OR - Don Smock & Barbara Whitehead for sex abuse, child *advertiser censored*, Damascus, 2010

Missizzy

Reaction score
How unclear on the concept of child safety must one be? I'm hoping and praying this woman is NEVER allowed to parent again.

http://www.oregonlive.com/happy-val...ct_man_accused_of_molesting_her_daughter.html

Damascus [OR] woman admits lying to protect man accused of molesting her daughter

"A Damascus woman who secretly married a man accused of sexually abusing her daughter pleaded guilty Monday to perjury, first-degree criminal mistreatment and other charges.

Barbara Lynn Whitehead, 41, was sentenced by Clackamas County Circuit Court Judge Douglas V. Van Dyk to 18 months in prison. Her husband, Don Edward Smock Jr., is in jail awaiting trial on 45 felony counts of encouraging child sex abuse and other sex crimes....."

and

"....Within hours after testifying before the Clackamas County grand jury that indicted Smock, Whitehead secretly married him, Landers said. The couple, accompanied by Whitehead's children, then went on a three-day honeymoon....."

more at link

I hate these stories! I too hope she never gets a chance to parent again! What a heartless woman! Glad she got prison time!

I think it's the blatancy of it all that floors me. You lie to a Grand Jury? You cover up for a man who you know has traumatized your child? And then you waltz out of there and marry the slimeball?

I hate to say this but I truly hope that this woman has serious cognitive deficits. It wouldn't excuse her actions but I'd be better able to rationalize them. And, I admit, that's being very selfish.

From Msizzy's link:

"Whitehead lied to a detective to protect Smock and prevent his arrest and allowed Smock access to her daughter even after she saw evidence that he had used the girl in child *advertiser censored*, said Christine Landers, a senior deputy district attorney."

There is no excuse for this ????? whatever. She knew and she allowed it. In my mind that makes her a pedophile. I have no, none, nada, zip excuses left for weak woman. I'm at the point where even battered syndrome doesn't work to raise my sympathies anymore :(

Women need to be held just as accountable as men. This ????? should have been charged with the same sexual abuse charges as her husband. The SAME charges - in my opinion.

Salem

From Msizzy's link:

"Whitehead lied to a detective to protect Smock and prevent his arrest and allowed Smock access to her daughter even after she saw evidence that he had used the girl in child *advertiser censored*, said Christine Landers, a senior deputy district attorney."

There is no excuse for this ????? whatever. She knew and she allowed it. In my mind that makes her a pedophile. I have no, none, nada, zip excuses left for weak woman. I'm at the point where even battered syndrome doesn't work to raise my sympathies anymore :(

Women need to be held just as accountable as men. This ????? should have been charged with the same sexual abuse charges as her husband. The SAME charges - in my opinion.

Salem

I agree with you to a point. I personally think she should have been charged with the same sexual abuse charges and more! This is HER CHILD!!How does the maternal instinct not kick in??? These people dont belong in the world IMO! If you cant rely on your mother to protect you who can you rely on???:furious: :banghead: :furious:

This woman should never be allowed access to her existing children again and further she should not be allowed to breed. A mother pup has more care for her offspring/litter than this walking waste of skin.

I can't even post on this thread. I will get banned. Just throw out lots of random cuss words and you might get close.

I can't even post on this thread. I will get banned. Just throw out lots of random cuss words and you might get close.

Me too. Backing away from the computer after reading this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back