taquachi. Despite much effort he was never id'd. There are comments online about Kerr's alcohol and drug use and that made me think that maybe this UID male might be a possible. Scars do not match- Pock marks on his cheeks. A smal circular scar on his lower left leg. Thomas has scar on ear and hairline. No mention of broken arm or jaw.

attachment.php

I think that the Namus drawing looks similar to Kerr. Height is a match and weight is a little less than target.

Unidentified Person Case
Unfortunately he would have never left Vegas
Doe Network reported on Aug 18, 2017 that, according to Namus, Thomas Jay Ker has been located and his case closed. No other details given.

Located & Identified Persons
Does not pertain to this case!

Unfortunately doenetwork is wrong! He has not been found and his case is not closed. May never be closed! It would have been all over the news had he been found.
The family held a funeral service for him as it helped bring a little peace to his mother. His mother and sister have since passed and have been reunited with him.

Welcome to Websleuths JusMeShe. Are you a friend or relative? If he is still missing, please contact NAMUS and Doe Network and get his case re-posted. I only found his profile still up on Charley Project: Thomas Jay Kerr – The Charley Project

Welcome to Websleuths JusMeShe. Are you a friend or relative? If he is still missing, please contact NAMUS and Doe Network and get his case re-posted. I only found his profile still up on Charley Project: Thomas Jay Kerr – The Charley Project
His mom has since passed and his family (what is left of it) knows deep down that he may never be found. I am sure he is still an open/ cold case with LVMPD.

His mom has since passed and his family (what is left of it) knows deep down that he may never be found. I am sure he is still an open/ cold case with LVMPD.

If his case is still open, it should be on NAMUS at the very least. They work with Law Enforcement (LE) and would not have removed the case unless LE requested it. But sometimes there can be errors made or a profile could be taken down temporarily to update it and doesn't get restored again. It's been down for quite a while now. If you are family or even a close friend please contact NAMUS to check on the status or contact LVMPD and ask why his NAMUS profile was removed. NAMUS is a very important tool for solving a missing person case, especially cold cases.

Does anyone know if the update on Namus is accurate? I can’t find any other information he was found alive or remains were found.

Attachments

• BCFE08F9-5573-42A7-9AC4-50857EA8E4D3.png
    BCFE08F9-5573-42A7-9AC4-50857EA8E4D3.png
    170.9 KB · Views: 2
I would like to see if we can help locate Thomas Kerr. His family only wants to bring him home for a proper burial. His mom is desperate to bring him home before she passes. In looking at his case, I see some discrepancies that need to be resolved that could help us in finding a match. For instance:

Thomas Kerr's Namus page states:
Thomas was last seen at a family member's residence in the vicinity of the 3600 block of Forestcrest in Las Vegas, NV near Flamingo and Sandhill. All of his personal belongings and vehicle were left behind. He was known to have frequented the Mug Shots bar at Desert Inn and Sandhill.

His Charley Project page states:
Thomas was last seen near the Sandhill area and Las Vegas Flamingo Hotel in the early morning hours of Sept 26, 1997. He had visited Mugshots Lounge in the late evening hours of Sept 25, paid his bar tab and apparently planned to stop for dinner elsewhere. No mention of him being at a family residence.

I received information from Clark County last might stating:
<modsnip> Anything your group can do would be greatly appreciated.

The biggest question is was he last seen on Sept 25-26 (per Namus), or as Clark County has stated back on Sept 19th?
If the 19th is the correct date, then there maybe an UID male that was ruled out based on date last seen. I have requested a confirmation of this new date and will confirm on the thread as soon as I hear back from Rick Jones.
Thanks to all for taking another look at Thomas Kerr's case and specifically looking at UID Males located in southern Nevada, Utah, CA, or AZ.

Im not sure how much help I can be but If I remember correctly Tommy was last seen Sept 25, him and my mother had gone out the day before my birthday. He dropped my mother off at home and left, it was night.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back