Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 605DMCA

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/605dmca.html

Daniel Naylor
Missing since October 5, 1982 from Fremont, Alameda County, California
Classification: Endangered Runaway

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

•Date Of Birth: June 23, 1968
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'9"; 140 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; blue eyes.
•Clothing: Gray half t-shirt, red shorts, hi top tennis shoes.
•Dentals: Not available. At the time of his disappearance Naylor wore braces.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Naylor was last seen on October 5, 1982 in Fremont, CA. He left his home upset after a dispute with his parents.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Fremont Police Department
510-790-6722

Agency Case Number: 821006024

NCIC Number: M-211392399
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
California Department of Justice

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/n/naylor_daniel.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/4544/0/
NamUs Profile:
Dental: NA
DNA: NA
Fingerprints: NA

No archived articles found at this time.

Daniel has been missing almost 28 years. Come home soon sweetie.

Attachments

• DNaylor.jpg
    DNaylor.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 273
There have been some updates on Daniel's NamUs page and a clearer photo. [Per NamUs] Daniel's DNA and Dental information is available and entered.

I was living in Fremont at this time, and I am around the same age, but I never heard of this disappearance!

You would think that if nothing bad has happened to him, he would have got in touch with his parents at some point!

But something I did notice just by looking at the list of missing people in California, is there seems to be a fair amount of boys and men that went missing, between 1979 and 1983 in the bay area. Granted I need to take the time to really look at this and see if what I am seeing is right, but between September and October in each of these years, a male or males went missing. Most were grown men who left for work and were never seen again. its very weird!

When I get some time I will make a list.

Hopefully Daniel is out there alive.

I was living in Fremont at this time, and I am around the same age, but I never heard of this disappearance!

You would think that if nothing bad has happened to him, he would have got in touch with his parents at some point!

But something I did notice just by looking at the list of missing people in California, is there seems to be a fair amount of boys and men that went missing, between 1979 and 1983 in the bay area. Granted I need to take the time to really look at this and see if what I am seeing is right, but between September and October in each of these years, a male or males went missing. Most were grown men who left for work and were never seen again. its very weird!

When I get some time I will make a list.

Hopefully Daniel is out there alive.

I noticed that, too. A lot of males went missing during those years from Southern California, too. I had wondered if Randy Kraft had ever traveled to the Bay Area and was responsible for some of the disappearances there the way that when Lear Siegler sent him to Oregon and Michigan, young man began showing up murdered. It might be something completely different, too, because the disappearances continue after May 14, 1983.

I have been looking for an update but could not find any. Bumping for Daniel :pullhair:

Could any of you provide a link to those missing males in that area the ones that seem odd and usual.

Fourteen is such a vulnerable age. I'm close in age to Daniel. Trying to remember what I was doing that day in 1982. Just finished middle school, ready to get my summer on, anticipating high school...

Fourteen is such a vulnerable age. I'm close in age to Daniel. Trying to remember what I was doing that day in 1982. Just finished middle school, ready to get my summer on, anticipating high school...

It sure is, oh god the things I did at that age, I'll never see the gates of heaven ...lol but yes very vulnerable, don't know the dangers. I learned the hard way but I'm here to tell the tale :)

The fact that his bike was found abandoned near a creek gives me a feeling of malaise. I usually believe foul play when someone's source of mobility (i.e., a car, a wheelchair, or in this case a bike) is found just lying somewhere. Maybe he could've ditched the bike in the process of running away, but I'm not sure...

The fact that his bike was found abandoned near a creek gives me a feeling of malaise. I usually believe foul play when someone's source of mobility (i.e., a car, a wheelchair, or in this case a bike) is found just lying somewhere. Maybe he could've ditched the bike in the process of running away, but I'm not sure...
I agree, except if the kidnapper left it there so we would believe it wasn't foul play.

"Social Media Brought Forth New Clues in a Missing Persons Case From 1982"

http://fox40.com/2015/08/16/social-media-helped-new-clues-emerge-in-a-missing-persons-case-from-1982/

An age progression photo was shared more than 2,000 times on Facebook and made its way to Folsom and that’s where the tip came in from. Someone told authorities they spotted a man who looks like the age progression photo in the area of the Century 14 Movie Theater and Burger King on Iron Point Road.

Investigators reopen the case of Daniel Naylor; possible that foul play was involved in his disappearance.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Cold-Case-From-1982-of-Missing-Fremont-Boy-Now-Considered-Suspicious-Police-364946691.html

The boy was considered a runaway until police found new evidence that may bring the case to a different conclusion. Fremont police -- after re-interviewing family members -- recently executed a search warrant at the house the boy was last seen leaving 33 years ago on Nightengale Place.

Police investigating the case were initially told Daniel had an argument with his father and left, never to be seen again.

Fremont police said late Monday their interviewing of family members and inconsistencies in some of their statements make investigators uncertain Daniel ran away.

Fremont police reopen case of boy who disappeared in 1982

Fresh look prompts police to eye foul play in case of boy who vanished in '82

In the fall of 1982, 14-year-old Daniel Naylor walked out of his parents' Fremont, Calif., home after a heated argument with his father and was never seen again -- leaving family and police to believe he had run away.

A search by neighbors for the boy -- who was reported missing some 10 to 12 hours later -- uncovered his bike near brush along the Alameda Creek Trail, a short distance from his home.

According to police, the family reported that Naylor returned to their home in November -- when no one was home -- and took $50 in cash and all of his personal belongings.

In his bedroom, the family said they found a message fashioned from Scrabble tiles, spelling out the words, "new life," according to Fremont Police.

Police say they believe the reported argument Naylor and his father had on Oct. 5 turned physical, but they declined to elaborate further. Naylor was last seen wearing a gray half t-shirt, red shorts and high top tennis shoes, according to family.

This is an odd question -- but does anyone know if the Naylors lived in Foster City at any point before this?

This may be a total longshot. I have been looking for an outside organization who would be willing to do a search of the area where my brother went missing. I am looking for a search dog team. Does anyone have any contacts in the San Francisco Bay Area that they could steer me in the right direction. Those I have found will only work with police and Fremont PD has their own agenda on what they feel happened.
Any help would be appreciated. To be able to find an answer after almost 34 years would be comforting. Thank you!

Maybe someone here can help?
http://www.bayarearecoverycanines.com/BARC/Home.html
Or this man and dog?
http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Cadaver-dog-said-to-detect-human-remains-at-6350313.php
[h=1]Cadaver dog said to detect human remains at ex-Oakland home of long-missing woman[/h]
Paul Dostie, a retired Mammoth Lakes police sergeant, said his three-legged black Labrador named Buster alerted to the scent of the “chemical plume” associated with decaying human remains in the basement of the home on the 200 block of Jayne Avenue in the Adams Point neighborhood.
Dostie, 61, who along with Buster, 11, has gained renown for locating the remains of soldiers missing in action abroad, cautioned that he did not know for sure whether the scent the dog had alerted to could be the remains of Modafferi, or possibly the ashes of somebody else associated with the multi-family, seven-bedroom home
attachment.php

Attachments

• 920x920.jpg
    920x920.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 130

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads