9-24-2010 Putting the case together, will Misty crack?

butterfly1978

Reaction score
I rarely put much stock into the tings that Art Harris says, his sources seem to be able to obtain information that no one else can varify. However I am extremely intrested in his latest article, it talks about a lot of diffrent things, from the antique gun being turned in, to Chelsea's claims that Misty is protecting Ron out of fear. Its stated that WBG is in the same cell as Hank and that Ron has been threatening Hank even though they are keep apart. Its a very intresting read, if you havent read it yet.
http://www.artharris.com/2010/09/24/ronald-cummings-gets-15-years-in-prison-art-harris-on-jane-velez-mitchell-nancy-grace-fri/#more-4806

If I believe wwhat Art is saying than we have a few questions to answer to possable put this all together. Chelsea claims that Misty protecting Ron out of fear.... Now why would Misty need to protect Ron? From who or from what?
Is WBG working with LE? Why put him and Hank together?
It states that Ron has met with LE many times why is that information not released? We didnt even see Ron's court hearing like we did the others.

Why would Lindsey still protect Tommy after divorcing him, and if Chelsea can prove all these things with letters why has she not turned them over?

If all this that Art is saying is true (which I'm very unsure of) than could Misty really crack? Levi posted on FB tonight that Misty met with LE tonight. other than a facebook post I can't verify the information, but intrestingly enough maybe Misty will wind up telling the truth.
I know this thread covers a lot of subjects, but basically I wanted to pull this article into one place so we could discuss its contents and possable outcome.

Sorry about all the errors. It's 3 am, I'm on a lap top and sick.

Misty met with LE last night? Well now, I can't wait to see what this might lead to.

snipped by me
Its stated that WBG is in the same cell as Hank and that Ron has been threatening Hank even though they are keep apart. Its a very intresting read, if you havent read it yet.

If I believe wwhat Art is saying than we have a few questions to answer to possable put this all together. Chelsea claims that Misty protecting Ron out of fear.... Now why would Misty need to protect Ron? From who or from what?
Is WBG working with LE? Why put him and Hank together?
It states that Ron has met with LE many times why is that information not released? We didnt even see Ron's court hearing like we did the others.

Why would Lindsey still protect Tommy after divorcing him, and if Chelsea can prove all these things with letters why has she not turned them over?

You have raised some good points

I don't think WBG being in the same cell as Hank can be an accident, so chances are he is working with LE, although I don't know how much information (if anything) Hank can provide.

Why would Lindsy continue to protect Tommy? She has kids by him, and probably still has feelings for him. I thought the divorce was brought on by her family pressuring her to do so, or they would not support her. I agree with her family, she should break ties with him, but at the same time, she is probably in some conflict over it, and has sympathy for him.

I think Chelsea would do anything for money, so let's see if her appearance on NG on Monday provides any new information, or is just more of the same. I'm guessing that guests get paid to appear, or maybe get travel expenses, whatever.

I think it's odd that Chelsea is the spokesperson for Timmy - we never hear a peep out of him.

If the Bald Truth is correct, not only is Hank sharing a cell with WBG, Hank is also the jailhouse snitch thanks to Lisa and AH. That should make Hank's time a lot easier. :shakehead: I know this borders on being OT, and I apologize, but what is the purpose of reporting this rumor? Lt. Greenwood said it was "next to impossible" since only video visitation has been used for the past two months, so it's an unsubstantiated allegation, has nothing to do with Haleigh's case really, and can only serve to stir up more bad blood where bad blood already exists. (In the same article, AH states that Ronald allegedly is yelling at Hank across the pod at night and taunting him in the excercise yard -- again, according to Lisa.) Is he trying to get Hank killed? This is a good example of the way AH spews information and why I am skeptical of his reporting.

That said, if Ron is showing animosity to Hank, it seems he's had a change of heart since the conversation with Cobra. Why is he picking on Hank? Does he blame Misty for getting him busted? Does he blame Misty for Haleigh's death? Or, does he blame Hank for Haleigh's death because Hank made Joe give the gun back to Ron during the first argument? Just food for thought this morning.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at this quote:

Before the judge announced his sentence, Shoemaker called Cummings mother, Teresa Neves, as a character witness. She asked him to be lenient, saying, “He is a good father, he has two children. We might not know where one is, but he has two children.”

I hope you get well soon, Butterfly. :heart:

snipped by me

You have raised some good points

I don't think WBG being in the same cell as Hank can be an accident, so chances are he is working with LE, although I don't know how much information (if anything) Hank can provide.

Why would Lindsy continue to protect Tommy? She has kids by him, and probably still has feelings for him. I thought the divorce was brought on by her family pressuring her to do so, or they would not support her. I agree with her family, she should break ties with him, but at the same time, she is probably in some conflict over it, and has sympathy for him.

I think Chelsea would do anything for money, so let's see if her appearance on NG on Monday provides any new information, or is just more of the same. I'm guessing that guests get paid to appear, or maybe get travel expenses, whatever.

I think it's odd that Chelsea is the spokesperson for Timmy - we never hear a peep out of him.

I have never heard him peep but I've heard him say "huh" alot...

from the link provided above
Outside, First Coast News reported Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh’s mother, and other family members in the courthouse parking lot, crying. All said they believed the sentence was too short.

That answers why Crystal was crying in the parking lot, they believe RC got off easy...

Chelsea Croslin keeps saying she thinks MC is fearful of RC and is protecting him...she has nothing to be fearful about, since he's in one jail and she's in another. If she wants to help her own case and if she does have credible information (doubtful) she should let it alllll hang out. The problem with MC/TomC is that they keep changing their stories so they aren't credible to begin with.

“From the moment I came on board, we’ve been open to speaking with investigators regarding Haleigh’s case,” Shoemaker tells me, “we’ve met with them numerous times. Ronald has talked about the phone calls he made that night, the time lines, his relationship with everyone involved…who he thinks is involved. He’s told them everything they’ve wanted to know.”

I'd like to hear what RC told the investigators. I'd like to hear what he feels and who he feels is responsible for HaLeigh's abduction...why not set the record straight? I understand HaLeigh's disappearance is an active case but someone has to know what became of HaLeigh, it's time to bring her home. Heck, it's over the time to bring her home...That precious child is the only thing that matters...

Seems, if true, the detectives have this vintage gun which seems to be the reason that HaLeigh was abducted. If they do have it, I pray it holds many clues/evidence. I also want to know who had it! They made an anonymous call and gave directions on where to find it ( he claims a Cummings relative was harboring it)...Just like a good old (mystery) movie...all so secretive, all so diabolical...Which would mean to me, that this gun was something JO wanted so bad, his anger and rage at RC for humilating him over this gun in the first place, would be the reason to take a child and get back at RC...how depraved is that??? Steve Brown's statement, this means the gun is real and his LE contacts advised him they had retreived this rare machine gun....hmmmm...yet, PCSD knows nothing of this, has no information a machine gun was recovered...Confusing/conflicting statements...

If those allegations of drug use still going on, I do hope LE are on top of this now and get whoever is bringing in the contraband and who is selling it...damn shame but corruption exists, money to be made and all that jazz...a missing child smack dab in the middle of all these predators...JMHO

In the war of curses and credibility between thugs, Bad Dads and drug dealers, Shoemaker argues how “Tommy has changed his story from going to the trailer at 10 p.m. on Ronald’s behalf to going there later with Joe to steal a machine gun. Based on my conversations with Ronald, he wasn’t concerned if Misty was there. He kept calling because it went straight to voice mail and he assumed she turned off the phone because she wasn’t there.”

Yep, war of curses and credibility between thugs, bad dads and drug dealers...and HaLeigh is in the middle of it all...poor child, where are you HaLeigh????

This article, if it has any truth, just leaves more questions than answers and still, it doesn't bring HaLeigh home....JMHO

Where is HaLeigh????

Last month, a Putnam County Sheriff’s Department spokesman said he had no information about any machine gun recovered related to the Haleigh Cummings case. Asked whether it was the weapon family members tell me Ronald showed off over beers, Shoemaker declined to confirm or deny the machine gun was found or even existed, insisting Ronald denied ever showing a machine gun to Overstreet.

“I can’t comment on it,” he told me. “If someone is telling you that, I don’t know here they got the information. But if your sources are good, they may not be far from the truth.”

This statement gets me, because its sounds like there maybe some truth. The statement is coming from Shoemaker and he says he don't know if LE has the gun but if his sources are good it may not be far from the truth. So does that mean that mean Shoemaker thinks the story may be true because the gun does exist and one of his relatives was holding it, he just doesn't know if they turned it over?
I just can not imagine why a gun (if true) could cause all of this. Unless the gun is tied in together with another crime, like the rumors we heard earlier about an unsolved murder. Maybe Tommy and Ron commited some sort of crime together and Ron stole this gun which might be linked to something bigger... Tommy is threatened, so he goes and tries to steal the gun back from Ron, Whoever originally owned the gun took Haleigh and Misty is afraid for Ron.... Ron puts the rat in Tommy's mail box because Tommy says he is going to tell the truth,and Ron thinks that it will put more people in danger... Ah Hell I don't know... but there is a little truth in every lie, and the common connection that never changes is that there is a gun involved, Ron was at work, Misty wouldn't answer the phone, Tommy did go over there, and Joe was down here. I think those are the true parts of the stories, just how they all tie together I dunno.

Last month, a Putnam County Sheriff’s Department spokesman said he had no information about any machine gun recovered related to the Haleigh Cummings case. Asked whether it was the weapon family members tell me Ronald showed off over beers, Shoemaker declined to confirm or deny the machine gun was found or even existed, insisting Ronald denied ever showing a machine gun to Overstreet.

“I can’t comment on it,” he told me. “If someone is telling you that, I don’t know here they got the information. But if your sources are good, they may not be far from the truth.”

This statement gets me, because its sounds like there maybe some truth. The statement is coming from Shoemaker and he says he don't know if LE has the gun but if his sources are good it may not be far from the truth. So does that mean that mean Shoemaker thinks the story may be true because the gun does exist and one of his relatives was holding it, he just doesn't know if they turned it over?
I just can not imagine why a gun (if true) could cause all of this. Unless the gun is tied in together with another crime, like the rumors we heard earlier about an unsolved murder. Maybe Tommy and Ron commited some sort of crime together and Ron stole this gun which might be linked to something bigger... Tommy is threatened, so he goes and tries to steal the gun back from Ron, Whoever originally owned the gun took Haleigh and Misty is afraid for Ron.... Ron puts the rat in Tommy's mail box because Tommy says he is going to tell the truth,and Ron thinks that it will put more people in danger... Ah Hell I don't know... but there is a little truth in every lie, and the common connection that never changes is that there is a gun involved, Ron was at work, Misty wouldn't answer the phone, Tommy did go over there, and Joe was down here. I think those are the true parts of the stories, just how they all tie together I dunno.

Butterfly, I hope you are feeling better.

The gun. Yes, there are many questions about why this gun is so special and why Ron would guard it or try to keep it secret that he owns such a gun.

In past posts, I have pointed out that I believe Ron would treasure owing such a gun. Simply because in my opinion it fullfills his image of himself as the "Godfather." Now, don't laugh, I think in few instances, Ron has shown himself as a great fan of the Godfather movies. He's quoted them and gone as far as using a dead animal (rat in Tommy's mailbox) as a threat.

Owning a machine gun, a vintage one, would complete the image Ron has of himself as the "Don." However, to me, this is not a gun Ron bought at a swap meet. I believe he stole it from someone. The big deal about owning this gun openly, is that federal laws demand the gun be registered with the feds. But, if the gun is "hot" there's no way he can register it or claim open ownership of the gun. Which in a way might have made Ron feel all the more like a gangster for having a machine gun.

Owning an unregistered machine gun carries really harsh penalties. Large fines and jail time in a federal prison not just the local county jail. And, if the gun was stolen from its original owner, that makes the crime even worse.

I believe, even though Ron would cherish showing off this gun to his drinking buddies or drug pals, he would do whatever to hide this gun. Even to the point of making it central focus of covering up his daughter's disappearance in order that LE not find out about the gun.

I'm beginning to feel like a broken record. I've stated these theories about the "gun" before. And while owning and showing off the gun to his peers was certainly an ego booster for Ron, having the gun was also a dangerous situation for him. Enough that he would go to any means to hide the gun from officials.

jmo

Thanks AZ and Bessie for the well wishes. I have bronchitis and strep throat and wound up cracking a rib from coughing. I have had 3 shots in the butt this week and I am on 6 different prescriptions including pain meds nothing much I can do but lay here on the lap top, but hardly anyone is on,,,,,,,, sorry to get off topic, but thanks for your concern.

One frustrating aspect of this whole case is that with so many lies, we have a hard time recognizing the truth when we hear it. I do believe there have been some truths because even liars do not lie 100% of the time.

That said, I have over some months become leery of anything that comes from AH. Even though I am sure that at times he has reported truth, his embellishments and constant "according to my sources" or "sources close to the case" have made me suspicious of his reporting and his motives. When there is no requirement to divulge the source of information one can easily spread rumors disguised as facts.

I believe LE has some evidence in Haleigh's disappearance but what that is, I do not know. I remember many discussions in this forum right after the St. Johns River search when it was reported yellow rope and cinder blocks were found. Almost immediately it was reported that Tommy had similar rope in his home and before long we were hearing that it matched perfectly with that found in/near the river. Reality is, we do not know for sure if rope was found and, even if it was, where it originated from. This is just one example of unverified information being taken as fact when the only fact is that until information is verified, it is rumor.

I am taking this article with same same salt I take all AH articles. I am sure there are bits and pieces of truth interspersed with his embellishments but, if his source close to the case is none other than Chelsea Croslin, I read with one eye closed.

Thanks AZ and Bessie for the well wishes. I have bronchitis and strep throat and wound up cracking a rib from coughing. I have had 3 shots in the butt this week and I am on 6 different prescriptions including pain meds nothing much I can do but lay here on the lap top, but hardly anyone is on,,,,,,,, sorry to get off topic, but thanks for your concern.

Wow!!! That is bad stuff you have...I have had bronchitis and it takes a while to get over..but with all the scripts you are taking, you will soon get over this...and back on the mend...

Get well wishes go out to you...hang in There!!!

Back on topic...Misty needs (if she still is) to stop covering for Ron, for I believe he is going to throw her under the bus...

He Surely is not going to incrimminate himself and get more prison time...he is sticking with his story that he was at work..

Ron would cover for his mom and GMS, but not for anyone else...He will try to make Misty the fall girl...Also, the story Misty gave is...she was sleeping and the last one with Haleigh...Ron will hold her to that story...

UNLESS the LE...have figured it all out...and it is Ron that caused Haleigh's death...(which I believe) we shall see....

If there is a way, for Misty to take the fall for Haleigh's homicide, Ron will find it....with TN and GMS help....

I would soooooo love to know what the LE have figured out...

all in my own opinion

I have to wonder if Misty even cares anymore. She looked so defeated the last couple times we saw her, albeit briefly on video, in court.

I also wonder why none of Misty's charges have been reduced. Reduction of charges is very commonly agreed to by state attorneys because it avoids the hassle and expense of going to trial. It's true Misty cannot refute any of her charges because they are all on videotape, but I still believe the court might have entertained a Motion from the defense for reduction of charges. To me, that's just a given defense strategy prior to pleading on any charge. So I wonder why Fields has not done so. And if he asked for that and was told no way would it happen, he should have held out for taking this to trial in both counties, IMO. It almost never hurts to ask, but it almost always hurts if you don't--so why didn't the defense ask for something for Misty? The only answers I can come up with are either Fields is confident Misty will get YO status or Misty has told him she no longer cares what happens to her.

In either case, Misty really has no motivation to talk further to LE about Haleigh. She expects a light sentence or she expects the book thrown at her and simply doesn't care, IMO. And in either case, I would think Misty would not be covering for anyone anymore and that she has told LE about Ron and/or his clan...and either they listened to her or they didn't.

JMO.

ETA: I should add that if Misty is charged with homicide, things may change quickly.

I have to wonder if Misty even cares anymore. She looked so defeated the last couple times we saw her, albeit briefly on video, in court.

I also wonder why none of Misty's charges have been reduced. Reduction of charges is very commonly agreed to by state attorneys because it avoids the hassle and expense of going to trial. It's true Misty cannot refute any of her charges because they are all on videotape, but I still believe the court might have entertained a Motion from the defense for reduction of charges. To me, that's just a given defense strategy prior to pleading on any charge. So I wonder why Fields has not done so. And if he asked for that and was told no way would it happen, he should have held out for taking this to trial in both counties, IMO. It almost never hurts to ask, but it almost always hurts if you don't--so why didn't the defense ask for something for Misty? The only answers I can come up with are either Fields is confident Misty will get YO status or Misty has told him she no longer cares what happens to her.

In either case, Misty really has no motivation to talk further to LE about Haleigh. She expects a light sentence or she expects the book thrown at her and simply doesn't care, IMO. And in either case, I would think Misty would not be covering for anyone anymore and that she has told LE about Ron and/or his clan...and either they listened to her or they didn't.

JMO.

ETA: I should add that if Misty is charged with homicide, things may change quickly.
Chelsea saying that Misty is covering for Ron is carp. That's not to say that Ron isn't involved, but there's no way all of these people are covering for him out of fear. In the jailhouse tape, between the 2, Misty was very persuasive IMO, that Ron wasn't who she was covering for. Chelsea brought him up IMO, because she wanted it to be him, but Misty was as dismissive towards him as she would've been towards a fly. just an annoyance, & not part of the real nitty gritty. I'm sorry, but that's how I saw it, & she convinced me. Who were the 2? Tommy & Joe? Tommy & herself? Tommy & Timmy? IDK. I agree with the poster who said that Chelsea's motivated by money, & I don't believe much of what she says. She's a liar like the rest of them. Why would she, when she claims her main focus in life, is to find Haleigh, hang on to those letters from Lindsey? money? drama? Does she really have them & now that Lindsey's divorced, is ready to snitch? I really don't like all of these people who weren't even related to Haleigh, being in th d*%@%* middle of everything, but if they lead to answers, then so be it. About Lisa...I'm not sure I believe her either. In the taped call between Tommy & Flora, it was related by Flo, that Lisa had threatened to take all of her xanax if Tommy didn't call her. This declaration of suicide was met with...nothing. So, I guess they're used to Lisa's dramatics. You made some good points about Misty not getting any charges dropped or reduced in exchange for the easy plea. I've also been wondering why. My thinking on Misty, right now, is that 'she's damned if she does & damned if she doesn't'. Is she the killer , or is she covering for Tommy, or has she told the truth, but wasn't believed, so she has given up? But I've been giving her some thought, & have realized that even if she's released from jail, she has absolutely nowhere to go. Her mom & dad are in trouble, Tommy's in jail, Lindsey's not part of them anymore, & her ex huband/friend, is in jail. Who does that leave? Timmy & Chelsea? They're doing there own scrambling. Flo? who lives near Joe? after all of the Joe did it stories? I don't think so. So, I doubt Misty really wants out right now & IMO, she's probably pretty content with things as they are.

Sadly you are right. misty is getting better treatment in jail than she probably has her entire life. She has 3 meals a day, a place to sleep everynight and a shower everyday probably better than she has ever had it sadly and she is probably being schooled as well... So why give all that up, to be set free and have nothing not even a family.

Sadly you are right. misty is getting better treatment in jail than she probably has her entire life. She has 3 meals a day, a place to sleep every night and a shower everyday probably better than she has ever had it sadly and she is probably being schooled as well... So why give all that up, to be set free and have nothing not even a family.

Cause she isn't free, she's in a cage. She wants out.

If she knew, she would have sung like a bird long ago. She would have sold out her own mother. You heard her in those tapes saying "get me out" and basically forget about my brother...help ME and trowing her cousin under the bus. This family has no loyalty. She isn't covering for anyone.

No one is covering for her either. She couldn't have done it alone, the body would be close and would have been found.

The truth is foreign too this crowd, it's bendable and it's whatever will get their needs met. It's a survival skill Misty learned as a young child growing up surrounded by antisocial people.

She is going to keep telling stories in hopes of getting out.

All in my opinion

That answers why Crystal was crying in the parking lot, they believe RC got off easy...

Chelsea Croslin keeps saying she thinks MC is fearful of RC and is protecting him...she has nothing to be fearful about, since he's in one jail and she's in another. If she wants to help her own case and if she does have credible information (doubtful) she should let it alllll hang out. The problem with MC/TomC is that they keep changing their stories so they aren't credible to begin with.

I'd like to hear what RC told the investigators. I'd like to hear what he feels and who he feels is responsible for HaLeigh's abduction...why not set the record straight? I understand HaLeigh's disappearance is an active case but someone has to know what became of HaLeigh, it's time to bring her home. Heck, it's over the time to bring her home...That precious child is the only thing that matters...

Seems, if true, the detectives have this vintage gun which seems to be the reason that HaLeigh was abducted. If they do have it, I pray it holds many clues/evidence. I also want to know who had it! They made an anonymous call and gave directions on where to find it ( he claims a Cummings relative was harboring it)...Just like a good old (mystery) movie...all so secretive, all so diabolical...Which would mean to me, that this gun was something JO wanted so bad, his anger and rage at RC for humilating him over this gun in the first place, would be the reason to take a child and get back at RC...how depraved is that??? Steve Brown's statement, this means the gun is real and his LE contacts advised him they had retreived this rare machine gun....hmmmm...yet, PCSD knows nothing of this, has no information a machine gun was recovered...Confusing/conflicting statements...

If those allegations of drug use still going on, I do hope LE are on top of this now and get whoever is bringing in the contraband and who is selling it...damn shame but corruption exists, money to be made and all that jazz...a missing child smack dab in the middle of all these predators...JMHO

Yep, war of curses and credibility between thugs, bad dads and drug dealers...and HaLeigh is in the middle of it all...poor child, where are you HaLeigh????

This article, if it has any truth, just leaves more questions than answers and still, it doesn't bring HaLeigh home....JMHO

Where is HaLeigh????

BBM

I am not sure that answers why Crystal was crying. It doesn't agree with what she actually said.

It seems the only one throwing mud was Chelsea Croslin .

Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's mother, and other family members were in the courthouse parking lot after the sentence, crying. They said they were deeply disappointed at the sentence.

"I don't want my son to grow up without his father," Sheffield said as she wept.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=168541&catid=3

I also saw photos yesterday of the hearing and both sides of Haliegh's family were embracing each other.

So imo, Art Harris has struck once again with misinformation on this part at least and maybe some other parts too.

IMO

Sadly you are right. misty is getting better treatment in jail than she probably has her entire life. She has 3 meals a day, a place to sleep everynight and a shower everyday probably better than she has ever had it sadly and she is probably being schooled as well... So why give all that up, to be set free and have nothing not even a family.
& I don't care what cops or anybody else say, I don't think Misty is as hard as they portray her. Even in the bust video, she was bouncy & 'fun loving'. (Lindsey's term for her), so I think she's probably already made friends & is in a clique. I've watched a lot of prison documentaries, & as bad as they are, they're still not as bad as life on the streets, so IMO, Misty, who has been wild & free to roam, her whole life, might thrive under all of that structure. But I do hate the idea of such a young girl being locked up for life.

& I don't care what cops or anybody else say, I don't think Misty is as hard as they portray her. Even in the bust video, she was bouncy & 'fun loving'. (Lindsey's term for her), so I think she's probably already made friends & is in a clique. I've watched a lot of prison documentaries, & as bad as they are, they're still not as bad as life on the streets, so IMO, Misty, who has been wild & free to roam, her whole life, might thrive under all of that structure. But I do hate the idea of such a young girl being locked up for life.
I do too. I dont feel the same way about Misty as I do Casey. I beleive that Misty if given a chance could possably have a chance. Casey on the other hand had it all and all the oppurtunity she was just selfish and cold. I just think Misty doesn't know any better.

This is not off topic when it concerns a broken rib!
You poor thing. I can only imagine your pain. Coughing must be torture. I do wish you a speedy recovery. Take those meds, rest, keep calm and remember there are members here who do care.

:balloons: Get Well.

Where is HaLeigh????

BBM: FWIW, the machine gun is not the weapon that was reportedly stolen and retrieved. The weapon reportedly stolen was the pistol that usually resided under Misty's pillow. Ron admitted that he hid the pistol in the culvert and retrieved and cleaned it prior to handing it over to LE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back