Quick Drops?

MysteryMomma

Inactive
Reaction score
Has anyone used these places? You are supposed to be able to drop off your ebay items at their stores and they put them on ebay and ship them for you and send you the money once it sells. One just opened in a city close to me. I'm curious. I never wanted to do all the work it takes to sell stuff online, but this sounds easy.

Personally, I think it's a waste of money...it only takes 5 minutes to create an ebay sellers account, and then you get to keep all the money...

It's the shipping that seems to be a pain to me. The stuff I have to sell is all odd shaped some stuff large....I can't see doing this from home.....

My cousin runs one of these. It's a win win situation for people who don't have the time or knowledge to sell on ebay. They do get a small percentage. I could find out more if you want.

I can't find anyone who has personally used the service. I usually donate the things I don't want to the Salvation Army, but my husband keeps telling me to sell our stuff on e bay........I have heard a lot of horror stories from friends of mine who sell tons of stuff. Pay pal nightmares and bouncing checks....

Seriously? I don't know anyone who sells on EBay, although I've threatened to do so a bunch of times. The hot check reception is pretty low here in our business, but all it takes is one to just ruin your 'tude for a bit. :furious:

I sell on Ebay and don't accept personal checks... only pay pal and money orders. And have considered becoming an Ebay Broker...or as you state..a drop of place to have items sold. I make pretty good money on my sales and am sure there are plenty of people who don't want the hassle of listing...and shipping.

Selling on Ebay can be lots of fun...give it a try.

Flower Girl

lurkalot said:
Personally, I think it's a waste of money...it only takes 5 minutes to create an ebay sellers account, and then you get to keep all the money...

I agree with ya lurkalot!! I've been selling on Ebay for five years and have had no problems. It is not worth it to me, however, to sell other people's stuff. Big ticket items are one thing, but no way would I deal with the small stuff.

If I sell for someone else, and say the item sells for $50 and I get 25% (which most of you will think is high), I make $12.50. I have to use my digital camera to take a picture of it, list it, answer stupid email questions about the item (sorry), pay ebay fees, pack the item, ship it, etc...... Not worth it for $12.50. AND THAT IS assuming the item sells for $50. Smaller ticket items, say something selling for $20, I only make $5...... Same amount of time involved no matter what the items sells for. I'd just rather sell my own stuff!

Sell it yourself on Ebay, it is WAY TO EASY!!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back