Exotic Drug Kills One Teen , 3 Others Hospitalized From Apparent Overdoses

gngr~snap

Verified Pediatric Nurse Georgia
Reaction score
A NEW "EXOTIC" DRUG THAT TEENS CAN EASILY BUY ONLINE

Four of my sons teenage friends tried the drug PHENAZEPAM. One died and three others ended up in ICU's here in Georgia. The drug is made in Russia. It is not considered illegal in the US YET! ER doctors and police are not even familiar with it.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/cherokee-woman-charged-after-teen-dies-092010

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/25082140/detail.html

http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/exotic-drug-leaves-cherokee-617599.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenazepam

I'm so sorry gngr-snap. I've never heard of this drug either. What's really scary is that you say ER doctors aren't familiar with it yet. They may not even be looking for this when someone comes in the ER.

I'm so sorry about your friends - this is just awful. It sounds like a lot of other benzos here in the US. Like Clonazepam, which is used to treat seizures and panic attacks. I can't imagine that ER docs are not familiar with it, since it's chemical make up is essentially quite similar.

C15H10ClN3O3 = Clonazepam (half life of 18–50 hours)

C15H10BrClN2O = Phenazepam (which has a 1/2 life of 60 hours)

In short, parents should NOT be giving their kids benzo's - period. She's now a murderer!

MOO

Mel

Wanted to add - it appears this is huge on the internet. Just google " Another Phenazepam Horror Story" and you'll hear people trying to mix it right. I guess it comes in a powder form and you mix it yourself! OMG. No wonder people are dropping dead. Some folks just take the powder and eat it -- rendering them mentally challenged for days!

Time to make this drug script only.

It sounds just like any other benzo here in the US. Like Clonazepam, which is used to treat seizures and panic attacks. I can't imagine that ER docs are not familiar with it, since it's chemical make up is essentially quite similar.

C15H10ClN3O3 = Clonazepam (half life of 18–50 hours)

C15H10BrClN2O = Phenazepam (which has a 1/2 life of 60 hours)

In short, parents should NOT be giving their kids benzo's - period. She's now a murderer!

MOO

Mel

Wanted to add - it appears this is huge on the internet. Just google " Another Phenazepam Horror Story" and you'll hear people trying to mix it right. I guess it comes in a powder form and you mix it yourself! OMG. No wonder people are dropping dead. Some folks just take the powder and eat it -- rendering them mentally challenged for days!
BBM~ I just wanted to stress....
This "42 year old woman" is not a parent of any of the boys involved.

The police are investigating where the phenazepam came from and it has taken them as far away as New York ? I believe... don't quote me on that quite yet though...

she gave him oxy's too

omg

I'm so sorry gngr-snap. I've never heard of this drug either. What's really scary is that you say ER doctors aren't familiar with it yet. They may not even be looking for this when someone comes in the ER.

They don't! Officers tried to use a breath analyzer on one of the boys because he thought he was drunk only to find it registered ZERO.

Once they figured out it was phenazepam and did their research, the three that lived ended up spending 3-5 days in the ICU/ hospital. It just about killed all of them!

And to mix it with OXY? She had to know it would kill them, but gave it to them anyway...

da^n benzo's. WHY is this not controlled??

You can actually buy PHENAZEPAM on eBay.

The one article states that Kerri Sue Chatman gave them the oxy's. It was the boy that passed I believe that purchased the Soviet drug from the internet.

My guess is this woman sold the kids the Oxy's. Unfortunately I have seen that. My friends son was buying his drugs from a full fledged grown dang adult that lived down the block from them. A woman.

You can actually buy PHENAZEPAM on eBay.

NO! That is so tragic. Not only should it be carefully monitored, and prescribed by a doctor only -- is should never be sold in powder form. Unlike US benzos, which are mainly tablet form (or liquid if you're in a hospital), giving someone powder is a death sentence. Oh, I'm sure it comes with instructions - not.

I worry for our children who might think it's harmless if it's on ebay.

:(

Mel

Truly frightening! From the little I've read on your links, it certainly sounds as if this drug should be listed as a narcotic in the US. Wikipedia says Norway just did so earlier this year.

The thought of teenage kids ordering this stuff by mail on the internet is very scary. It's obviously a dangerous substance that should only be administered by a doctor.

The one article states that Kerri Sue Chatman gave them the oxy's. It was the boy that passed I believe that purchased the Soviet drug from the internet.

My guess is this woman sold the kids the Oxy's. Unfortunately I have seen that. My friends son was buying his drugs from a full fledged grown dang adult that lived down the block from them. A woman.

I have since learned she was not selling the oxy's... she was umm... trading them for, for how do I say this in a nice way???ADULT BEDROOM ACTIVITY! (not ALL the boys were participating, but were OVER 18 so technically what transpired was consenting acts by adults) still wrong IMO
She was in her 40's and they were under 20.
moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back