Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 2470DFTX

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2470dftx.html

Beatrice Villela
Missing since September 28, 1980 from San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

•Date Of Birth: December 23, 1960
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 140 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Black hair; brown eyes. She is right handed and had short hair at the time of her disappearance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Beatrice Villela was last seen on September 28, 1980 in San Antonio, TX.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Texas Department of Public Safety
512-424-5074

Agency Case Number: M0712006

Source Information:
Texas Department of Public Safety

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/v/villela_beatrice.html

Not listed in NamUs at this time.

No archived articles.

Beatrice has been missing almost 30 years. Come home soon.

Attachments

• BVillela.jpg
    BVillela.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 53
That was a good article. It's always sad to find "little information is available" case files. It's great to see new information being released that personalizes the individual missing as well as potential theories on what could have happened. Hoping her family can receive answers.

Here is her NamUs profile.

Wow there is literally nothing!

Did they find her car? If so, where?

Did they interview the owner of the shop? If so, what came of that?

Why are her fingerprints and dentals not submitted?

There are so many Jane Does in and around SA and she could very easily be one of them.

Sounds like the ball was dropped with this case....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New article-has more information-also-she is now listed in NAMUS

http://www.ksat.com/content/pns/ksa...eking-clues-in-womans-1980-disappearance.html

Article is still up but above link no longer works. I found it elsewhere, quoting from it before it gets removed/archived:
SAN ANTONIO - At just 19, Beatrice Villela -- "BB," as her sisters called her -- knew what she wanted to do with her life. She had her own condo. She was a hair stylist. She managed a salon. She loved her family.

Then on Sunday, Sept. 28, 1980, she vanished.

Villela's father reported her missing.
Villela's last week was a busy one. She was planning to make a trip to Chicago to see her sister and attend a show for hair stylists Oct. 1. She checked in with her sister, making plans for the trip.

"At that time she had even talked about staying in Chicago. She was excited. She thought maybe she could pursue her profession," said Sylvia DeMareno, Villela's sister.

Villela offered to pick up her niece and nephew Sunday.

"When I came home late that Sunday night, the kids were still here and Mary Helen said (Beatrice) didn't pick them up. I said (that) maybe she (had gotten) busy or something. We didn't think about calling her," said Thelma Frias, Villela's sister.
By Monday, the sisters knew something was wrong.
"I got the phone call from my cousin saying she didn't show up at the shop. 'Her customers are here. Do you know where she's at? She's 20 minutes late,'" said Coronado.

"It's not how she was," said Frias. "Where the hell is she?"
https://www.ksat.com/news/crime-fighters/family-sapd-seeking-clues-in-womans-1980-disappearance

Beatrice Villela – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)Beatrice Villela

• beatrice_villela_1.jpg
  • beatrice_villela_2.jpg
  • beatrice_villela_3.jpg
  • beatrice_villela_4.jpg
Villela, circa 1980

• Missing Since09/28/1980
  • Missing FromSan Antonio, Texas
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth12/23/1960 (58)
  • Age19 years old
  • Height and Weight5'6, 140 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsHispanic female. Black hair, brown eyes. Villela is right-handed. Her hair was cut short at the time of her disappearance. Her nickname is BB.
Details of Disappearance
Villela was last seen in San Antonio, Texas on September 28, 1980. She has never been heard from again. She worked as a hairstylist at the time of her disappearance, and on the day of her disappearance she got a call from the owner of the salon she managed.

They were supposed to meet at the beauty school to pick up supplies and take them to the shop, after which time Villela was going to babysit her niece and nephew. She never met the salon owner, never showed up to babysit, and has never been heard from again.

Villela disappeared just before a scheduled October 1 trip to Chicago, Illinois, where she planned to visit her sister and attend a show for hairstylists. She was considering moving permanently to Chicago and pursuing her profession there.

Because her disappearance was so uncharacteristic of her behavior, her family was convinced from the beginning that she had met with foul play. There's been no indication of her whereabouts since 1980.

What are people's thoughts on what happened to this young lady?

Predictably, the boyfriend Oscar Lozano has to be the prime suspect. Things were rocky between them shortly before Beatrice disappeared, and he didn't take the breakup well. If it's the same Oscar Lozano, I understand he passed away last year.

It's reported that the assistant manager of the condo where Beatrice's car was found recognised her before, but I don't know how much to read into that. I have a feeling the car was just dumped there in the vacant spot by her abductor, and the assistant manager was mistaken.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back